It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Google Earth Imagery of Our Favorite Base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Date on the imagery is 7/19/2016
I just loaded it up, so far haven't looked at much, some new asphalt ("apron"?) around the "new new" hangar.
edit on 16-2-2017 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Pictures or it didn't happen!!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
3rd base?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Coordinates? Screenshot?
I looked at it the other day, didn't see much.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

The pavement sort of looked that way on the previous imagery. In fact I'm not really sure this imagery is new other than the date. ;-)

I did notice there is new imagery along route 93, which is probably not of much interest to most people. I was looking at the Alamo airport, which had 14 and 32 markings just like the base. But that can be due to similar prevailing winds. As far as I know, the new Alamo runway is financed by the country.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

"hey lets make a thread about new photos and not put any of them in it! makes total sense!"
-op probly...
new2.fjcdn.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
All your base are belong to us

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal

"hey lets make a thread about new photos and not put any of them in it! makes total sense!"
-op probly...
new2.fjcdn.com...

Google Earth is free. I highly recommend it. Then you don't have to rely on others for photo's.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
The pavement sort of looked that way on the previous imagery. In fact I'm not really sure this imagery is new other than the date. ;-)

I notice the imagery for the TTR has the same date. GE history shows mid-2007 as the previous image date.

One main difference I see is a new building here:
37.790270°, -116.768657°

Janet parking lot is packed, but that could be because it was a weekday.

The angle of the imagery also shows what I interpret as a lot of activity at some of the hangars, judging by marks on the concrete. i.e.

edit on 18-2-2017 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I'm relatively sure that new building has been discussed here before. It is windowless, but not really shaped like a warehouse, plus it lacks roll up doors. Offices would have windows.

You can tell what it isn't, but it is hard to tell what that building is used for.

If I haven't mentioned it, the domed buildings contain flight simulators.

I have a few photos I've pulled off of the Sandia newsletter about the TTR that I never get around to uploading. The remodeled the Sandia complex tower. Now it looks at least 00's era versus 70's inside.

www.lazygranch.com...

Speaking of the "barns", using some video released by the USAF and other sources, I created this hangar map. The white hangars were operation test (OT), which might explain why they house the current fleet.

I could probably come up with the names of the ramps if I worked at it. You can watch the planes taxi and listen to the tower to figure out what is what.
edit on 18-2-2017 by gariac because: added map

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I noticed an odd paved path just north east of KTPH (civilian Tonopah airport). It was added between image sets. Probably nothing, but I recall some UAV testing going on at KTPH. At least the notam was at KTPH.

This should be obvious, but the bottom of the photo is the north edge of KTPH. The oval is the world famous Tonopah Speedway. The strip is at the top of the photo with a Google Earth marker on it.

coords 38.078013° -117.073000°

Length about 1900ft. It has no aviation markings, but maybe for testing that isn't an issue.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

It is the road to Tonopah Shooting Range.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: zipper104
a reply to: gariac

It is the road to Tonopah Shooting Range.

Thanks. I checked it out once. Just a few chairs as "infrastructure." Supposedly it dates backs to the Army days. At one time there was a Google Earth "community" marker there, which is how I learned about the range.

The "community" marker indicating KTPH is the TTR is still there. ;-)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I noticed Bald Mountain has new imagery.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I thought something was different, then realized it was just the angle the imagery was taken at.
Also, they missed the GLR guard shack by about 1500 ft. Darn.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FosterVS

I thought something was different, then realized it was just the angle the imagery was taken at.
Also, they missed the GLR guard shack by about 1500 ft. Darn.

Looking at that the area of the concrete pad just east of Bald Mountain using the history feature, there was just a road there at one time. Years ago we tried to box the camo dudes on the road by having someone hide on that road. Unfortunately the dudes must have noticed we were short one person and didn't fall for the trick. But this makes me wonder if that pad is in the forbidden zone.

I advise anyone investigating to first find the border poles rather than just head up to the pad. Those poles are far apart, making it hard to tell if you are crossing the border by accident. The best rule is not to just spot two poles, but rather three poles since you can be fooled when the border makes a 90 degree turn.

Those pads thus far seem to be a stalled project.

edit on 11-3-2017 by gariac because: grammar

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FosterVS

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal

-op probly...
new2.fjcdn.com...

Google Earth is free. I highly recommend it. Then you don't have to rely on others for photo's.

what you mean is, then i dont have to rely on thread authors to include actual content in their threads. right? ya great move there guy. good luck with that idea...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Odd pattern at the Tonopah Test Range. Perhaps the space aliens landed there and left the shape of their space craft.

www.lazygranch.com...

top topics

join