It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people protesting trump?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33
14 posts in and besides "the other team lost" the only other attempt is "there are news articles about the protests and the reasons why"

I'm interested why too. I don't watch TV and my daily life has not been affected one iota from trump being in office.

Allow me to quote a post I made for another thread to help you understand why many people strongly dislike Trump:

originally posted by: ReyDebby
Yeah. So I let you figure out why the rest of the world thinks that the first month of Trump as a president was quite frightening:

- A man with a fragile ego and a skill in misdirection steps up as president of the US
- On his first days, he claims that justice and the media are a huge problem in the country (actually he meant they are a problem for him)
- He cultivates an almost messianic image, blame everything on others, and has a cult-like following that would make Steve Jobs jealous if he was still alive
- He's probably involved in a lot of past shady deals and is almost entirely driven by providing his family and himself more power and money
- He's seen as a loud-mouthed, blunt and prone to revenge man
- He is now the most powerful man in the world

If that's not a recipe for disaster, I don't know what this is.

And another explaining why the people who voted for him don't see this reality through the same glasses, and why they will actually defend the guy even if he sounds inapt, unfit and egomaniac so far:

People believe him because they can't admit they were wrong.

It's a very common psychological bias, even used to manipulate people. It's called the principle of Commitment and Consistency

If people commit, orally or in writing, to an idea or goal, they are more likely to honor that commitment because of establishing that idea or goal as being congruent with their self-image. Even if the original incentive or motivation is removed after they have already agreed, they will continue to honor the agreement.

When people voted for Trump, it's like their brain signed a contract to support him from that point.

The same thing can be seen among cult victims for example. If someone joined the Church of scientology and invested time and money in it, the day they are revealed that the backstory of the cult is about Xenu and science-fiction, they will accept it because their brain refuses to acknowledge they were wrong since the beginning.

Trump voters face the same problem. They will never admit that Trump is a disaster for America since he's president. Never

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
My mother worked for a very large state bureaucracy. The 'state powers that be decided to many people had been there for too long and were making too much money they didn't want to pay.

They requested everybody who had in 25 years, to retire, and they would give them a check for $125,000 when they left.
And surprise, everybody did.

Ten months later my mother got a letter requesting that she get back on the "rehire" list, as she had to do it within 12 months. She was then told if she would come back, along with many others, she would get another check for 125,000, if she agreed to work for five more years.

Why? Why do you think? Because everybody who knew anything had left! The place was in chaos.

Like the WH is now. Everybody who knew anything has been replaced with people who might be good people in their own disciplines, but who are like fish out of water when it comes to running the country.

LIKE TRUMP.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Trump really hasn't done anything significant since he took office.

Then why Trump says the opposite? He says he has done a lot of work. Huge work.

And here you are saying he did nothing significant? SAD! Mr Trump would not be happy about the absolute lies your are spreading about him and his work.

Opinions can't be lies. In the context of what I was saying what has he done that is significant enough to worthy protests? For example, has he outlawed abortion. That one I would get. But signing a bunch of executive orders is marginal. Again, what exactly are they protesting? Give a specific executive order worthy of rioting? I guess it's just my judgement.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

You haven't been paying attention to what he has done then. The reasons for the protests are usually stated in the articles covering them.

So where were all these protests during the Obama admin? They were non-existent. That's curious since he continued many Bush era policies that WERE constantly protested and given mass media attention.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: dfnj2015

Their team lost.........it was "impossible" but it happened.

Nobody loses anymore so they have forgotten how to lose with class.

There's a giant women's protest coming up on national women's day. What the heck are they protesting?

I heard PETA might protest outside of a company that tests makeup on animals. I wonder what that's all about?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

The reasons for the protests are usually unbeknownst to the protesters.

link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

You haven't been paying attention to what he has done then. The reasons for the protests are usually stated in the articles covering them.

So where were all these protests during the Obama admin? They were non-existent. That's curious since he continued many Bush era policies that WERE constantly protested and given mass media attention.

Maybe more people don't like Trump?

link   

originally posted by: avgguy

The reasons for the protests are usually unbeknownst to the protesters.

You're sure about that?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

And here you are saying he did nothing significant? SAD! Mr Trump would not be happy about the absolute lies your are spreading about him and his work.

Opinions can't be lies. In the context of what I was saying what has he done that is significant enough to worthy protests? For example, has he outlawed abortion. That one I would get. But signing a bunch of executive orders is marginal. Again, what exactly are they protesting? Give a specific executive order worthy of rioting? I guess it's just my judgement.

People don't want to be reactive to crazy things he will probably try to do. Being proactive is better. He is wanting to confirm a very conservative SC judge. His EOs don't seem to sit well with people. Should we wait until it is almost impossible to change something fascist and authoritarian?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

But signing a bunch of executive orders is marginal.

That's like your opinion man. The people who protest obviously have a different opinion. If you genuinely want to know what theirs is, you just need to ask them and they will gladly tell you. And if you can't, you could just adopt an open minded attitude and read such opinions, without any partisan bias, to see what are their arguments.

Personally if you ask me, a president that is attacking the press, attacking justice, refusing to come clean about his business and closing the borders to countries like Iran, claiming they are terrorists, but not giving the same treatment to, say Saudi Arabia...

well that man acts eerily similar to other dictators worldwide and I would have no problem protesting his policies because I wouldn't want my country to go into that direction.
edit on 17-2-2017 by ReyDebby because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
So far, valid (in my opinion) protests are on:

His EPA choice...sorry, but if you are a opponent of environmental protection, you are just insane. go swim in some toxic garbage lake for awhile and get some fantastic bacterial infections..let your kids drink out of tainted water supplys, then cheer government for allowing mega industry to continue on spewing toxins into your neighborhoods..nothing says capitalism like cancer I suppose.
I am not even discussing climate change here...the EPA...freaking EPA...yeah, some rules are a bit much and a more streamlined and coherent approach needs to be established, but seriously..naa, no sensible discussion to be had here on this subject. We are stewards of the land..this is the only world we got for now so gotta take better care of it.

There are other things I find either profoundly stupid / bad choices, but those are just comical..but the EPA issues could cause actual long term damage.

Financially however I am still open to his (seemingly random) model revealed...I am actually not fully opposed to his views here on trade and he seems to be becoming sensible with regards to china and the rest of asia with a desire for good trade but adjusting things so it isn't 100% take jobs...not sure what the final effects will be though.

So yeah, for me, the EPA is a big one..but there has been soo many protests on everything from the sjw idiots that it is simply dismissed as more complaints to be ignored...protesting has dulled activism..too much. Well played progressives, you didn't pick your battles, so you lost them all.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Maybe more people don't like Trump?

Yes because the media had a love affair with Obama even though he did nothing he promised

Just more wars and proxy wars drone strikes and division. Spying on allies and ironically lots of deportations of immigrants

Just shows me the public is sheep to the media

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Well Obama presidency has been regarded worldwide as very high quality. While Trump is universally regarded as a thin-skinned man throwing tantrums, more obsessed by is approval than by being presidential.

I can't blame Trump voters for being blind to this, but that explains why they weren't as much protests under Obama.

He was loved by some and criticized by others.

Trump is idolized by some and hated by others. The man is just polarizing, and it's bad for the US if you ask me. He promised to bring the country together, but his first decisions and word shows the exact opposite.

Now he must face the consequences of his leading style.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I bet if you asked 10 random protesters what they were out there for you might get two intelligent answers. The rest would regurgitate some none sense they heard on MSNBC.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

edit on 17-2-2017 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

People don't want to be reactive to crazy things he will probably try to do. Being proactive is better. He is wanting to confirm a very conservative SC judge. His EOs don't seem to sit well with people. Should we wait until it is almost impossible to change something fascist and authoritarian?

Protesting to something he might do is a strange protest. It's like a thought crime or something.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

I bet if you asked 10 random protesters what they were out there for you might get two intelligent answers. The rest would regurgitate some none sense they heard on MSNBC.

But if there are 2 intelligent answers, that means the protest has merit.

Sadly you can't tell the idiots to go home and let the adults have a conversation..both sides are brimming full with window lickers and of course the other sides just love pointing out the morAns and ignore the ones with actual meaningful counterpoints to consider...thats how footba..erm..politics is played. Expose the ridiculous and ignore the consideration.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Protesting to something he might do is a strange protest. It's like a thought crime or something.

Well, if a POTUS says he is gonna drop a nuke on Cuba, do you wait till Cuba was nuked before you take to the streets opposing it, or do you run out before the button is pushed to try and ask him to reconsider the action?

-devils advocate
edit on 17-2-2017 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
So far, valid (in my opinion) protests are on:

His EPA choice...sorry, but if you are a opponent of environmental protection, you are just insane. go swim in some toxic garbage lake

Elections have consequences. He's going to pick who he wants. If the person is reasonably competent they will get the job.

If there's specific environment pollution issues, like the Erie canal dumping or something specific, then I get the reason for the protest. But it seems to me the protests have no real focus.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why are people protesting trump?

I have no idea considering he is the greatest thing since Jesus and sliced bread.

Indeed!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join