It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it hidden?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I Like this meme

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Most mystical groups became "secret" to escape persecution. That's the short answer anyway.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: Sahabi

Why did you mentor a person you knew would fail?

Hiya Brother tikbalang.

I did not know they would fail, I had every hope and intention that they would cast off their immorality with what I had shared with them. Their failure was also directly my own failure as well. At the time, I did not take heed or discretion to who I imparted information to. This has since changed for me.

For example, nuclear engineering is a branch of knowledge that can be used for great good or great suffering. We do not impart all of mankind with nuclear knowledge and capability; it is measured and safeguarded.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

The Mystery Traditions are indeed listed in books, however, the specifics of their rituals, the interpretations of their symbols, the inner workings of their methodology, and their precise objectives are mostly out of our reach.

There is a false view that all societies categorized as; "Mystery Traditions/Schools", work toward the same goal. This is not so, as we see some traditions hold alcohol making as a mystery,... some hold mathematics and physics as a mystery,... some hold psychology as a mystery,... some hold the cycles of the Sun, Moon, and constellations as a mystery,... while some hold divine communion, mysticism, and alternate states of consciousness as mysteries.

When it comes to the Greco-Roman and Hellenistic Mysteries, there is so much that is archeologically unaccounted for. A reading of any academic treatise of the Dionysian, Eleusinian, Orphic, Bacchic, Mithraic, and Chaldean Mysteries will confirm that there are many unknown aspects of these traditions.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It's about one thing only. POWER. The one with the hidden knowledge has the power over the uninitiated.
The hidden could be absolutely nothing but just the thought to the uninitiated that there IS something hidden is that they are less than the initiated.
A perfect example of this premise is how religious adherents, monks and priests, kept the populace illiterate for millennia.
In other words "keep em ignorant, control them".

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

It is glory to God and the hope of glory to us.

All praise due to God, in whom is the light of all life; ye for he is life.

What is just?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

The power of hidden knowledge was the motive and operandi of the Old World Order of the monarchies and authoritarian religious institutions. With the advent of public education and accessible higher education such as college, university, trades, etc., this type of power has little qualification in our modern era, because we are privy to all sorts of knowledge and information which unveils many of the Ancient Mysteries. Today, we are only as ignorant as we choose.

Regarding Freemasonry specifically, the Fraternity gave so many fundamental milestones to science, education, and freedom. Freemasonry isn't a system of power through ignorance. Many prominent figures of the Enlightenment, Scientific Revolution, and Age of Revolution were Freemasons, and they labored to uplift all of mankind, not to keep general and natural science/knowledge concealed.

Freemasonry has absolutely no outwardly projected agenda to control or suppress others. Instead, it seeks to uplift mankind one person at a time. The individual effects the family, their social network, their school, the work environment, and the neighborhood. These go on to effect the town, city, state, and nation. Nations go on to effect the rest of the collective world. Each of us are intimately connected through physical cause-and-effect, as well as the actions and interactions stemming from six, seven, eight, nine, or even twenty degrees of separation. As each of us become more brotherly, loving, and compassionate toward one another, it actually helps to improve the world a bit more.

The Bible often speaks of mysteries and secrets of Heaven and God that were only given to those of select character. There is nothing inherently evil in confidence between people. We do not tell the world our bank account information,... we do not display the passwords to our home security systems or email accounts,... nor do we tell the intimacies shared between ourselves and our spouses. There are many instances in our normal everyday lives that we practice confidence, discretion, and secrecy without ever being wicked, evil, or controlling.

edit on 2/17/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi
Ah, Freemasonry. Is that the hidden knowledge that is alluded to. Yes it's true Masons do uplift one person at a time, that does affect family, community etc. As long as that person is a Mason. And that being done is where they do control and suppress others.
Answer me just one question "if the Freemasons wish to uplift and enlighten mankind, why do they have to be a separate organisation, why not become a councilor, an MP or teacher openly, these are the ways to help not with a secret club that hides in the shadows and works in the shadows"?
And before you say "they are open and have nothing to hide" how come they keep their membership secret? The amount of secret dealings between Masons to get out of things is well known (I know and you know that) but you'll want proof or you'll say you wont believe it and you know I nor no-one else can give you that proof because they are in powerful positions that can cover tracks. meh, you believe what you want to believe.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I agree with Sahabi, who articulated it pretty well in his first reply…

It’s hidden because of mans divine connection to God, which he/she must search for and learn for himself/herself.

If a person is just told a truth, they may either accept it or reject it, and both of these are just as bad as each other, and results in “the blind leading the blind”; Where as thinking for oneself and going on the journey towards understanding and ultimately knowing that truth for oneself is much better…

When the journey is walked, lived, contemplated and meditated on, it becomes more personal and memorable to that individual…this is why the mysteries are written in coded parables, to inspire and invoke a seeking mentality within the individual…

A good parallel is where Jesus taught the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven in parables to the disciples, as mentioned in Matthew 13: 11-13, and where he goes on to state that those outside “though seeing, they do not see, and though hearing, they do not understand”…Which basically meant that they weren’t contemplating the parables, or trying to understand them; which is to seek the truth…

- JC

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Hello crayzeed!

The OP of this thread requested that I no longer participate in her/his threads and refrain from replying to any of her/his posts.

I answered your questions in my thread in This Post, so please join me there for a discussion.

I, as a Freemason, do not seek to hide or censor discussion. I hope to hear from you in my thread.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Better for marketing purposes. Less people would even care or be interested if they didn't get the idea that knowing these secrets somehow makes them more special than everyone who doesn't. So it's to market or sell Pagan (human) philosophy, make it a little more appealing and entertaining to the audience. Like they're being told advanced knowledge, enlightenment.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Appeal / allure would only be effective at drawing you in - to keep you there, they need glory / honor.

And there's the answer: we hide things when we think that revealing them will not give us glory / honor.

If I think that you will not give me glory / honor, but turn and rend me, instead, I will hide my truth from you.

Proverbs 25:
2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join