It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary: Grizzly Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
One of my favourite documentaries ever. I just finished watching it for the second time. So good, I highly recommend it if you haven't watched it before.

Am I allowed to post movies?
edit on 16-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Number one lesson all would be grizzly men should learn from this:

Never take your girlfriend to make friends with the wild bears when it is "that special time of the month"!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Oh this is one of my all time favorite documentaries. It's a very haunting tale and I felt especially bad for his girlfriend.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Hidinout

Yah it's a great film. Unfortunate ending, but at least it was to something they loved and were passionate about.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

just finished watching, was amazing thanks for the link!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

i was thinking that was the trailer, an hour and half later i figuired it wasnt.

wow very interesting and tragic.

i feel for the parents and the girl and even him. he definitely was suffering.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

It sucked you in and didn't let go I see lol. Glad you enjoyed it.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

yeah it did, so much so I went looking for the audio and pictures. very disturbing,updetting , and tragic not recommended

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Number one lesson all would be grizzly men should learn from this:

Never take your girlfriend to make friends with the wild bears when it is "that special time of the month"!

But take your wife?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I really like the documentary and genuinely feel bad for the guy and especially his girlfriend. I also think he's a complete jackass for risking his girlfriend (and getting her killed), potential rescuers and the bears.

Clearly some mental illness going on, and I agree with other people that think he may have been running from his sexuality. I don't get how people don't think he was gay. The voice, the mannerisms, the talking about wanting to be gay... I don't care if he was or wasn't, just another piece of the sad story if that's why he was out there.

According to this account, his father said Timothy "spiraled down" and became an alcoholic after he lost the role of Woody Boyd to Woody Harrelson in the sitcom Cheers.

I don't remember anything about his past really in the film, was it troubled? I would guess so.

Loved the scene with the fox paws on the outside of the tent.

It's pretty impressive he survived as long as he did, he was clearly doing something right for a LONG time. I don't think that excuses what he did. I really can't hate the guy because it's pretty apparent he had at least a screw loose. Wish he'd actually listened to the people telling him to knock it off, and at least not brought his girlfriend up there.

Link to external text and also the wikipedia page about Timothy Treadwell.

new topics

top topics

join