It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump flees Washington seeking a reset-Trump heading to S Carolina, friendlier turf and affirmation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
He did not bully anyone. He spoke like a CEO. A person is charge. He does not work for the media. He works for the people. The media, like he said, will write bad things. He rolls with it. When they lie he calls them out. What is wrong with this. Is it illegal to not call on CNN? No. They can report on the questions that were answered. No suppression of speech.

As far as laughing. No. Those in the audience and around the room were not laughing at him. They were laughing the reporters reactions to the answers he gave because they were simply bold and not scripted. His interaction with CNN was a live SNL skit and should be. Whether you like him or not he is the President of the United States. He is no longer a candidate or a reality star. Whatever the personal thoughts or beliefs the reporters have is fine but they should treat him with respect he deserves as they have done in the past.

We can all sit here an armchair qb but I don't see any of us behind that desk or podium.

I am glad he is keeping his promise and saying he will be among the people who voted for him.
edit on 02am28amf0000002017-02-17T11:24:48-06:001148 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Maybe since press has declared war on the Presidency their going to have to move the U.S. capital to S. Carolina to get any work done.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

What you don't understand apparently is that you don't know me at all. I just disagree with you is all you know about me.
So that makes me angry...according to you. And ignorant too.

You'd do yourself a favor and not make statements like that.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Red herring.
Talk about crazy ranting pity party trump.
edit on 2172017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

He may have eight months.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Best post so far.

Those 2 short sentences were the whole unscripted and only real press conference we have had in generations.

He did not bully anyone. He spoke like a CEO.

edit on 17-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Red Herring how.

$20t debt is hardly a pity party for Trump, it is for the screwed US citizen.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

What you don't understand apparently is that you don't know me at all. I just disagree with you is all you know about me.
So that makes me angry...according to you. And ignorant too.

You'd do yourself a favor and not make statements like that.

I don't judge you according to who you are in life.

Maybe you donate to the homeless.
Maybe you knit for old ladies.

You are probably a great person in life.
But your right I don't know you.

So what you leave me with, are your words, arguments, and statements made here.

So by that I'm judging.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Maybe, guessing is fun.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I could care less about his trip to South Carolina. It at least looks like it's presidential in nature.

My problem is that he is once again going to spend the weekend at Mar-A-Lago. Each trip there costs the taxpayer upwards of $3 million. So with this trip the total now comes in at $9 million that the taxpayer has spent for Trump's weekend trips to Florida.

In comparison, Obama averaged a little over $10 million/year for his vacations.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

If true, I would like for him not to piss away tax$. I don't know what we can do about that.

edit-source for cost please.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I could care less about his trip to South Carolina. It at least looks like it's presidential in nature.

My problem is that he is once again going to spend the weekend at Mar-A-Lago. Each trip there costs the taxpayer upwards of $3 million. So with this trip the total now comes in at $9 million that the taxpayer has spent for Trump's weekend trips to Florida.

In comparison, Obama averaged a little over $10 million/year for his vacations.

The Obamas Have Spent Over $44,351,777.12 In Taxpayer Cash On Trave

(Dailycaller)-The Obamas have spent over 44 million dollars in taxpayer money on travel and vacations. Some are even calling him the “most well-trvaeled, expensive” president in our nation’s history.

dailycaller.com...

Sooooooooo..................

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Leaders, like a CEO, do not talk to their people like that. One of the most basic things you would learn at corporate leadership conferences is that how you talk to those you are charged to lead. You empower them with words, pushing them to work towards bigger goals.

You do not raise your voice at them and tell them to sit down. You do not cut them off when they are asking your questions or airing grievances.

That is not what Trump did. Even though the press were being respectable, he shouted them down and disrespected them. That is not leadership. It's ego-driven reaction.

And yes, they were laughing at Trump.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Obama's final total over the course of 8 years was about $96 million. That averages out to $12 million/year. Trump has spent $9 million over the course of four weeks. So one more trip to Mar-A-Lago and he'll match Obama's average within his first month.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Obama's final total over the course of 8 years was about $96 million. That averages out to $12 million/year. Trump has spent $9 million over the course of four weeks. So one more trip to Mar-A-Lago and he'll match Obama's average within his first month.

when that happens. i'll tip my hat to you for being correct.

And you bring up travel costs, which I agree, is messed up, no matter who does it.

I'd like to save those tax dollars and travel to.

But it is what it is.

But since figures are a thing, has Trump, alone, doubled the national debt by himself?
Obama did.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Let me ask a serious question.... In this day and age of live internet streaming why can't the president just have any meeting that's held by him except for those that would be classified live streamed on the internet... then we don't even need the Press.

I really don't understand the need for the press these days all it does is give people a chance to enter their opinions and attempt to twist things to their own liking . When we can watch it for ourselves and make our own opinion.

The only purpose for the press as I see it.. is for people outside of the government such as mass media owners to be able to try to manipulate the public opinion.

How could you get better public oversight than having livestream meetings ? Then you can see who's really causing the problems.....whoever it is.

edit on 17-2-2017 by HarryJoy because: add

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Wrong,
CEO"S talk nice when it is nice time.
They talk not nice when times to be nice has passed.

Trump is a hands on CEO, not a fluffy bunny CEO that offers gyms and walking trails to get you to do your job.

Instead he offers very defined rules of ethics. Violate them and you will know it, and not through the grape vine like a fluffy CEO. You will get the straight sh from Trump in your face and for realsees.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Did you watch the press conference? He stood up there and used his position to bully people, make false statements and assert his authority, while the people in the room laughed at him.

Good, I think it's about time the Commander in Chief asserted his authority. Obama bent and folded more than an oragamist.

And who did he bully? Grown people who provoke him? I say bully away. If you are involved in politics and can't take a verbal beating, then gtfo because you don't belong there.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Interesting how we all can see the same thing and come away with differing views. I saw the press as asking the same exact questions over and over and over - ad nauseam. And Trump answered those questions over and over, until he had lost patience. Frankly I can't blame him for that. When you've given your answer once (heck, even twice), move on to other topics! The "press" was just wasting everyone's time trying to trip him up, being hostile, and just general pains in the tushi. There were other things to talk about!

ok, enough thread-drift...sorry Seasonal!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join