It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Delos journey toast?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Anyone ever heard of S/V Delos??

It's this group of people who make videos about sailing around the world. They have a cult following of sorts. Some of the stuff they've done is/was pretty cool, but their 'bit' has gotten a bit old now.

It started out as this guy from AZ/WA who pulled up stakes and bought this boat and just decided to sail around the world with some friends. They make their money off youtoob videos and the like, that and crowdsourced funding. They've got all sorts of social media outlets they use. They make these videos which are kind of fun (at first anyway), but the story gets kind of repetitive after a while.

I followed them for a while, but then I realized their videos were about 18 months behind their reality. Clever, but old after a while. They couch the delay by citing video production and lack of connections. Well, that worked for a while, but now I think it's something else.

Last year they wound up in Cape Town and spent a few months there. They got some new crew and headed out back across the Indian Ocean again (where they just came from). Their videos are still 1 year+ behind, but now if you look their current location shows back in South Africa.

They do use Twitter and FB, but everything they post is about the past, just hyping their latest (1+ year old) videos.

I'm thinking they gave it up, or the boat was damaged beyond repair and they've hung it up. Now they're just stringing everyone along to make the most out of all the video they have taken in the last year.

Anyone else ever hear of these guys??

P.S. Maybe they foundered or something, but they're definitely "playing it" now.

edit on 2/16/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Will you give me money to lie to you on land? I couldn't do it, but you fools keep #ing up my reality.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: gription

Can you explain your post more?

I don't understand..."lie to you on land" (???)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

i follow them - but am not paying for thier semi permanent holiday

the lack of any scientific purpose or purpose in general made me lessen my interest

the project has such potential - and they do so little with it

top topics

join