It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people protesting trump?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Protesting to something he might do is a strange protest. It's like a thought crime or something.

Actually it's pretty common to protest against things before they happen. Otherwise it's kind of too late and the harm is done.

Like, would you wait for the execution of intellectuals to actually start saying "uh I think it was wrong to kill them" ?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

If there's specific environment pollution issues, like the Erie canal dumping or something specific, then I get the reason for the protest. But it seems to me the protests have no real focus.

Clearing up Erie costs corporations lots of money...that needs to change!
Elections have consequences. amirite.

As I said, the sjws protested everything..everything..so, that means they protested nothing, they dulled the knife, so its all ignored.
For all its lunacy, at least the Tea Party mostly stayed on point..taxes are too high. This actually stayed the hand of the administration to not raise taxes much...

I am far more frustrated with the left than the right. I think if the left would kennel their lunatics, the right would actually walk over on issues like the EPA choice...hell, both sides have kids and a desire for clean air/water...but when faced with the mobs of morons...you instinctively want to give them the finger and fly into the sun just to watch them bang on their drums and cry more.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And zippers. The sounds of a crinkling body bag while laying it out on the table.
The slow unzipping, until the aroma hits the nostrils then, zzzZZZIPT! Yah buddy!!

ETA: Some are just pissed that Trump won so They will whine about that till He's outta office!
edit on 17-2-2017 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

some people cannot handle the mere fact of : president trump

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

Nope. It's not the man, it's his actions. To think otherwise is an underestimation of motivations and intentions.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

That's true, I think the media are still pissed they lost and now it's an all out paparazzi style throw down. The news these days are all just mini talk shows. There's no actual factual news anymore. I used to be a CNN guy but within the last year it's gotten to the point that there's so much opinion on the front page it might as well be the national enquirer.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Trump really hasn't done anything significant since he took office. I don't understand why people are protesting. It's not like Trump is forcing women not to have abortions and force sterilization for non-citizens. He's not rounding up liberals into concentration camps. What is the fuss all about?

You haven't been paying attention to what he has done then. The reasons for the protests are usually stated in the articles covering them.

You mean the hit piece ragtag source of news you love CNN? The "news agency" that has been shown via leaked emails to be in collusion with the DNC? The same place that constantly runs sensational news for viewer attraction rather than actual reporting?

Those articles?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Could be why:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Why oh why are people protesting Trump..?

Because half the protestors are whiny snoflakes who can't think on their own that's why.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

Nope. It's not the man, it's his actions. To think otherwise is an underestimation of motivations and intentions.

Someone please give one of his actions worthy of protesting in the street. That is what I am trying to understand. It seems to me he's practically done nothing so far other than sign some marginal executive orders. No allowing people to immigrate here doesn't exactly change the lives of millions of people. That is my point.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

You haven't been paying attention to what he has done then. The reasons for the protests are usually stated in the articles covering them.

So where were all these protests during the Obama admin? They were non-existent. That's curious since he continued many Bush era policies that WERE constantly protested and given mass media attention.

Maybe more people don't like Trump?

Did you just admit that these protests are a popularity contest?

They protest because they don't like someone?

Yea...this is exactly why 2018 will be complete meltdown for libs when they lose the remaining seats they have.

Don't worry, you will always have NY and CA though! Se hablo espanol?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

They just want to be angry. That's absolutely all it is. They claim they're not in favor of "zero vetting," but were completely content with that policy under Obama. they claim Trump should be impeached because someone on his team supposedly talked to Russia about sanctions leading up to the election... yet Obama actually did the same thing and was caught on a live mic discussing negotiating missile defense on TV. Does anyone even remember that? It wasn't that long ago. Bush invaded Iraq and created a power vacuum that's been filled with multiple terrorist groups. Obama did the same thing in Libya, except he didn't get congressional approval for it.
I don't like Trump, or any politician, but the same people who are up in arms about every single thing Trump does didn't seem to mind even a little when Obama was doing it.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Maybe more people don't like Trump?

Well the media hates Trump, just like the media hated Bush and surprise, mass protests! The media adored and protected Obama and surprise, NO PROTESTS!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Could be why:

Meaningless tripe. Obermans commentary about spelling errors does not warrant in the street protesting and rioting.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Did you just admit that these protests are a popularity contest?

They protest because they don't like someone?

Yea...this is exactly why 2018 will be complete meltdown for libs when they lose the remaining seats they have.

Don't worry, you will always have NY and CA though! Se hablo espanol?

Exactly.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

They just want to be angry. That's absolutely all it is. They claim they're not in favor of "zero vetting," but were completely content with that policy under Obama. they claim Trump should be impeached because someone on his team supposedly talked to Russia about sanctions leading up to the election... yet Obama actually did the same thing and was caught on a live mic discussing negotiating missile defense on TV. Does anyone even remember that? It wasn't that long ago. Bush invaded Iraq and created a power vacuum that's been filled with multiple terrorist groups. Obama did the same thing in Libya, except he didn't get congressional approval for it.
I don't like Trump, or any politician, but the same people who are up in arms about every single thing Trump does didn't seem to mind even a little when Obama was doing it.

I seem to remember people complaining about Obama's executive orders like they would end the world. I think both sides are hyperbolic to infinity.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Should we wait until it is almost impossible to change something fascist and authoritarian?

Do you actually believe the crap you spew on the internet, or is it just for show?

Please explain how Trump is authoritarian or fascist without using CNN as a source.

Actual actions, not out of context words only please.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

They aren't protesting against Trump.

They are protesting because Hillary lost.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Trump really hasn't done anything significant since he took office. I don't understand why people are protesting. It's not like Trump is forcing women not to have abortions and force sterilization for non-citizens. He's not rounding up liberals into concentration camps. What is the fuss all about?

Like this immigration boycott? They want to show Trump just how important immigrants are so they boycotted work for a day. Can you tell me the reason behind that? Because last I checked, he's going after criminal illegal aliens or illegals that break the law (other than being here illegally). He hasn't even deported more illegals at this point than Obama did in 2009 by this point, back before Obama needed their vote and their attention so the left could get them pissed off and mad at Republicans. So tell me, what's the reason for this immigration boycott?

Maybe white business owners should boycott immigrants for a day and not pay them. Or not let one illegal gain legal status. Let's see how it feels when the shoe is on the other foot.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReyDebby

Protesting to something he might do is a strange protest. It's like a thought crime or something.

Actually it's pretty common to protest against things before they happen. Otherwise it's kind of too late and the harm is done.

Like, would you wait for the execution of intellectuals to actually start saying "uh I think it was wrong to kill them" ?

Have any intellectuals been executed for whatever it is that intellectuals do? Give me one name. Otherwise, STFU.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join