It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people protesting trump?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Cause they think Democracy is my way or I'll give you HELL! (or Butthurt)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

I respect that. But the people protesting seem more like anarchists without a cause.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: reldra

Maybe more people don't like Trump?

Well the media hates Trump, just like the media hated Bush and surprise, mass protests! The media adored and protected Obama and surprise, NO PROTESTS!

I can remember them protesting outside of Bush's ranch house and I remember thinking to myself how disrespectful those people were. Then they do the same thing to Pence with their rainbow flags, and Trump Tower. I don't recall any protests outside of Obama's house or anything. This is why nobody cares about the left anymore. Their loudest mouth pieces are all hateful destructive bigots. I mean seriously, who wants to be like them? If I wasn't political, I'd be a Republican just so I wasn't associated with liberals and their hateful rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Well the media hates Trump, just like the media hated Bush and surprise, mass protests! The media adored and protected Obama and surprise, NO PROTESTS!

I can remember them protesting outside of Bush's ranch house and I remember thinking to myself how disrespectful those people were. Then they do the same thing to Pence with their rainbow flags, and Trump Tower. I don't recall any protests outside of Obama's house or anything. This is why nobody cares about the left anymore. Their loudest mouth pieces are all hateful destructive bigots. I mean seriously, who wants to be like them? If I wasn't political, I'd be a Republican just so I wasn't associated with liberals and their hateful rhetoric.

Aside for a few black churches getting burned down it was pretty tame.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Actually I think half of them are on George Soro's payroll......scum

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReyDebby

a reply to: ReyDebby

Your views are all opinionated, you sound like the whiny losers that are protesting. Maybe you and people like you are the problem because like minded people like yourself all seem to be the common denominator in all this hatred towards Trump. I'm guessing you've never thought for one second that maybe you're your own enemy here.

My views are those of a foreigner who didn't "win" nor "lose" the elections since we did not take part in it.

My views can be seen in most media worldwide outside of the US.

We don't "hate" Trump. We think he's an embarassment for your country.

Sorry that hurts your feelings but it's like that. That's what everyone around me thinks. We think your country is more divided than ever. One half following Trump like a messiah, eager for revenge after 8 years of the black guy. The other half seeing Trump for what he is ; a man with a fragile ego that will divide the country further despite claiming the opposite.

I guess you are part of the sycophant squad.

That explains a lot...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

(Insert emotions+buzzwords)

Emotional because they're women?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Yes. This is exactly why men get paid more in the workplace. Women are too emotional.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

They'll only cover whatever could possibly harm Trump.

Which would be himself.

Which would be taking his words out of context and eating up the negative media coverage.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Yes. This is exactly why men get paid more in the workplace. Women are too emotional.

You're a man, right?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Which would be taking his words out of context and eating up the negative media coverage.

Are you trying to tell me that everything that comes out of his mouth is unassailable in its brilliance?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReyDebby

Trump really hasn't done anything significant since he took office.

Then why Trump says the opposite? He says he has done a lot of work. Huge work.

And here you are saying he did nothing significant? SAD! Mr Trump would not be happy about the absolute lies your are spreading about him and his work.

Opinions can't be lies. In the context of what I was saying what has he done that is significant enough to worthy protests? For example, has he outlawed abortion. That one I would get. But signing a bunch of executive orders is marginal. Again, what exactly are they protesting? Give a specific executive order worthy of rioting? I guess it's just my judgement.

People don't want to be reactive to crazy things he will probably try to do. Being proactive is better. He is wanting to confirm a very conservative SC judge. His EOs don't seem to sit well with people. Should we wait until it is almost impossible to change something fascist and authoritarian?

Protesting to something he might do is a strange protest. It's like a thought crime or something.

Prior to the ACA (Obamacare) being enacted or the law was even completed, the right protested their brains out via the Tea Party and town halls, for example.

And at the merest hint of new gun laws that might impose limits, the NRA whips people into action and protests are held.

People protest pro and con over issues brought before SCOTUS prior to the decision to make their voices heard.

Consider demonstrating and protesting as part of "we the people's" voice, a means of lobbying our government and letting them know that there is opposition to what they are trying to do, in order to give warning that these voters will be actively seeking to vote new people who will listen to them.

It is their right to do so. With so little to provide checks and balances to Trump, people are especially worried.

SPECIFIC ISSUES BEING PROTESTED

The President's comments against immigration, including legal, illegal and refugee status individuals, and the divisive nature of those comments have led to great fear in regards to what the president might do to these populations.

Targeted populations that people are showing support for are Muslims, legal or not, Dreamers, non-threatening non- violent illegal immigrants, and immigration in general.

People see The Wall as a wasteful and ineffective way to secure the border.

The President's sexist view of women and the documented bad behavior regarding sexual conduct, have greatly angered a large number of women who are sick to death of that kind of entitled, disrespectful and boorish (and possibly illegal) behavior. They protest the bullying "grabber in chief," so to speak.

People feel the election was tampered with by foreign forces (Russia and Wikileaks) to the degree that it is wholly suspect.

People disagree with Trump's climate denial and deregulation that will destroy our environment. He has stated his opinions on what he wants to do, and people are angry that he does not see the consequences of allowing more "freedom to pollute."

People see him as incompetent to do the job of President. They see his Cabinet picks as incompetent, like DeVos, for example.

ETA- protests for keeping the ACA (and fixing it rather than repealing it and ???? Because the Reps don't have a plan. This is very scary for sick people who would likely lose access to healthcare.

Protestors see Trump as self-dealing and corrupt, as
Well as incompetent. They are protesting the hypocrisy of his criticism of others during the campaign in regards to pay-to-play and corruption all the while doing much worse himself.

Protestors don't like the way he seems
To be on target to creating an authoritarian government by attacking the press and
The judiciary

ETC...

Meanwhile, the other side thinks he's doing a fine job.
edit on 17-2-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

no because they're big hearted but also weak minded.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

I respect that. But the people protesting seem more like anarchists without a cause.

There may be a few anarchists protesting. Most are just like the Tea Party but on the other side. They are civic minded and not anti-government in the least. Most of the time the right is complaining that the protestors want too much government. You can't have it both ways.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

some people cannot handle the mere fact of : president trump

Nope. It's not the man, it's his actions. To think otherwise is an underestimation of motivations and intentions.

What actions?

This is the point of my OP. I just don't understand why people are in the streets. Nobody had died because of any actions Trump has taken since getting into office.

Yesterday they protested his immigration stand. I just had about 100 comment argument on FB because of this. I asked why they were protesting and they said because without immigrants, this country would be paralyzed. I asked why this is just now becoming an issue and they said because Trump wants to discontinue DACA and DAPA so I did some research on both. Within 5 minutes I learned that Trump isn't discontinuing DACA right now because he's focusing on criminal illegals, and even if he does stop DACA, the people protected by it won't become illegal until their stuff expires whcih takes 2 years. It's not even a path to citizenship. Then in the same 5 minutes, I found out that DAPA wasn't ever signed into law. When I brought that up, they said he wants to build a wall but it wouldn't work because there are other ways to get here. One thing all the Mexicans (because they were the only ones who got worked up over it) agreed with me on was when I told them not to buy into the media hype, they all agreed that the media was nothing but trouble these days. I said all that to say that in the end, they didn't really know why they were protesting.

ETA: They also said Trump's immigration system is a broken system and they left that alone when I told them it was the same system we've had for decades. Plus nobody said a word when illegals were being deported over the last 8 years and before.
edit on 17-2-2017 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Aside for a few black churches getting burned down it was pretty tame.

And those were burnt down by blacks IIRC.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

You really want to know?
Butthurt. They didn't win, they don't get to push the Liberal agenda anymore and now it's The End of Days. Period. The PC bush** is what got them thrown out and instead of rethinking their positions, they just whine, cry and set sh** on fire, thinking that will somehow help.
For people who spout "Love Trumps Hate" and supposedly are "all inclusive", they sure know how to gin up some hate and violence against anyone who doesn't follow their group think.

blah blah...liberal agenda....blah blah liberals butthurt.....get over it, he's president, as all liberals have acknowledged. our "bar" now, is set so low for trump, that we only wish he could put words together to form a complete sentence, and that those sentences are based in fact.....that's how low our bar is set for him

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Pretty much. All those protesting women seem pretty bitter and angry. And VERY emotional.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Are you trying to tell me that everything that comes out of his mouth is unassailable in its brilliance?

No. I'm telling you that his words are always taken out of context to be replayed for the masses to eat up without doing their own research. It's like you let the media set your thoughts up automatically via Wizard.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yes. Like the Tea Party.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join