It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The unjust attack of Pewdiepie

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Poe's law doesn't apply to her fictitious quote.. it applies to my posts. I don't know why you would make the assumption you made but you went ahead and made it anyway.

You just ruined the internet for me. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadMoonJester
a reply to: eNumbra
You just ruined the internet for me. Thanks.

Well, bye?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: AMNicks

It's not fake news, it happened. Fake news would mean it was made up.

I like PewDiePie. However, he should have known better. He lost money from Disney, he lost a show on YouTube's new paid service, some of his regular videos were stripped of ad revenue.

It won't cost him his career, he is a multi millionaire with a robust following.

He should have thought about what people he is in business with might think before he did this.

it's a business model now for those that want quick riches....say the most untruthful things you can think of AGAINST the liberals, and you will get millions in right-wing money....maybe an IPO can be done on the stock exchange for a company that specializes in fake news. lot's of right-wing billionaires and millionaires will pump up the market cap on that one.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Disney and MCN are private entities, if they want to withhold sponsorship that is their prerogative. When Black Lives Matter has a corporate sponsorship your comparison would be more apples to apples.

Frankly this is what it comes down to. He should have known ahead of time that Disney wouldn't be all about "Death to Jews" signs, and seems to be disconnected to how the real world operates. I can't say that is surprising in that media and with those topics.

Having said that, I don't care what he does, and certainly don't think he deserves anything in particular whether it be his career or this backlash. If he is as good at what he does as he seems to be I am sure he will find plenty of other ways to make a living doing the same things in a different forum.

Anyone that is surprised that the MSM has latched onto this story and played it like it has is either not paying attention, or lying to them self about the state of the world.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join