It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RBS Six nations fixtures and results : RUGBY

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Grrrrr...

I so wanted to go to one of the 6 nations matches this year but because of my bloody broken leg I can't...

Watching all the matches when I can.

If anyone wants to follow the scores and dates of matches you can check here :

www.rbs6nations.com...

COME ON ENGLAND...

Here is my contribution :

Enjoy.

Warmest

Lags
edit on 17-2-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Title changed and vid added

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

AAAANNNDDD for the rest of the known world, the sport the OP is talking about is Rugby.

For the US, it is similar to American football ... but without the body armor and helmets. Also, no body padding.

P

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Yes, I am watch the Six Nations being a rugby person (and cricket). Some very good games. England are the favourites, but it's a national hobby to grab defeat out of the jaws of victory! The Wales game had me rather relieved as it was all last minute on the points.

A little factoid is that the Six Nations has the highest attendance per match then any other sport. That's every game packed.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

AAAANNNDDD for the rest of the known world, the sport the OP is talking about is Rugby.

For the US, it is similar to American football ... but without the body armor and helmets. Also, no body padding.

P

AAAAANNNDDD.... I have just fixed the title.

Thanks for the heads up Phoenix.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Lets not mention last Saturday .

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

Lets not mention last Saturday .

Yes... sorry about that mate

It was a bloody good match...

Here you go, just for you if it will make you feel any better :

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Actually, there are major differences between Rugby Union (and League) and American football, not just the helmet and body armour.

They are both contact sports, but in rugby the ball is passed backwards and all contact is confined to the ball carrier with tackles, rucks and mauls etc (i.e. contact) which is highly regulated. You can get penalised for barging, or high, or other dangerous tackles. American Football is a more violent game and they wear protection because of it.

Oh yes, other differences include the size of the balls – I’ll just leave it there.

Here's a vid to remind us of Rugby's fluidity and pace.

edit on 17/2/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

American Football is a more violent game and they wear protection because of it.

You don't see what goes on in the scrum and sometimes the referee doesn't either...

I have stud scars all over both my tibias after years of playing both league and Union, two top teeth are now bridged, broken nose at least 5 times and various scars and stuff over my eyebrows...

And I was only a mere scrum half...

Warmest

Lags
edit on 17-2-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap editing

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Top Man . Cheered us up in the Office on a dreary Friday .

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
You've got yourself a genuine injury, a very common thing on a Rugby field, and very rare thing in Kissball. When Americans ask me what the Six Nations is, I tell them its a heterosexual Super Bowl.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Its true for me and a lot of other English people as well that beating Wales is a mixed bag. Of course its always satisfying to win against a great Rugby playing nation, but because we really love and respect Wales and Welsh people, and appreciate the enormous passion you have for Rugby, and greatly admire the spirit the Welsh team and supporters bring to a game, a victory is always slightly tinged.

English rugby fans tend to agree when I say, if we have to loose, let it be to Wales. A beautiful country, wonderful spirit and the warmest and most likeable people you could ever hope to meet. We are very fortunate to have the Welsh as our neighbours, and as opponents in the worlds greatest tournament.

reply to: Cymru

edit on 17-2-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Its true for me and a lot of other English people as well that beating Wales is a mixed bag. Of course its always satisfying to win against a great Rugby playing nation, but because we really love and respect Wales and Welsh people, and appreciate the enormous passion you have for Rugby, and greatly admire the spirit the Welsh team and supporters bring to a game, a victory is always slightly tinged.

English rugby fans tend to agree when I say, if we have to loose, let it be to Wales. A beautiful country, wonderful spirit and the warmest and most likeable people you could ever hope to meet. We are very fortunate to have the Welsh as our neighbours, and as opponents in the worlds greatest tournament.

You hit the nail on the head...

I would hate to lose to Italy...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Warmest

Lags

My blood runs cold at that thought

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Warmest

Lags

My blood runs cold at that thought

Shuddering at the thought too...

I am in a pretty tricky situation here as I am a Brit living in France married to a French lady...

Our poor son hasn't a clue who to support lol.

Warmest

Lags
edit on 17-2-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap editing

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
That gives me a chance to raise another interesting point about the Six Nations. I find that I am able to put the traditional antipathy aside when England play France. The French rugby team and supporters brings their own flair to the game and the Tournament, while fully embracing the spirit. I find that extremely gratifying and worthy of respect.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

That gives me a chance to raise another interesting point about the Six Nations. I find that I am able to put the traditional antipathy aside when England play France. The French rugby team and supporters brings their own flair to the game and the Tournament, while fully embracing the spirit. I find that extremely gratifying and worthy of respect. Now I really have to go and hit the weights, but thanks for this thread and enjoy the rest tournament.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Well, my brother was in a bar in Singapore during the 2003 World Cup final. He was the only Englishman in a sea of Aussies. What a match. He said they all brought him drinks, even though they lost. Difficult to see whether that would happen in any other sport. Rugby brings people who have a passion for the sport together, while football divides and tennis is pointless.

On Wales. I am a quarter Welsh, so they are my second team.

Anyway, cannot resist it. I know it’s off topic, but please forgive.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Well, my brother was in a bar in Singapore during the 2003 World Cup final. He was the only Englishman in a sea of Aussies. What a match. He said they all brought him drinks, even though they lost. Difficult to see whether that would happen in any other sport. Rugby brings people who have a passion for the sport together, while football divides and tennis is pointless.

On Wales. I am a quarter Welsh, so they are my second team.

Anyway, cannot resist it. I know it’s off topic, but please forgive.

Your brother must have been completely blathered at the end of the match

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thanks for the "heads up" Lags...

I don't usually follow the Rugby (being Scottish!!)
Well, OK.... I do.

EVERY BLOOMIN YEAR watching the same old movie!!!!

Then THIS YEAR!!!
THIS YEAR was going to be DIFFERENT!!!

We BEAT IRELAND in week1!!!!
Next up France away....
...and.... minutes into the game... we lose our scrum half (and captain).... then our vice captain... quickly joined by 3 front rowers.... and we let the match slip away from us.

Not that I'm bitter.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
Thanks for the "heads up" Lags...

I don't usually follow the Rugby (being Scottish!!)
Well, OK.... I do.

EVERY BLOOMIN YEAR watching the same old movie!!!!

Then THIS YEAR!!!
THIS YEAR was going to be DIFFERENT!!!

We BEAT IRELAND in week1!!!!
Next up France away....
...and.... minutes into the game... we lose our scrum half (and captain).... then our vice captain... quickly joined by 3 front rowers.... and we let the match slip away from us.

Not that I'm bitter.

I see your Captain is out for the rest of the tournament which is a real shame. I was looking forward to seeing England play against what was looking like a resurgent Scotland. I hope you and your team have can still have a good outcome in the Six Nations.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join