It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont see Hillary, or Obama ever taking UNSCRIPTED Questions and being BRUTALLY HONEST ABOUT IT

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
First of all, Trump, “brutally honest” ? HA! Thanks for the laugh.

Secondly, I don’t understand why he should be applauded simply for NOT being PC. NOT being PC can be refreshing, don’t get me wrong, but it doesn’t mean much when what you actually say lacks substance, does it? You still have to know what you’re talking about, surely? It’s not all that impressive responding to unscripted questions when your responses are rubbish, is it?

If we forget all the noise, forget the way he says things, PC or not, forget his whole beef with the media, and pay attention to what his answers are for the tough questions, you know, the substance behind his words… there really isn’t all that much, is there?

Whenever I hear him speak on almost anything, he doesn’t exactly fill you with confidence that he knows what he’s going on about. I couldn’t stop laughing at how he was caught out with the Electoral College voting lie. And to have the Prime Minister of another nation literally laugh in your face (for good reason might I add) the other day is just incredible. And don’t get me started on his obsession with big crowds and TV ratings.

Also, why are Hillary and Obama always being dragged into the picture when a negative point about Trump needs to be countered? Can he not stand on his merits?

How anyone can still take this man seriously is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22what you talking i am sure 150 odd years ago hillary would have been sitting on bill plantation porch sippin on her mint julip while billy out plowing some fields so too speak

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: namine
First of all, Trump, “brutally honest” ? HA! Thanks for the laugh.

Secondly, I don’t understand why he should be applauded simply for NOT being PC. NOT being PC can be refreshing, don’t get me wrong, but it doesn’t mean much when what you actually say lacks substance, does it? You still have to know what you’re talking about, surely? It’s not all that impressive responding to unscripted questions when your responses are rubbish, is it?

I watched the whole conference he knew what he was talking about. He was sending a message to the Swamp and Obama's Shadow Government that he left behind there's a new Sheriff in town and the Law will be enforced.

Also, why are Hillary and Obama always being dragged into the picture when a negative point about Trump needs to be countered? Can he not stand on his merits?

Why was it always Bush's Fault when a Negative point was made about Obama?

How anyone can still take this man seriously is beyond me.

He's your President.

Whenever I hear him speak on almost anything, he doesn’t exactly fill you with confidence that he knows what he’s going on about. I couldn’t stop laughing at how he was caught out with the Electoral College voting lie. And don’t get me started on his obsession with big crowds and TV ratings.

So now the Electoral College matters to you people? And here I though the Popular Vote choose the President in are Republic.

And to have the Prime Minister of another nation literally laugh in your face (for good reason might I add) the other day is just incredible.

O Ya How about when China did not roll out the red carpet for Obama and made him exit from the ass of Air Force one. ? in Chinese culture not rolling out the red carpet is a huge middle finger to the President which is fighting words. And then they go and steal are drone while he's still President.

If we forget all the noise, forget the way he says things, PC or not, forget his whole beef with the media, and pay attention to what his answers are for the tough questions, you know, the substance behind his words… there really isn’t all that much, is there?

If you actually watched the whole Press Conference he started off by saying he inherited a Mess. If the Democrats would stop Obstructing the flow of a peaceful transfer of power then we might actually have a functioning government. He also said that he isnt going to BROADCAST ARE EVERY MOVE TO THE ENEMY. THE LEAKERS WILL BE CAUGHT AND CHARGED.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
I watched the whole conference he knew what he was talking about. He was sending a message to the Swamp and Obama's Shadow Government that he left behind there's a new Sheriff in town and the Law will be enforced.

He knew what he was talking about regarding the biggest Electoral College win, did he? What about his jumbled response regarding the leaks being real vs news being fake? He said the leaks are real but the news that reported them is fake... does that make any sort of sense to you, honestly? He knew what he was talking about regarding uranium, did he? And I quote, "You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things." Do you feel he knew what he was talking about regarding the two-state vs one-state solution for the Middle East?

Why was it always Bush's Fault when a Negative point was made about Obama?

See, I don't know that it was. I don't remember Bush being brought up to justify every little thing that went wrong with the Obama administration. It's only been about a month and seems to happen all the time with Trump. Of course, every president is going to blame the previous for problems they inherited. That's just politics and there's a degree of truth to it too. But it's more than that with Trump - it's a way to deflect from any and all shortcomings. The response to genuine criticism seems to be: "Yeah, but Obama did xyz..." OR "Yeah, but Hillary did abc..." Know what I mean?

As for democrats getting in the way, it's not just the democrats though, is it? Still, I have to say some of the response to Trump has been way over the top, the constant protests and comparing him to Hitler etc. I don't agree with all that. It's not helping matters smooth over in the slightest. Then again, neither is Trump.

He's your President.

He's not actually, thank God. President of USA, sure. Not that ours is much better, truth be told.

So now the Electoral College matters to you people? And here I though the Popular Vote choose the President in are Republic.

Actually it has always been Trump who's obsessed with inflating the degree of his victory, whether that meant attacking the integrity of the Popular Vote, or now spouting major dross about the margin of his Electoral College win.

O Ya How about when China did not roll out the red carpet for Obama and made him exit from the ass of Air Force one. ? in Chinese culture not rolling out the red carpet is a huge middle finger to the President which is fighting words. And then they go and steal are drone while he's still President.

See here, this is precisely what I mean. Instead of focusing on the substance (or lack of) in Trump's answer regarding the two-state vs one-state solution, your response is "Yeah, but Obama..." This isn't about Obama! It's about Trump and his response which was: "I’m looking at two-state and one-state, and I like the one that both parties like, I can live with either one." How is that an answer with any substance? How is that an answer at all?

It's stuff like that that makes him really hard to take seriously.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
And Namine wins the thread. Perfectly put.

As an aside, that uranium bit.... my god, I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. Adopting a condescending tone then desperately trying to talk about something he has zero knowledge of; it was so so funny. And saying nobody talks about the 'bad things' - the 'bad things' associated with uranium is practically the only thing people associate with it in day to day references. Absolutely awful, awful effort at sounding authoritative.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Ok, a few points.

1) that Obama"ififififif" video on page one is absolutely brilliant. Made me laugh. Bigly.

2) I watched most of the press conference and honestly, it was sort of like watching a slow motion car crash at times; horribly fascinating. From both sides.
He's not a terribly good public speaker and he often fudges through and ends up saying things that turn out not to be quite true. I don't know if it's deliberate or if it's just filler but the problem is, all the little things add up and it starts to make him look dishonest (or you could say he's making it easy for the press to make him look that way).
I think he's entertaining in a weird kind of way and he's certainly getting the exposure. He's a bit of a loose cannon and it's quite funny watching people trying to figure out how to take him/deal with him. You guys voted for change and that's exactly what you're getting, which is in itself a change (getting what you paid for). Interesting times.

3) I think he's totally spot on about the press, in particular the parts about CNN, the BBC and their seeming reluctance to cover some fairly major stories. I find it curious that they will completely trash Trump over fairly small or innocuous comments/lies but then are shocked when he turns around and calls them out for their own obvious (and arguably more serious) spinning of stories/lies. I guess you reap what you sow. I see people questioning his decision to go after the press but i think he has an obligation to go after them in this instance. When what they're reporting is beyond biased it becomes propaganda, it serves certain interests and when you look at things like Amazon/Washington Post/CIA connections then it becomes clear that this isn't about trying to curtail freedom of the press and more about countering propaganda. It's ok to bleat about the president undermining peoples confidence in the press and how he's sailing close to the wind in regards the 1st amendment etc but, if people REALLY cared about that then they'd be shttng a brick about the Amazon/WAPO/CIA thing (hint: they're not).

4) As much as he comes across as a hugely arrogant, bombastic and egotistical individual I keep seeing glimpses of the man behind the mask, small flashes of something more.
Some of the things he says are refreshing, frank and on point and i can see why some people might vote him on just that basis alone, especially considering the usual career politician BS of totally avoiding answering questions and constantly obfuscating.
We've had many years of politicians saying one thing and doing another, mostly in semi-secret (assisted by the fair and unbiased media of course). So I can see how his approach might be appealing.
I'm certain also that he's not a stupid man and i'm sure he's not half as obnoxious as he makes himself out to be. He reminds me of Boris Johnson in some ways. He has deliberately fostered an image of being an incompetent buffoon, but any real examination of him as a character reveals instead that he's clearly an intelligent and shrewd man. The image is a convenient tool to manipulate perception and, in turn, change the way others approach him, interact with him and respond to him. He wears his stupid like an armour, and it works; even the worst stories or insults just bounce right off, people give a collective tut, sigh, roll their eyes and say "yeah, it's Boris though isn't it, what do you expect". That's pretty smart. I think some folks already have that reaction to Trump as well: "well, what do you expect, it's Donald Trump".

Oh and lastly; the part about "the leaks are real, the news is fake": how are people not able to understand this? The way i understood it is that he was saying the Intel being fed to the papers is bullpoo but the fact that someone is feeding them bullpoo from inside the IC is absolutely true. I don't see why that statement was so confusing for people?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

No... as evidenced by the fact that I was anti Clinton, I am not a person who ignores facts when deciding upon matters of global importance, or national importance, or philosophical importance. Facts = Truth. If a persons comments do not match the facts, they have not told the truth, have told therefore lies instead and independent fact checking of Mr Trumps comments since his entry into the political sphere, have shown those comments to be lies on more than seventy percent of occasions.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: eluryh22

originally posted by: WUNK22
Obama will go down as the TelePrompTer president! If you ever heard him off it, embarrassing!

I don't know how to post videos (beyond posting a link). Would any ATS member be kind enough to post the musical rendition of the Obama "If if if if if.... " video? Please and thank you.

You want to offer a straw man argument and you want someone else to help you?
It's a deliberate attempt to change the subject . A red herring .

This isn't about Obama and his stutter. It's about that man who rambled on for over an hour.
What do you have to contribute to that ?

I think that you're confused. Nobody was debating anything at these points in the thread. They were giving Trump props and contrasting his style with that if his adversaries. In order for their to be a strawman constructed there has to be a debate to begin with.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Misfire
edit on 18-2-2017 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

So, lets get to the meat of this:

You assert, perhaps correctly, that many Americans accept Trumps lies, because they are poorly crafted, on the fly, and therefore different somehow than the lies told by other political figures. Does that not make the entire mess of them dunderheaded in the absolute extreme?

A lie is a lie, and when it comes from the person you elect to do your bidding as President, SURELY this is bad, no matter whether he planned to lie, or just did it off the cuff? I heard people previous to the election even beginning, previous to Trumps announcement that he was running, telling me they were sick of being lied to, constantly, by all and sundry, that they could not trust a damned thing coming out of anyones mouth, about anything.

Where is the outcry about truth now? Are you seriously telling me that people are prepared to accept a lie as long as it was created before their eyes, rather than in a policy meeting? I honestly do not know what is more terrifying, the fact that the man got where he is, or the idea that this sort of anti-logic is what permits his BS to fly!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Have you all gone completely insane? How could anyone watch that press conference and think he did well??

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: WWnNEAWaremine
Have you all gone completely insane? How could anyone watch that press conference and think he did well??

Blind faith. Nothing more.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

The whine, cry and make things up television segment. The same kind he normally has.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Probably because Trump isn't a puppet! Nobody tells him what to say

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

'biggest electoral victory' is an incorrect statement. minor technical fact. he did win a large electoral victory, which is the essential truth behind.

'you can keep your doctor / health care' was a policy lie resulting either from an incorrect projection of policy, or a willful cynical promise that was known to be untrue. this is the kind of lie we should be worried about.

the greater truth of the press conference is that the media works for the political left in the USA, not for the American people. that's the main point everyone should walk away with. and no one is refuting that, not surprising since it's non-refutable.

I'm seeing statements here like 'you people are insane' 'blind faith' and can't tell which side is saying to which.

we are a horribly divided nation, and not because of Trump. this happened years ago. Trump is just the first major major pol to express it forcefully. one might say he is the result of the division, not the cause.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatinthehell
a reply to: Malraux

Ok then ban natural born citizens if they commit any form of identity fraud.

Because that comparison was literally too stupid for words.

This has nothing to do with citizens. Too stupid? This is the exact attitude that I don't understand. We have enough problems with identity theft within our own. There's laws on the books...use them. I don't think the average CRIMINAL, which thieves are, is being supported. Adding a crime onto a crime..

Mind blown!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
Trump was brutally HONEST WITH US THE AMERICAN PEOPLE TODAY. I love it.

I think you are confusing unstable and belligerent with honesty.

He is the most shockingly unqualified person to ever hold the office.

His "press conference" made me think he has a coc aine problem.
edit on 18-2-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: WWnNEAWaremine

They don't "think" he did well..

They "feel" he did well...

Anyone that actually listened to his angry word-salad of press conference would not be able to use the word HONEST in all caps in an OP headline.

He actually lies while accusing the media of lying.

TRANSCRIPT:

TRUMP:
We got 306 because people came out and voted like they’ve never seen before so that’s the way it goes. I guess it was the biggest Electoral College win since Ronald Reagan.
In other words, the media’s trying to attack our administration because they know we are following through on pledges that we made and they’re not happy about it for whatever reason.

(A lie he has repeated nonstop since the election)

Reporter Question:

(A quick check by a reporter at the news conference showed President Barack Obama, a Democrat, amassed more electoral votes in 2008 (365) and 2012 (332). In 1988, President George H.W. Bush, a Republican, drew 426 electoral votes. )

Mr. President, you said today that you have biggest electoral margins since Reagan with 350 electoral votes, and, in fact, president Obama got 365 in 2008-- [Trump mumbles in response] President Obama got 332 in 2012, President Bush Sr got 426 electoral votes, why should America — [ Trump tries to protest in response] Why should Americans trust you when you accuse the information they've received of being fake when you're providing information that's not accurate?

TRUMP: Well, I don’t know, I was given that information. I was given — I actually, I’ve seen that information around.

IN REALITY It was NOT "The biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan"

Pres. Bush Sr.
Pres. Bill Clinton (Twice)
And Pres. Obama (Twice)

ALL HAD significantly higher Electoral College wins that Trump.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.reuters.com...
www.cnbc.com...
www.wcvb.com...

On HRC and the Russian Uranium..
Clinton didn’t have the power to approve or reject the deal
www.wcvb.com...
www.factcheck.org...
www.politifact.com...

edit on 18-2-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: loam

So, lets get to the meat of this:

You assert, perhaps correctly, that many Americans accept Trumps lies, because they are poorly crafted, on the fly, and therefore different somehow than the lies told by other political figures. Does that not make the entire mess of them dunderheaded in the absolute extreme?

A lie is a lie, and when it comes from the person you elect to do your bidding as President, SURELY this is bad, no matter whether he planned to lie, or just did it off the cuff? I heard people previous to the election even beginning, previous to Trumps announcement that he was running, telling me they were sick of being lied to, constantly, by all and sundry, that they could not trust a damned thing coming out of anyones mouth, about anything.

Where is the outcry about truth now? Are you seriously telling me that people are prepared to accept a lie as long as it was created before their eyes, rather than in a policy meeting? I honestly do not know what is more terrifying, the fact that the man got where he is, or the idea that this sort of anti-logic is what permits his BS to fly!

Trumps lies haven't gotten anyone killed. Thats the difference. He was straight and forward with us regarding the failed Mission in Yemen. However instead of covering it up like Hillary would do cough *Benghazi* he stated it was a Success by saying they achieved the Mission objective despite the loss of life.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Barely able to speak English
Unable to respond directly to any question
No concern for accuracy
Unable to show any restraint, only knee jerk reactions

These are not the traits of brutal honesty, they are the traits of brutal stupidity.

"Telling it like it is" is code for anti-intellectualism.
edit on 18-2-2017 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join