It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The unjust attack of Pewdiepie

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?????????????????

No way.. I've seen her on /pol/ wearing Nazi uniforms.. Come on, there's no way that stuff is fake. I understand your pain though, we all thought better of her but I think it's time to face the facts people.

She's no longer the innocent teen idol that we remembered..

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

No way.. I've seen her on /pol/ wearing Nazi uniforms.. Come on, there's no way that stuff is fake. I understand your pain though, we all thought better of her but I think it's time to face the facts people.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadMoonJester

Then Eminem must be the Biggest Nazi `?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CantStandIt

The point of it in his video though was that people will stoop to sad lows on fiverr, even to the point of happily embracing the grossly offensive to make a quick five bucks - the point would have been a bit lost without using something, say....grossly offensive.

That's not really comparable to bullies paying a kid to yell something dumb.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Pewdie can say what he wants. I am someone who thinks comedians should be free to make whatever jokes they want. Whenever one of these, comedian says something offensive, stories pop up. I always say to myself. People need to get over it. It was a joke. Even a bad tasteless joke is still a joke.

On the flip side. Private businesses can revoke sponsorship when they want, if they believe it damages their brand. It is pretty cut and dry. I am sure he even had a clause in his contract covering such an eventuality.

This is not the first time Pewdie has made jokes about Jews and/or pro Nazi jokes. He was warned by Youtube and Disney, but then he decided to double down and keep doing it. So now he has to deal with the outcome of his actions.

On a side note. I wonder how many people will be in here defending death to the Jews jokes, that were foaming at the mouth over the Barron Trump jokes.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AMNicks

I think he's a a tw@ and deserves the fallout over this, classic example of thinking before you act. When you are associated with Disney, you can't go about doing things like this. I don't see why he's so highly regarded to be honest, all of his humour is low humour to my mind...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

A prank in poor taste, for sure, but just a prank nonetheless, and I fully believe his reaction after they actually held up the sign to be genuine.

The only reason that I even half care about this situation is that my son is a fan of this dude, so of course I took it upon myself to research it when I heard about this "scandal."

I think that, in the end, this is another instance where the fear of the court of public opinion by companies caused an disproportionate knee-jerk reaction to this prank-gone-bad. This should be more of a lesson about the stupidity of someone willing to do something for five dollars, as well as what happens when you apparently start running out of ideas and have to push the envelope, but I think the backlash over this video is slightly on the ridiculous side.

Disappointingly, though, it's basically what I have come to expect to happen these days.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CantStandIt

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's not so much about hate or too much PC, it's about social media madness and the red hot mess that is life in 2017.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Disney has every right to abandon him because joke or not, it has and will continue to offend people, like Jews. Disney isn't in the business of offending people and anyone or anything that threatens this will get the boot. It's always been like this and it always will be.

Now I don't think Pew is a racist, just terrible at jokes. This wasn't the first time he made somekind of Jew joke and I doubt it will be the last but he needs new material.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadMoonJester

LOL

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I think this just shows that old Felix is bored of the role he has played for do many years. His content has been getting edgier (and actually decent) recently. Plus, this isn't exactly his first publicity stunt. Just a month or so ago he said he would delete his channel when he hit 20 million (?) subs. He ended up deleting his secondary channel.

Let's be fair. There's no way YouTube is going to cut him loose. He makes way too much money for them. Give it a few weeks and this will all blow over. Just like when TB put his support behind Gamergate.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Isn't everybody a closet case Nazi now?

Oh wait, I guess if you're not a Nazi you are a Russian sympathizer.

But if I like Russia, does that still mean I'm still a xenophobe?

It's just all too confusing anymore. I should probably take my frustrations out on somebody gay.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Was your reply satire? That's the big question on my mind.

Everyone knows that quote is a hoax.. really? It's THAT infamous?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Was your reply satire? That's the big question on my mind.

Attributing Hitler quotes to Taylor Swift is something of a meme that started on the Internet a few years back.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Poe's law dude..

Was this really needed?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMNicks
With all the hate groups in the world at the moment, BLM for example the media has chosen to demonize the innocent.

Last I checked, Disney and his MCN Maker Studios aren't "the media". Also he isn't innocent. He may have been joking, but its not like he didn't perform the deed or anything.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMNicks

For one he lives in the UK,

But I feel some sarcasm in your reply.

Can we agree that these jokes are protected under freedom of speech?

Who's threatening to lock him up?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Was your reply satire?

Maybe.

Yes, it has actually appeared in college texts on the subject.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Poe's law dude..

Was this really needed?

Since their origin can be traced back to a singular point in recent history, and since Taylor Swift has never actually stated them...apparently; since Poe's law wouldn't apply to them.

Unless you're referring to your own posts, in which case, I don't care.
edit on 2/17/2017 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

True Disney have the right abandon him but it could be considered rather hypocritical all the same considering there founder shared some rather anti-Semitic views.

And old Walt was not joking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join