It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The unjust attack of Pewdiepie

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

It's entertainment news and it was reported.

I dont find it entertaining when they create false accusations which potentially could destroy someones career.

edit on 17-2-2017 by AMNicks because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2017 by AMNicks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMNicks
It's entertainment news and it was reported.

I dont find it entertaining when they create false accusations which potentially could destroy someones career.

edit on 17-2-2017 by reldra because: quote not working right.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AMNicks

I think the answer needs to be addressed also

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
As jy dom is moet jy kak - If you're stupid you're gonna suffer.

This is his own stupidity that caused this, let him reap what he sowed.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

My argument is against the media who used out of context information in order to slander an individual who made a school yard joke with absolutely no intent for offence!

Whether it is out of context or not is up for debate but what we cannot debate is intent. Only one person knows that and he can claim anything he wants without us ever knowing if he is being truthful or not.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Lol Walt Disney was an actual racist.

leave the pewds alone lol.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

a reply to: eNumbra
But I feel some sarcasm in your reply.

Yes

Can we agree that these jokes are protected under freedom of speech?

1: Freedom of speech protects you from government intervention.
2: as you said yourself, he lives in the U.K.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

He has the right to say what he said, yes. His employers have the right to not like it.

As for suing? He said what he said and did what he did. WSJ didn't make any of that up, it happened. I don't think he has any kind of winnable lawsuit because to win a libel or slander case, the allegations or statements have to be demonstrably false. In this case, they're not false. Out of context, sure. Not false, though. Felix's argument rests on context, which is going to be pretty hard to take to court.
edit on 17-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: Augie tickled me

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Is this the guy Cartman was talking about?

#PEWDIEPIEBRAH!!!!

Seriously though, don't expand on this reply, I don't care to know who the eff this guy is or what he said.

I'm just here for the stars.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

sorry forgot to post the answer

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Either he's signalling(which is the new big thing with online Nazis I hear), or he's just plain stupid.

He didn't realise that people would go nuts over this? He must have been living in a cocoon, how can you be an online personality like this and still be so ignorant of the current state of affairs? Video games.. that's how.

You don't just attack Jews like this and get away with it.

I think the more obvious answer here is that we're dealing with Nazi online signalling. Taylor Swift and Pewdiepie are now both confirmed Nazis.

Coincidence? I think not.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

If it makes you feel better: I predict YouTube will eventually put him back in the 'Preferred' ad stream. They have more than 1 ad program and he has been placed in a lower tier. I predict the YouTube Red show will eventually run.

I think he has been temporarily been 'put in the corner'. Youtube changed some rules in the last year for even their biggest content producers. Lots of Youtubers had single videos removed from 'preferred' advertising. They were counseled. mr. Nightmare, Jefreestar and reignbot are a few I know that this happened to and that is just a tiny percent.

The preferred program added more rules. He broke some.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadMoonJester

Is that satire? I thought everyone knew that Taylor Swift quote is a hoax.

edit on 17-2-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
So Liberals and insane sjw's are going to pretend to be outraged and enforce their strict adherence to their version of humor. However when Jamie Foxx made a joke about killing all the white people, they laughed and applauded. I remember people upset about it and liberals saying things like white fragility and white tears.

As far as PewDiePie goes, yes it's pretty obvious he's being railroaded. I don't even watch him that much and I can tell that it's not serious.
edit on 17-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
my opinion on the matter;" Do i think he is a racist in the way that is portrayed in wall street journal, naah.. but im pretty sure most humans are somewhat racist or xenophobic "

Could it be a bad influence towards kids;" yeah, unfortunately he has a moral responsibility towards his audience, even if it was portrayed as a bad joke "

He did actually do something that could be considered breaking the law, even in his home country, it would fall under the paragraph: "Hate speech". I dont think he had a bad intent, he just did something stupid and hopefully learns from it..

It should have repercussions, and what better way to make an example of the biggest youtuber..

In three months this will be forgotten most likely, but i think he will think twice about bad jokes in the future

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Even more Nazi signalling.. It doesn't get more blatant than this. You don't think we noticed that you went and dyed your hair BLONDE Pewdiepie?

Nazi confirmed..

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

"the world is one big joke"

Quite, and if you did not laugh you would bloody cry.

Oh trust me ... I laugh too much

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadMoonJester
Either he's signalling(which is the new big thing with online Nazis I hear), or he's just plain stupid.

He didn't realise that people would go nuts over this? He must have been living in a cocoon, how can you be an online personality like this and still be so ignorant of the current state of affairs? Video games.. that's how.

You don't just attack Jews like this and get away with it.

I think the more obvious answer here is that we're dealing with Nazi online signalling. Taylor Swift and Pewdiepie are now both confirmed Nazis.

That is not a Taylor Swift quote, it is a spoof meme from a Pinterest account called @poopiecutie in 2013.
edit on 17-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
So Liberals and insane sjw's are going to pretend to be outraged and enforce their strict adherence to their version of humor.

Even in the wake of SJWs obviously NOT being outraged in the case of PewDiePie, you will still say they are. Now, that is fake news.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
He took a few big hits when the story broke but hes still increasing everyday when it comes to subscribers

socialblade.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join