It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RBS Six nations fixtures and results : RUGBY

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

felinfoel Double Dragon!
(TRUE story that!)
G

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

felinfoel Double Dragon!
(TRUE story that!)
G

Erm...

I think I had that too when I was about fourteen! No joke... I visited the brewery as an air cadet and got smashed on half a pint.

www.felinfoel-brewery.com...

Sheep were not involved... at THAT time...

Warmest

Lags
edit on 1-3-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap editing

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I spent a rather... "interesting" night in Edinburgh's Waverley Train Station with a bunch of Welsh Rugby Supporters once... (Don't ask!!) ...on the night before a big 6-Nations clash between Scotland and Wales.
And they tipped me off to the fact that they usually bring up a barrel or two of Double Dragon and "donate" it to a local hostelry who then charges them a modest fee for serving it back to them in pint glasses! As they didn't really like the local beer.
I made it my mission to seek it out after that, and I have to say.... when I found it... I REALLY LIKED IT!

(Highlight of the over-nighter in the train station for me was...
Big Burly Scottish Police Sergeant approaches the 30 or so miroculously drunk Welsh supporters (who are bedecked head to toe in Welsh rugby tops, scarfs, leeks, daffodils and various other Rugby paraphernalia) and says:

"Alright Lads? just up for the match tomorrow Eh?"

To which the Welsh lads... in UNISON all Say:

"What Match???"

I didn't stop laughing for about 3 days!!!! The Look on that big policeman's face as he shuffled away totally embarrassed!!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hehe, great story.

Which reminds me : HAPPY ST DAVIDS DAY to our Welsh members...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

OK, what did I do??
I now have a Police Helicopter circling my House!!!
WTAF?

If they take me away... Lag - I need you to delete my browser history??

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

You still there?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

You still there?

LOL - Yup.... I guess it wasn't ME they were after??
I did get a wee video clip of their helo circling my house though!

G

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rainbows
Jane xx

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Cmon Scotland!!
I shall be in the pub!
G

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
Cmon Scotland!!
I shall be in the pub!
G

Drowning your sorrows?

In fairness, Scotland stuck at it. They were just unlucky to face an England that finally turned up this tournament.....

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well, England 61 Scotland 21. Calcutta Cup in the bag, along with the Six Nations Champs.

England vrs Ireland next week, so see if England are able to win the Grand Slam.

There's another thread on ATS about some US Professor ranting on about "cultural appropriation" when England fans sing "Swing Low". Glad to hear the stadium in full voice and hoping silliness does not take over.

Watch it and weep, or rejoice.

England are whites, for those who don't know.

EDIT to add. England women also thrashed the Scots. 64 to nil. If people have never watched the women's game it is pretty good. Quick and fluid.
edit on 11/3/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

And that is where the male game is headed...the women are leading the way. The game is turning to be all about speed....it's what the All Blacks have been showing us foe years

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Which is why I used to play Sevens. Many teams have been quick off their feet, not just the All Blacks. A successful team has stamina, innovation and discipline. The Scots yesterday were fairly ill disciplined. In the past some teams were technically good and had the skill, but were unable to think outside of the box: England was one of those teams.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Sorry folks, I am a bit late as still hung over from the major WHUPPING that was inflicted on the Scots... Humour of course... Didn't drink a drop during all matches.

2 great matches last weekend :

Italy got their bottoms beaten badly by France (18 - 40) and nothing else to say there apart from well done to both teams, although the Italians will never in my opinion be a rugby nation... At least they tried.

And then onto the scrumptious match : England Vs Scotland... : 61 - 21

I had to watch the first half on replay as my son decided that his car needed to break down... Was I miffed!

I caught the match in the 42nd minute and was well impressed with both teams... THAT IMO is how rugby should be played...

Looking forward to Scotland wopping the italians arses (may it be on the field or in the changing rooms for the third half...) *cough cough*

The France vs Wales match is going to be a hard/interesting/fun one... In a way I want the sheep shaggers to win, but in another way I also have to support France or I don't get nookie until the next 6 nations matches...

I'm currently biting my knuckles for the Iremand vs England match... Going to be a whopper I hope?

Good luck to all that are still in the tournament and may fair play reign...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
Sorry folks, I am a bit late as still hung over from the major WHUPPING that was inflicted on the Scots... Humour of course... Didn't drink a drop during all matches....

I'm AM still hungover!
England were just amazing.
Scotland didn't really turn up.

If Scotland had won... we would have earned the title "4th highest ranked" team in the world right now, yet we were simply outclassed.
There are some (small) excuses;
Down to 14 men in the first 2mins (our own doing), the loss of our greatest attacking threat (Hogg) shortly after, lack of leadership on the field (previous loss of Laidlaw etc) but these are things that we should cope better with IF we want to play with the big boys.
We're doing well, actually... we're doing VERY WELL but a beating like that is hard to take when you're supposed to be on the up.

Well done England. FULLY deserved and comprehensive victory.

I just hope our heads don't go down now and undo all of the good work that's been done under Vern Cotter.

G

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Slightly of topic, but...

England thrash Scotland.

Two days later nationalists call another independence referendum.

Linked?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

nope

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I think it was one of the best games that I have ever seen in my 50 years on this planet mate...

The Scots fought and showed their fighting spirit until the end... I hope they all got really piddled afterwards for the third half and smashed a few ash trays and pinched a few waitersses bums as the tradition goes?

I bow down with sincere respects to all our Scottish members...

Warmest

Lags
edit on 15-3-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap editing

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Well, the 6-Nations is over for another year, and I thought this years was one of the best yet!

On the final weekend Scotland whitewashed Italy with a very solid performance, good (bonus point) attack and GREAT defense (where were you LAST WEEK???),
France overcame Wales in a bizarre and dramatic 20 minutes of "extra" time after the 80mins were up... VERY strange and unlucky for Wales who I thought had done enough to win a good match.
And, Ireland stopped England from winning the Grand Slam, also ending their near world record breaking winning streak.
England won the tournament, Italy finished bottom and all of the 4 other teams ended up on the same points!!

GREAT STUFF!

G

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Winners and losers

I have to say Gordi that I disagree with you. I felt the whole tournament was a bit of a damp squib this year. That's not coming from a sore Welsh loser, that's just my overview. There was no outstanding match play...it was as though all of them just 'turned up' to entertain the public. I felt no real passion except the odd fleeting show.

Here's to a better and more feisty 2018 6 Nations.

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join