It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide attack on Pakistani shrine kills 72, claimed by Islamic State

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: angryproctologist

I don't care if it's "this" sect or "that" sect.

Right now, they do what they do because they aren't afraid of us. There is not going to be any reasoning or negotiating or diplomatic solutions.

The only thing that will work, the only thing that they will understand is pain and lots of blood.

You should care about the sect. It wasn't the West attacked, it almost never is. ISIS and all these other groups almost never attack the West but we act as if every murder they commit is always on some little white Christian toddler.

'They do what they do because they aren't afraid of us'. Define us. I'm guessing us means the West. Well, the West doesn't need to be involved in any Islamic Holy War does it? Yet there we are making it all about us. Not only do we make it about us we destroy everything in our path making peaceful people perfect pray for ISIS monsters.

The west wasn't attacked yesterday. Suffi Muslims were... in a place of worship. You just want to use it as another black mark against Islam.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Take one ISIS terrorist.

Publically kill him.

Slowly.

These low-life cowards know that the weak people in the west will protect them from harm while they continue killing.

You have to show these scum that they deserve no respect, treat them like dirt. They deserve nothing.

What a disgusting and evil thing to say. Defending Islam, refusing to accept that all Muslims are terrorists or want to install Islamic law worldwide is not the same thing as defending ISIS. Stop pushing propaganda.

It was the state department that said ISIS would be defeated if they had a "jobs program".

edit on 17-2-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I want to end the terrorism and end the terrorists.

I don't care what type of Islam they are.

What are your solutions?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That isn't what the state department said. That's what FOX, Breitbart, the Blaze and Alex Jones spun it to.

“We’re killing a lot of them, and we’re going to keep killing more of them. So are the Egyptians, so are the Jordanians — they’re in this fight with us,” Harf said. “But we cannot win this war by killing them. We cannot kill our way out of this war. We need in the medium to longer term to go after the root causes that leads people to join these groups, whether it’s a lack of opportunity for jobs.”

“We’re not going to be able to stop that in our lifetime or 50 lifetimes,” Matthews interrupted. “There’s always going to be poor people. There’s always going to be poor Muslims, and as long as there are poor Muslims, the trumpet’s blowing and they’ll join. We can’t stop that, can we?”

In return, Harf suggested a soft power-like approach: “We can work with countries around the world to help improve their governance,” she said. “We can help them build their economies so they can have job opportunities for these people.” She conceded, however, that there is “no easy solution.”

Mediaite

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The best thing we can do, aside from scaling back from the region... is get the innocent away from the terrorists. The can't force/brainwash people into fighting for them if there's no one left. Let people flee. Next, stop interfering with their governments, not one of their revolutions has gone unfettered by us. We don't need their oil.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The best thing we can do, aside from scaling back from the region... is get the innocent away from the terrorists. The can't force/brainwash people into fighting for them if there's no one left. Let people flee. Next, stop interfering with their governments, not one of their revolutions has gone unfettered by us. We don't need their oil.

So we should encourage the innocent to flee their countries and let terrorists keep control of regions and/or nations.

That'll end terrorism.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

We're giving them control anyway by creating the chaos they need to establish it. Has a failed state/region ever become anything but a hotbed of terrorism?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

We're giving them control anyway by creating the chaos they need to establish it. Has a failed state/region ever become anything but a hotbed of terrorism?

We've given them opportunity.

Not control.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

a reply to: seagull

The point is that we've been fighting this war wrong all along.

Bush, Obama. . . . . . negotiated with the devil.

We must become their devil, we must instill a fear of attacking us, if we ever want to win.

And that's exactly the same stuff they say when launching their terrorist attacks. Exactly the same! They justify burning people alive and doing all of their repulsive stuff by using the exact same logic you just did! That's why I constantly say I support neither of your sides because you're both the same.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

That's fine. Sit to the side. Make your comments on how terrible both sides are.

I'm offering opinion. Suggestions. I wish I could do more. I served and fought. But our leaders have been feckless as of late so the fight continues.

And innocent people still die. And we clutch our pearls and wonder what can be done.

<< 1  2   >>

join