It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it hidden?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I need to address something that makes me uncomfortable, through the ages, its always been stories about the mystic and mysteries, the lesser mysteries and the greater mysteries.

I believe its a fantastic journey, but there is one question i have that i dont understand, that i wish to ask;" Why the hiding? "

this is a quote from a source:

The Eleusinian Mysteries were the most famous of the secret religious rites of ancient Greece. They consisted of the Lesser Mysteries and the Greater Mysteries. These were ceremonies for the cult of Demeter and Persephone based at Eleusis in ancient Greece. Of all the mysteries celebrated in ancient times these were held to be the ones of greatest importance.

The Lesser Mysteries were held annually and it is known that these contained rites of cleansing. The Greater Mysteries were held every fourth year. They included a week of special rites, culminating in the Great Mystery rites that took place inside the Temple of Demeter. These myths and mysteries later spread to Rome. The rites and cultic worships and beliefs were kept secret, and initiation rites united the worshipper with god including promises of divine power and rewards in life after death.
Crystal links

edit on 2017217 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

What do you mean "hidden"? What exactly is hidden from the public? The rituals and celebrations? Anyone genuinely asking to join such groups is usually, after proper initiation and cooptation, accepted. They just usually try to remain unostentatious since man usually fear what he doesn't know and understand. It's just a matter of not being yelled at "burn the witch" by the more closed minded folks. People do that all the time, everywhere; keeping your "less understood" practices private.

If the mystic on the other hand wants to take his jourey alone, then he will find all the necessary learning material in the absolutely huge amount of literature, both exo- and esoteric.

Really I fail to see what was or is hidden about mysticism.

More like hidden in plain sight, with the mundane person completely overlooking what is right under their nose.
edit on 17-2-2017 by ReyDebby because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Just throwing out that it may have to do with creating Holy spaces .Rituals would be a part of the tasks .Think ,the high priest ... just a few thoughts ...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I think you might have seen me address this in one of my threads that you were participating in:

• Another reason for secrecy is that; in philosophic and metaphysical endeavors, if someone point-blank tells you something that you did not have a chance to work on or think of for yourself,... 1. It loses it's importance, and 2. You may reject it. If a very important concept is told to you directly, it forever takes away the magical moment of epiphany and self-realization.

Self-discovery and self-realizations are more profound and more beneficial when the individual walks through the door themselves, rather than having the experience of walking through that door explained to them.

For example, you can not be told who you are, you must determine that on your own. As soon as someone else tells us who we are, we push it away as an unwanted judgmental opinion.

• Another point is akin to Jesus' teaching in Matthew 7:6; "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."

This means, certain teachings must be carefully imparted only to those who are worthy,... because a wicked person will use the teachings for wicked intentions,... and a person incapable of understanding will lead themselves astray with their own error.

As knowledge is power,... it is wise to make sure that knowledge is passed on to those who will not abuse the outer world nor disservice themselves.

True story:
I once had an acquaintance that was "immoral". Always lying, stealing, habitual criminal record, as well as using and manipulating other people. He was definitely NOT the kind of person that would be admitted into any society that treasures morals or ethics. I attempted to mentor him in metaphysics and philosophy, hoping he would change his ways to reach for goodness. What ended up happening was as he learned the minuscule basics, he began to become increasingly arrogant, egotistical, and haughty about his newly acquired knowledge. Needless to say, he sought to use this knowledge as a force to increase his superiority and wickedness. He eventually turned on me, thinking he had become "better" than me.

I thought his reaction to my mentoring was a fluke. But sure enough, I had the same happen after mentoring a second Brother who was similar in immorality. Lesson: wicked people will use metaphysics and philosophy for wickedness, unless they first cleanse their heart and character. That is a personal and inner journey that none can traverse but the individual.

edit on 2/17/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/17/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Posts with the title "why is it hidden?"

Talks about something that happened long ago that you can read in every text book.

Gotta love it. I don't think there's a witch hunt going on about the "eleusinian mysteries" dude. And in the past it was a case of just what it always is.

Let's try some of the other things now shall we??
edit on 17-2-2017 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

We can only glean snippets and fragments of the ancient Mysteries. There is much that remained hidden, concealed, and possibly lost to history.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Lost in translation;" Holy Spaces? "

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Ceremony and ritual, steeped in tradition... bah.

Theres no mystery about that, look at any organized religion today, you find the same thing. Lacking any real spiritual foundation and development, they have to supplant it with 'mystery' to keep you guessing, to attract young minds. The older the religion the more costume, symbolism, ritual and ceremony play a part. They have to embellish, because the same old stuff gets boring after awhile. Keeping up tired traditions.

Bible Hub

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Yes, but that is also in every text book. He's making like there's a witch hunt. I don't see one. I know people on here like to proport
to find "hidden knowledge" but it comes on this message board, combined with "bored ats baggage" The groups that exist today are recreations and it's of every pagan group you can imagine, and I have yet to see some detailed witch hunt, please don't try to start one. There's literally NOTHING going on dude. The pagan groups that you can see today are all pretty obvious..go there.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

sources....and brief descriptions, they are your friend I promise

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Well said, pearls before swine. That is the answer.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It's hidden so that most people won't find it. It's better for those in power to have clubs, clans, cults, etc. fighting amongst themselves than to have a unified group fighting against those in power.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Earlier with you it was the druids. You're like this wandering person who just likes mysteries.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Why did you mentor a person you knew would fail?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
It's hidden so that most people won't find it. It's better for those in power to have clubs, clans, cults, etc. fighting amongst themselves than to have a unified group fighting against those in power.

Oh geez, nope. It's not divide and conquer. It's a part of ancient history (not aliens.) Look it up.

(post by breakingbs removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

Earlier with you it was the druids. You're like this wandering person who just likes mysteries.

I love puzzles, thats about it.. Creative thinking and deduction, trial and error..

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

originally posted by: breakingbs

I love puzzles, thats about it.. Creative thinking and deduction, trial and error..

Okay, but you are also pretending to be a Jedi master.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

Okay, but you are also pretending to be a Jedi master.

No, but you are entitled to an opinion..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join