It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News...Trump weighs mobilizing 100,000 National Guard troops for Immigration Roundups

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

That's a possibility; maybe it's an attempt to further undermine the mainstream media, and just show that there's no such thing as a journalism anymore, only reporting of everything you hear, without checking the credibility of that information first.

Or, AP is just fake news

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: neo96
After getting burned with AP'S 'bad hombre's bullsnip.

Taking this with a grain of salt.

The Whitehouse are saying this is 100% not true, so yeah, fake memo, fake news.

It is also well within the realm of possibility that someone with their own agenda, that is within the circle of knowledge, just burnt an operation that they disagreed with. We will know if we see someone getting either disappeared or jailed for unspecified or very white washed reasons.

Just my paranoia kicking in I'm sure, however with the current political anti-establishment crap going on it was my first thought vs fake news.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

This just hit my phone.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

AP is lying again.

Aw, gee whiz...AP joins the 'Fake News' club.

Another sorry day for journalism.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

The Trump camp is swearing that this isn't true.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Just so you know the National Guard is deployed the even of natural disasters as well.
Do you think they should not be used during mass evacuations such as many past hurricanes warrant?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
He cannot mobilize the National Guard, unless a law has been changed they fall squarely under the control of the state... he cannot even mobilize active duty, or reserve units to operate on american soil for anything other than self defense of the nation, or training missions.

Heck there was an uproar when some active duty units assisted in search and rescue after Katrina, some serious hoops had to be jumped through to make that happen.

ETA: Correction, the president can mobilize once a state of emergency is declared, so he still cant just decide I will use the Guard to round em all up.
edit on 17-2-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

How many memos get drafted up and never make it to the president's desk on daily basis?

Guesstimate it.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hey should first mobilize 100,000 NG troops to Chicago.
I think the amount of issues that Are in that city, out weigh all the " trouble " the immigrants are causing right now.

Think globally, act locally.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I love how the MSM is being exposed for what it is. I almost feel like what they're doing should be illegal. Aside from the spin and outright lies that we've seen, even accidentally reporting major news that happens to be untrue can have huge effects on the country. The MSM shouldn't just take everything they see and run with it, as many have with this story.
I hope some day the media can be held accountable for pushing lies on the public - lies that have caused riots and destruction in the past.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
After I posted, I had to run out and do a few things.
So I got sucked in by fake news eh? Lol
Damn these guys!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Technomancer01

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

The Whitehouse are saying this is 100% not true, so yeah, fake memo, fake news.

It is also well within the realm of possibility that someone with their own agenda, that is within the circle of knowledge, just burnt an operation that they disagreed with. We will know if we see someone getting either disappeared or jailed for unspecified or very white washed reasons.

Just my paranoia kicking in I'm sure, however with the current political anti-establishment crap going on it was my first thought vs fake news.

If Clinton was POTUS, then yes, I would expect someone to disappear or turn up suicided. I guess it's a case of watch this space.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

My guess is they planted the story to weed out their mole. None of the states in question claim to have any knowledge either. So, one person got the memo?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Spicer didn't deny that they discussed it, he just denied that they are going to do it. So the calls for AP being "fake news" are premature.

If anything it shows the crazy ideas that are seriously discussed with Trump being in the whitehouse.

I'd be interested in seeing what other bat#### crazy ideas they actually give time to consider.

link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

The reason I say this is because for the sake of national interest we couldn't prosecute them for leaking a proposed operation without endangering future missions in the same tract.

They will have to be either 'extreme rendition' or prosecuted under a different cause. It is 'morally wrong' but sometimes a dark deed must take place in the light so it has to be as I said 'white washed' in some way to avoid confirming the truth behind the initial leak.

edit on 17-2-2017 by Technomancer01 because: 2 year old in my lap that made me post a partial thought LOL

link   
a reply to: the owlbear

What if the immigrants don't want to go with the soldiers? Are they to shoot them? Are they going to hit the tech sector and get those who overstayed their visas or is this just about Mexicans who make taco bowls?

What if any other lawbreaker (even if they are US citizens) don't want to follow lawful orders from police authorities?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Here on Abovetopsecret we discuss a lot of 'crazy' things.

That make us guilty of said insert whatever topic?
edit on 17-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

How many memos get drafted up and never make it to the president's desk on daily basis?

Guesstimate it.

No idea. That's why I'm not getting all excited about this.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Additionally, as our UFO 'truthers' know the government has volumes and volumes and libraries worth of 'what if' documents to just cut and paste if said 'incident' meets the criteria. I am sure that mass deportation / internment is one, and no matter what your political leanings are you can't disagree that it is only smart to have a plan in place if it is necessary. Or (here comes my strawman argument) do you not have a plan in place at work in case of fire, because fire offends you LOL.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

My guess is they planted the story to weed out their mole. None of the states in question claim to have any knowledge either. So, one person got the memo?

That could be the case, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was. Feeding people fake information to out them as whistleblowers is an old tactic.

As for me, I'm going to wait until there is more definitive stuff to complain about. There are plenty of ongoing Trump controversies for me to address and talk about while ignoring this one for the time being.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join