It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people protesting trump?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Hillary would have enabled government.

I like the fact that Trump hates the government as much as I do.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
People choose Trump for other reasons.

Because Americans are living in a culture where success is all that matters.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReyDebby

he country has always been divided over politics. That is nothing new.

Then why are you asking why half of the country is protesting ? You don't make any sense.

Oh I get it. You just want some confirmation that your opinion is valid and that what Trump does and says is actually good for your country. Got it.

Have fun inside your little echo chamber then. It's seems you don't really want to understand what others are thinking.

You are a delusional little girl. What are you talking about? I voted for Hillary. What I am asking is why are people protesting in the streets. In my mind, Trump has done practically nothing. Since the election, nothing has changed. Gasoline has gone up a little. Unemployment is about the same. Taxes are the same. The stock market is pretty stable. Interest rates are the same. Nobody is putting college professors in concentration camps for being too liberal.
edit on 17-2-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It's like on Yahoo today, Chris Cristie says that trump said him and Cristie are going to have the meatloaf but anyone else could order anything they wanted. So Chris kind of laughed about it. The Media seems to have blown it all up.

If you read the article you have to hit the read more twice to get that Trump said the Meatloaf was really good.

www.yahoo.com...

So, my only question is was the Meatloaf exceptional? I am sure that Trump has some of the best chefs in the country cooking and maybe the meatloaf was out of this world.

The president eats there a lot, he should know if something is good. He was eating it himself after all, maybe it was really the best thing that was offered there.

If the President was eating the meatloaf in his own personal restaurant and says it is good, I think I would do the meatloaf myself.

Edit, they rewrote the article and it now says Chris was mute as to how the meatloaf was. Someone must have complained about how it was written in their office.
edit on 17-2-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
The answer is simple people have changed. They used to see politics as an intellectual thing where it was discussed and debated and hopefully the beat solution is found.

Now it has become about feelings and fear. You fear what the other party will do . And personal feelings become the most important issue. Days of debating our long over now people look at politics as part of who they are and any attack on those beliefs is an attack on them personally.

Thus is why when we see even on here people take politics so personal that you disagree with them next thing your a racist etc.

Politics have been all about emotions and fears for almost a century now:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

As you stated you are a foreigner, and I'm willing to bet a dollar that your country receives financial aid from the US. The reason the US is able to prop us so many countries with foreign aid is because of that attitude in Americans. Success. We actually embrace it, and when we are successful we tend to be generous as well.

Take America out of the global picture and you have serious turmoil whether you like to realize it or not.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: reldra

I bet if you asked 10 random protesters what they were out there for you might get two intelligent answers. The rest would regurgitate some none sense they heard on MSNBC.

That's the truth. At these protests I always see people holding up rainbow flags and BLM signs and some have even had "hands up don't shoot" signs. The protesters are all there protesting crap that doesn't even have anything to do with the protest.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

In my mind, Trump has done practically nothing.

Maybe the problem is that it's not you doing the protest.

You should maybe look in other people's mind? Just saying.

I already saw a couple of people sharing their personal opinion in here and your brain seems to ignore them for some reason. Like you say you want to understand, but when offered an answer you look away.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Protesting to something he might do is a strange protest. It's like a thought crime or something.

Well, if a POTUS says he is gonna drop a nuke on Cuba, do you wait till Cuba was nuked before you take to the streets opposing it, or do you run out before the button is pushed to try and ask him to reconsider the action?

-devils advocate

Your analogy would be more fitting if you said "If the protesters THOUGHT Trump would drop a nuke on Cuba."
edit on 17-2-2017 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Hillary would have enabled government.

I like the fact that Trump hates the government as much as I do.

You and I are probably have completely different views of government. I see government and corporations as two opposing evils. You think government is the greater evil. I think corporations are the greater evil. And the power of government is the only force strong enough to keep corporation's evil behaviors in check.

However, you way of thinking won the election. The people elected Trump. I accept that. But my OP is about trying to understand why people are protesting in the streets. The last time I protest in the streets was in 2004. I went to DC to protest the Iraq war. I did not like my taxes being used to bomb and kill hundreds of thousands of brown people. Just like Republicans do not like their tax dollars being used for abortions. I don't like my tax dollars being used to drop bombs on brown people.

We may disagree on public policies and the value of government. But clearly Trump has won the election. And elections have consequences. I'm just surprised Republicans have not change the 60 vote closure rule in the Senate. Why give so much power to Democrats? It makes not sense and it's a violation of the one vote rule described in the 14th Amendment. The Constitution clearly says each Senator gets one vote not two on an issue. So I am surprise that abortion has not been made illegal since Republicans control all three branches of government and abortion has been such a major platform in their party.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

As you stated you are a foreigner, and I'm willing to bet a dollar that your country receives financial aid from the US. The reason the US is able to prop us so many countries with foreign aid is because of that attitude in Americans. Success. We actually embrace it, and when we are successful we tend to be generous as well.

Take America out of the global picture and you have serious turmoil whether you like to realize it or not.

lol. Ok pal.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ReyDebby

Exactly. What country are you from again?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

In my mind, Trump has done practically nothing.

Maybe the problem is that it's not you doing the protest.

You should maybe look in other people's mind? Just saying.

I already saw a couple of people sharing their personal opinion in here and your brain seems to ignore them for some reason. Like you say you want to understand, but when offered an answer you look away.

I'm not ignoring them. I just don't see what they are complaining about warrants protesting in the streets. Has anyone died because of Trumps actions?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Nothing would make me happier than to see this country return to traditional conservative foreign policies and start closing many of our 700+ foreign military bases. America first! Foreign aid and base rents second!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

There's nothing wrong with Americans wanting to live a better life. I would love to see Trump's campaign promise of MAGA and bringing back factory jobs. I would love to see Trump succeed. Hopefully, not at the expense of health security or retirement security.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Republicans and democrats are basically the same. Don't confuse the parties with core ideologies.

Leftists are the ones driving the protests and riots because (fundamentally) they are anti-American.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

some people cannot handle the mere fact of : president trump

Nope. It's not the man, it's his actions. To think otherwise is an underestimation of motivations and intentions.

What actions?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Republicans and democrats are basically the same. Don't confuse the parties with core ideologies.

Leftists are the ones driving the protests and riots because (fundamentally) they are anti-American.

I do respect your views. But to say leftists are fundamentally anti-American is simply not true. This country has a very long history of supporting unions and labor rights. You just can't ignore the Ludlow Massacre as if it did not happen.

We are ALL Americans whether we lean to the left or lean to the right.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

You can lean any way you like and still be American.

There is a growing element that is anti-Constitution.

Anti-free speech
Anti- rights.

That can not be disputed.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

some people cannot handle the mere fact of : president trump

Nope. It's not the man, it's his actions. To think otherwise is an underestimation of motivations and intentions.

What actions?

This is the point of my OP. I just don't understand why people are in the streets. Nobody had died because of any actions Trump has taken since getting into office.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join