It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brand New Math May Explain Strange Phenomena in Space-Time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Helps to have an explanation. Also, good not to have to throw out old but serviceable theories.

OF PATTERNS AND DISTURBANCES

* Mathematicians have created a new theory that could explain how universal disturbances move through space and time.
* This field pattern theory could explain how gravitational waves move and answer seemingly unanswerable questions in quantum mechanics.

...They call it the field pattern theory, referring to characteristic patterns that cover how disturbances react to changing conditions. “When you open the doors to a new area, you don’t know where it will go,” said Graeme Milton, first author of the study published in the journal Proceedings of the Royal Society A.

Disturbances occur fairly regularly in the fabric of space-time that makes up the universe. The recently confirmed existence of gravitational waves from Einstein’s Theory of Relativity shows that these disturbances can permeate through both space and time. But what we don’t yet fully understand is how this happens, especially because space-time is continuously shifting. This is what field patterns explain.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

The new/redefined vector/variable would be appreciated.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gription

The paper's link, from the OP article. But you're on your own from here.

Field patterns: a new mathematical object

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Liars. All of them . Field patterns do not exist period!, much less in the imaginations of these federal grant leeches.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Great find very interested in this field can't wait to see where all this leads

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

Backwards for more than one hundred years is now.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: gription

Liars. All of them . Field patterns do not exist period!, much less in the imaginations of these federal grant leeches.

What field patterns exist everywhere and we see it daily. In physics fields are areas with non zero values. What this paper is trying to say is very small isolated patterns can make really big patterns elsewhere.

I guess I'll explain it this way a slight breeze off the coast of Spain could eventually cause a hurricane off the coast in the caribean. A draught in an area can cause mud slides in another as thsee patterns are enhanced under the right conditions.

I'd suggest instead of trashing things you don't understand try picking up a book and educate yourself. Just the fact you are trying to deny fields exist tells me you don't even under stand math. They exist everywhere and can represent anything
edit on 2/16/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
^ ^ Bollocks a slight breeze off the coast can not cause a hurricane.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I guess I'll explain it this way a slight breeze off the coast of Spain could eventually cause a hurricane off the coast in the caribean.
I guess you are an idiot.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Where do you source your deranged "the wind" source from?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Thanks for the link, sofi. Bumped. And after all it's
the Royal Society-- I HAVE to read as much as they'll
allow a non- fellow.
But 2BH I was a little confused by the title: thinking
the elementary teachers new tool kit opened up a-
nother spacetime rip. As if they couldn't cipher as it
WAS.. the new timeline stole my pencil.
I was relieved to be so wrong but amused.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

It is also held in place by the Higgs Boson.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon
^ ^ Bollocks a slight breeze off the coast can not cause a hurricane.

You're probably right there - never really thought this one out, but I've always kept a part of my philosophy rooted in the ol' "Hurricane triggered by Butterfly Wings."

Thinking about it now, I don't think it works out across large systems and orders of magnitude between "start and end point." There's no doubt that causation persists, however, in a sufficiently large and complex system, a single cog could be removed, and yet the result will still come to pass.

One could say the slight breeze could be a single cog in a long string, amongst a large cluster of interconnected strings, which, eventually (a week? a millennia?) results in a hurricane. If the slight breeze in question were to be erased from reality, would the hurricane still happen? If that slight breeze was one of a septillion wisps of atmosphere which, through a long line of causes and effects, eventually contributed to result in the hurricane, the hurricane would still happen.

As an example, perhaps the absence of the breeze in that moment allowed a bug to fly closer to the water surface, resulting in a fish powering itself up and out of the water, catching the bug in its mouth before landing back in the water, causing a slight wave, creating a slight breeze, which ultimately served the same tiny role of the banished slight breeze. Or, there was going to be an abundance of contributing causes anyhow, so the hurricane still happened.

So yeah, Butterfly Wings thing literally? Probably not. Figuratively and applicable to sombunall smaller and/or less complex systems, requiring more specialized events in order to come to pass? I think so.

I'm just about sleeping, so having lost track of how I was tying that in to the OP, I'll leave you with this:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

If I can't go back in time to make the girl mine, and not lose my legs in the process if I do, then what good is it.

Damn you Kutcher.. Damn you for everything...

You know the name Vanessa is the name of a Butterfly? I didn't know that..

she had an effect on me once...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I think the correct concept is that a slight breeze in Spain could influence the formation Hurricane in the Caribbean. Not that it is some kind of over unity theory, just a chain reaction of events that will happen one way or the other.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Reading the entire, un-cut copy...

They said "bazinga" at the very end.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I guess I'll explain it this way a slight breeze off the coast of Spain could eventually cause a hurricane off the coast in the caribean.
I guess you are an idiot.

I think you are misunderstanding the whole cause/effect concept of the butterfly effect.. here's and example..

Your great grandparents bought some land from the estate sale of a friend who was murdered by a man named John Smith.

Your great grandparents decided to start an orange nursery and cranberry farm on this land. Your grandfather growing up on this farm had plentiful access to orange juice and cranberry juice so he drank one of the 2 for breakfast every day.

When your grandfather left the farm and married your grandmother... she would but him orange juice and cranberry juice from the store every week. When they had a child (your father) he grew up drinking the same 2 things for breakfast.. the cycle repeated itself on you.

One day you have orange juice for breakfast. You notice you are all out of cranberry juice and you don't want to have the same juice 2 days in a row, so you go to the store and purchase the last bottle they have.

Immediately afterwards, a woman arrives at the store to pick up some cranberry juice for her husband. Seeing that there is no cranberry juice left since you bought the last bottle, she decides to try something new and purchase some drahonfruit juice for her husbands car ride to work.

As that lady's husband is driving to work he opens the drahonfruit juice and takes a sip.. he has an allergic reaction goes into anafalactic shock loses control of his vehicle and swerves onto a fuel truck the accident is unfortunately on a bridge made by the retaining wall of a massive damn. The explosion causes the dam to crack leak, and eventually fail. Releasing millions of tons of water into the city below killing hundreds of people and washing away countless homes.

Long story short 100+ years ago.. one action of John Smith on a friend of your great grandfathers eventually caused a massive flood killing hundreds and causing millions in damage...

Which in itself can have even larger reactions.. so on and so forth.

A simple choice in the morning of what to drink can have massive consequences down the road. Everything is connected

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
That's some final destination # there 🍺

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

The idea behind "The Butterfly Effect" is as follows:

There was a computer program that simulated world weather patterns over the course of simulated months. Every time the simulation was run using the exact same input variables, the output resultant weather patterns would be exactly the same - which makes sense, because there would be no reason for the computer program to change anything if the initial input parameters were always the same.

However, one day, for some reason or another, the input parameters were changed ever so slightly -- an amount that would be like the flapping of a butterfly's wings in Asia -- then the simulation was run again. Of course the butterfly's wings had no apparent effect on the simulated weather patterns at first (after a few simulated days of weather. However, after running simulated months of weather, the patterns changed completely. The idea was that eventually, a tiny change in the "cause" part of "cause-and-effect" would eventually, over time, bring on great changes to the effect.

HOWEVER, there are some people who (probably rightfully) point out that in reality, the parameters in our real world would reset themselves from time to time, and whatever changes to those parameters were caused by the butterfly's wings would be reset and erased from causing any real effect.

Having said that, I think the general idea still has validity. That is, even miniscule changes to large complex systems could result in large and noticeable effects to that system over time.

edit on 2017-2-17 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join