It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A nifty tip for editing your threads or posts...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
A nifty thing I discovered a while ago.

Not sure if this has already been discussed but I thought I would share this with you all as it will make your threads and posts look much tidier for those who edit numerous times leaving a ton of editing messages below your signature.

In order to avoid this if you have already edited and wish to re-edit is to simply go to the bottom of your post and select with a right click next to your signature the message which looks similar to this :

edit on 17-2-2017 by Lagomorphe because: bla bla bla bla

Once you have selected just delete it and rewrite your new edit in the box provided called "Your reason for the edit (must be filled out)"

I hope this was of some help to some people?

Warmest

Lags
edit on 17-2-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap editing

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I have deleted the extra edited messages when I have edited more than once. It does indeed make things tidier.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Just highlight the previous edits then delete/back space..ats does the rest.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I have deleted the extra edited messages when I have edited more than once. It does indeed make things tidier.

Same here.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I do that sometimes, but sometimes I choose to leave it with the reason why because I may be editing to remove or change information or an opinion based on a comment that affected the original OP--it's kind of an integrity thing in those instances. But if I'm just rewording or fixing spelling or something trivial, I do delete to keep it tidy, as that appeases my OCD.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I do that sometimes, but sometimes I choose to leave it with the reason why because I may be editing to remove or change information or an opinion based on a comment that affected the original OP--it's kind of an integrity thing in those instances. But if I'm just rewording or fixing spelling or something trivial, I do delete to keep it tidy, as that appeases my OCD.

Totally agreed, I do the same thing sometimes too.

I ALWAYS make it a point to write the reason... I've noticed that many people dont.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Or a lot of us compose and save off-site in a word program... And cut and paste it when right into ATS. You never lose anything!

Thanks for tip!

MS

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Or a lot of us compose and save off-site in a word program... And cut and paste it when right into ATS. You never lose anything!

Thanks for tip!

MS

My pleasure

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The pleasure was mine! We always appreciate passing out tips here!

Best

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Just highlight the previous edits then delete/back space..ats does the rest.

Actually the browser does it.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I always do this.. I just hate those edit messages. I'd rather do another post a lot of the time, and I hate that too as when I came up in the game I learned that was poor internet etiquette.

new topics

top topics

join