It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump flees Washington seeking a reset-Trump heading to S Carolina, friendlier turf and affirmation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Sorry, but the press conference I saw does not look like Trump needs affirmation. He was for sure in control and let the media know he is watching. Refreshing.

While many will poke fun at a mobile home sales business or a barbecue restaurant, this is what makes America, people having the freedom to do business.
These are real people, and this is what they are thinking, doing and experiencing. And they don't think Trump is looking for admiration either.

Since Donald Trump became president last month, Robert Rabon says his company selling mobile homes in Conway, South Carolina, is booming — and he credits Trump.
He expects to pay less for insurance when the Affordable Care Act is repealed and says his friends are hurting because of high fees and deductibles; the owner of a local barbecue restaurant is paying $3,200 per month because he has diabetes, Rabon said.
"If Hillary Clinton had won, I was going to shut down my business. I really was," Rabon said. "We just had to have a change after the last eight years. We have a president who's pro-America, not anti-America. I just thought Barack Obama hated America.
www.politico.com...

This is a list of opinion that the "journalist" has stuck into the story. Generally I comment on each, but the number in this story kinda make it self explanatory.

• It will be a welcome respite for Trump, who has largely been holed up in the White House, careening from one controversy to the next during his first month in office. In a stunning sign of his frustration, Trump unloaded on the “dishonest media” during an hour-plus-long news conference on Thursday for not giving him the credit his administration deserves.
  • Interviews with lawmakers, activists and political observers in the state indicate they aren't nearly as concerned about his erratic phone calls with foreign leaders, his Twitter attacks on senators, celebrities and others, his shifting and sometimes uninformed opinions on issues, his campaign's questionable ties to Russia, and his administration's struggles to fill the government and effectively implement his policy ideas.
  • During the campaign, religious conservatives, which dominate the state, were skeptical about Trump, a thrice-married, philandering billionaire. Now, they believe he will stand up against abortion and for the rights of churches.
  • South Carolina Republicans have also learned to love the unilateral power of the presidency. Republicans, Sawyer said, hated President Obama's executive orders and called them "overreach" but now embrace Trump's orders.
  • While South Carolina Republicans derided Obama for playing golf, Trump's trips to the course don't seem to bother them. "He is working his butt off," Rabon, a lifelong Republican who had never attended an inauguration before Trump's, said. "He will figure it out but he is getting battered at every turn."

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I hope you are being sarcastic! The man was delusional, lying, and completely unhinged. There is nothing refreshing about a mentally ill man yelling from the podium while patting himself on his own back the whole time! Our country is in big trouble!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
As this says, President Trump showing the News Media, U.S. Citizens, and the World... WHO'S IN CHARGE!
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I liked this latest explanation as to what is happening .Its not hard to spot Waldo when you know what Waldo looks like .

link   
Geez. I took Journalism classes in college 30 years ago, and I have a computer- I think I'll start writing "News"! Then post it on the internet!! Anyone can do it!! And be believed!

Trump is coming here to talk with BOEING. He's just popping in to "speak at a private event debuting the 787-10 Dreamliner passanger plane." That's it.

Trump's SC Visit

Evidently there are some protests planned, but my thinking is that they will be more annoying to the residents here than to Trump. Boeing is literally right at the airport, so he'll only be outside long enough to get off Air Force 1, get into a limo, and drive 500 yards and get back out. Then reverse it an hour later.

ETA: I didn't realize he was going to speak to the public. Of course, I should have known better. It IS Trump, after all! Any excuse to talk....

edit on 2/17/2017 by Lolliek because: Correction

link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

Your response reads like a Trump tweet.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
As this says, President Trump showing the News Media, U.S. Citizens, and the World... WHO'S IN CHARGE!
www.foxnews.com...

Did you watch the press conference? He stood up there and used his position to bully people, make false statements and assert his authority, while the people in the room laughed at him.

It was a joke. He made an absolute fool of himself.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

No I was not being sarcastic. The media has been needing it's wings trimmed for a while.

Freedom of the press has been bought up and controlled. The wealthy and huge corps now own old media. This is new media and they hate it.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Back on the campaign trail again.

Doesn't he already remind us several times a day that he won?

He needs to have another rally?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
And I'd also ask why after only four weeks he needs a respite.
Didn't he campaign on his amazing stamina?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

I hope you are being sarcastic! The man was delusional, lying, and completely unhinged. There is nothing refreshing about a mentally ill man yelling from the podium while patting himself on his own back the whole time! Our country is in big trouble!

Our country is in big trouble?

As in now?

Not before he got elected.

So there were no homeless people/vets on the streets?

There was no pointless military action taken around the world that destabilized countries?

There wasn't high unemployment?

There wasn't a lot of issues at the V.A?

We were already screwed before trump got elected.
edit on 17-2-2017 by Black_Fox because: SpElLiNg

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Yes. Very very big trouble.

Why was he talking about nuclear holocaust in regards to his daily briefings?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yes. Very very big trouble.

Why was he talking about nuclear holocaust in regards to his daily briefings?

He was referring to any military action taken against Russia.
And what a war with Russia could lead to.

Yes, nuclear holocaust would be a potential outcome.

He was warning against the idea of brainless military action.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

And I'll remind you that he was holed up only Mon thru Friday . He's taken every weekend off for a break at his resort. Three weekends in a row and he's going to Florida tomorrow again.

How do we exist in the same universe but see this entirely differently?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The rest of the world are terrified .

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I don't think anyone live in the same universe, as you Sillyolme.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

It is his style, he is doing what most American's want and will let them know that he is serving them.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust

The rest of the world are terrified .

MASSIVE CHANGE will do that to ya. Be brave SillyOlMe and trust God to guide President Trump, as he has asked.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I don't think this is a respite (the press uses these stupid words), it's the new normal.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lolliek
Geez. I took Journalism classes in college 30 years ago, and I have a computer- I think I'll start writing "News"! Then post it on the internet!! Anyone can do it!! And be believed!

Trump is coming here to talk with BOEING. He's just popping in to "speak at a private event debuting the 787-10 Dreamliner passanger plane." That's it. No fanfare, no stopping or speaking with the public, and no road closures.

Trump's SC Visit

Evidently there are some protests planned, but my thinking is that they will be more annoying to the residents here than to Trump. Boeing is literally right at the airport, so he'll only be outside long enough to get off Air Force 1, get into a limo, and drive 500 yards and get back out. Then reverse it an hour later.

At least a few of us read and understood your post. Thanks for being one of the few, the proud, the sane.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join