It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump flees Washington seeking a reset-Trump heading to S Carolina, friendlier turf and affirmation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I'm glad that you were not addressing the press. I would consider your responses to be rude, but thick skin comes standard for me.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Calling the president a liar is not rude?

Not if he is lying.

Why should the press be given any type of special treatment when talking to the head of state.

They shouldn't. I think both sides should present themselves with mutual respect.

CEO's who 'empower' move on to another company to empower. That is also a good code word for firing. Either join the culture or move on. That is what happens at the companies you describe.

Agreed. If the culture is toxic, you risk your having your best and brightest taking their skills elsewhere.

F the press. Again, they do not need to ask a question to write a story. He is not shutting down the media and press he is calling them out.

And the press is calling him out. I think the golden rule applies here. Treat others how you want to be treated. Trump wants to go after the press, the press will go after him.

A lot of it is fake. Read just about any story and it is a HUGE headline and then buried in the last 2 sentences is the truth. Most dolts read headlines and a few sentences and that is it. Attention spans are not wha...hey.....squirrel!

It's not fake. That's an excuse for unflattering press coverage. Trump said it best yesterday: "The leaks are real, the news is fake".

see what I mean...

No. You said the same thing the rest of the cult is saying.

"fake news. It's the media's fault"

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

When people resort to cussing, it means they are beginning to take things personal.

For some that may be true. I approach it similar to George Carlin. While I could say what I want to say without using profanity, profanity has it's place when you are trying to emphasize a specific point.

There is an art to it.

Also refute what? Your opinion of someone? You can think whatever you want.

You did not refute the assertion that he is an a-hole. (There. I censored myself so feeling are not hurt)

I was just expecting you do have a wider variety of terms to use, instead of your middle school descriptions.

I do have a pretty wide array of words at my disposal. Funny thing is, you have proven my point. My use of that word drove the assertion home to such an extent that you felt compelled to address it.

That's the beauty of language. Use it just right and you get the desired outcome.
edit on 17-2-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I'm glad that you were not addressing the press. I would consider your responses to be rude, but thick skin comes standard for me.

I've talked to the press many times. I treat them with respect and they reciprocate.

There's a time and place to be aggressive and forceful with words.

Trump has proven he has not learned that yet.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

If you escalate the language much more, there are others who will take notice on your "art".

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

If you escalate the language much more, there are others who will take notice on your "art".

The word I used is perfectly acceptable and I know what is allowed.

Funny how you guys are focusing on one simple word I used.

That tells me quite a bit.

Even though the weather is warming, snowflakes are still falling.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Lots of points lots of fun.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

"For some that may be true. I approach it similar to George Carlin. While I could say what I want to say without using profanity, profanity has it's place when you are trying to emphasize a specific point. "

and the rest of that post...

So when trump speaks the way he does, it's different?

**Cough** **hypocrite**

edit on 17-2-2017 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

So when trump speaks the way he does, it's different?

**Cough** **hypocrite**

Yes. He is not using profanity as a tool of emphasis. Not a very good comparison.

There is a time and place for use of those words as well. I would not be using them at a press conference.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Your logic is flawed.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: scojak

You know what happens to bullies?

Eventually, they get what they deserve.

Oh? And what's that, to be the leader of the free world?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Your logic is flawed.

If you're saying that, I must be doing something right.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvertAnd the press is calling him out. I think the golden rule applies here. Treat others how you want to be treated. Trump wants to go after the press, the press will go after him.

So you're saying this all started because Trump was the original instigator and called out the press? Oh no, no, no sir. Perhaps you forgot all the Trump bashing that occurred during the election. As it stands, the media is who is now getting treated the way they were treating him.

It's not fake. That's an excuse for unflattering press coverage.

So the news is all real, accurate, unbiased and a sincere reflection on current events? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

That's a good one...
edit on 2/17/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Your logic is flawed.

If you're saying that, I must be doing something right.

Spoken like a true leftist. "I may not be right, but people are paying attention to my BS and that's what really matters."

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

So you're saying this all started because Trump was the original instigator and called out the press?

I am not saying Trump started anything. What I am saying is that if Trump wants to get respect from the press, he must give it in return.

Perhaps you forgot all the Trump bashing that occurred during the election. As it stands, the media is who is now getting treated the way they were treating him.

So Trump is no better than those he claims are fake and dishonest.

I agree with that.

So the news is all real, accurate, unbiased and a sincere reflection on current events? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's a good one...

I did not say all. In general, the press does a decent job and this fake news nonsense has become the obligatory cry from those that do not the media reporting negatively on Trump, even if Trump brought it on himself.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Spoken like a true leftist. "I may not be right, but people are paying attention to my BS and that's what really matters."

Spoken like a true leftist? Well, that's a lazy debate tactic.

I doubt you'd know what a true leftist is, but people sure do like to throw that very line around quite a bit.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

So are you for a cozy relationship between the press and the POTUS?

It is called checks and balances-civics 101.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So are you for a cozy relationship between the press and the POTUS?

Depends on your definition of 'cozy'.

I think the president and the press should have a respectful relationship.

It is called checks and balances-civics 101.

Checks and balances is a constitutional principle that applies to the three branches of government. It has nothing to do with the press.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Freedom of the press has been considered a forth leg of our governing bod.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join