It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I loved Trumps press conference here is why

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: phatkhat

I'm not sure about the nukes flying if HRC was elected.

I can say that there is a triangle of F's with Putin, Obama and Hillary the faint.

So I think it would be safe to say that we would be in worse relationship condition if HRC was POTUS.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: phatkhat
a reply to: seasonal

And how do you know for sure it's gonna be 8 years?

If an apathetic non-voter like me is ready to come out of the woodwork and vote Trump for a 2nd term, I can't be the only one...

The guy is doing something right.

edit on 16-2-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: phatkhat

Oh time will tell, of course I don't know, but you did know that right?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I have never heard a politician (is Trump?) give press conference like Trump did. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, and I think TPTB are having to rethink some of their goals. Not cancelling, but postponing.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I have never heard a politician (is Trump?) give press conference like Trump did. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, and I think TPTB are having to rethink some of their goals. Not cancelling, but postponing.

Well I've only been alive through 5 presidencies. Oddly, Trump strikes me as the most...human.

The fact that he isn't a career politician, by default, makes him the best qualified to enact positive change.

He's definitely no tool.

edit on 16-2-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I, too, thought he handled the press very well. I like how calm he was even when calling them out. It was pretty funny to watch, really. I don't know if it was just me but he also looked extremely worn out. I'm sure he hasn't slept much since before getting elected but he just looked so tired. Poor guy.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jerseymilker
The way i see it is like this: Another whine session. Look at me i'm great, all of you are doing nothing but causing trouble. He is a lying sack of #, who has no idea what he is doing.

Oh please. I'm so tired of hearing people say "he has no idea what he's doing". Honestly, do you think he would've made it this far without having as much of an idea of what he's doing as anyone else would in his position?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Abysha

What was your main reason that you enjoyed it?

You need to ask??

Some will say he was flustering, egotistical and opinionated. Others, myself included, will say he was honest and direct. With the efforts to deny him a legitimate election, with the MSM constantly on his back over false information, I think it's refreshing to hear a man denounce the foe and still retain good posture. I'd rather see that, than some scripted words written by someone else to ensure the facade remains fake.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

For the same reason a prosecuting attorney loves when the defendant shows up naked and mumbling to himself.

I'm worried that you have imagined Trump naked and mumbling.

That is a spell I would not cast even to my worst enemy. Yikes.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry

For the same reason a prosecuting attorney loves when the defendant shows up naked and mumbling to himself.

That's exactly the spell I would cast on my worst enemy.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The man can hardly form a coherent sentence. At least when Obama lied he sounded like a human.

Bigly things are comin, trust me, yuge things. Ask anyone.
edit on 17-2-2017 by denybedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The whole world says this conference and the first weeks of Trump's presidency are a disaster.

It's mostly those who voted for Trump who claim he's doing fine, probably because they suffer from cognitive dissonance.

Like who the hell likes to admit they created the problem they are now facing? No one does. So usually they just lie to themselves that everything is fine.

Typical Trump voters:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Wow OP, you are very easily duped by someone with charisma. You "believe" him because you thought he was "in control"... that's just ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The deal Obama made with Iran actually made sense strategically, it may be one of the few sensible things he did in office. They're the only powerful middle eastern nation with an overwhelmingly shia population, havent invaded anyone in what 200 years? There is no wahabbism there as the Iranian govt actively suppresses it and they've never declared any intention to develop nukes...allowing them a nuclear energy program with intense oversight is the smart play which is what he did. Trump just seems to be winging it while attempting to appease the rabid nutjobs at AIPAC.

He has a right to call out the press yeah, but there's going to be a point soon where it just becomes childish and unproductive, the fact that so much time in these press conferences is devoted to chastising reporters and arguing poll results when there are much bigger and more serious issues that should take precedence is troubling.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatinthehell
Wow OP, you are very easily duped by someone with charisma. You "believe" him because you thought he was "in control"... that's just ridiculous.

People believe him because they can't admit they were wrong.

It's a very common psychological bias, even used to manipulate people. It's called the principle of Commitment and Consistency

If people commit, orally or in writing, to an idea or goal, they are more likely to honor that commitment because of establishing that idea or goal as being congruent with their self-image. Even if the original incentive or motivation is removed after they have already agreed, they will continue to honor the agreement.

When people voted for Trump, it's like their brain signed a contract to support him from that point.

The same thing can be seen among cult victims for example. If someone joined the Church of scientology and invested time and money in it, the day they are revealed that the backstory of the cult is about Xenu and science-fiction, they will accept it because their brain refuses to acknowledge they were wrong since the beginning.

Trump voters face the same problem. They will never admit that Trump is a disaster for America since he's president. Never
edit on 17-2-2017 by ReyDebby because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ReyDebby

Interesting and very true! It's very much cultlike the way they follow and support him. I've even read posts on here about how he was sent by God... needless to say I was pretty freaked out at that point.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Interesting and very true! It's very much cultlike the way they follow and support him. I've even read posts on here about how he was sent by God... needless to say I was pretty freaked out at that point.

Yeah. So I let you figure out why the rest of the world thinks that the first month of Trump as a president was quite frightening:

- A man with a fragile ego and a skill in misdirection steps up as president of the US
- On his first days, he claims that justice and the media are a huge problem in the country (actually he meant they are a problem for him)
- He cultivates an almost messianic image, blame everything on others, and has a cult-like following that would make Steve Jobs jealous if he was still alive
- He's probably involved in a lot of past shady deals and is almost entirely driven by providing his family and himself more power and money
- He's seen as a loud-mouthed, blunt and prone to revenge man
- He is now the most powerful man in the world

If that's not a recipe for disaster, I don't know what this is.

Trump smells like a dictator in making. Trumps sounds like a dictator in making. Trumps looks like a dictator in making.

Hopefully Trump isn't a dictator. Yet.

But who can tell what will happen when he can't take criticism from justice or the press anymore?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

It's frightening. He knows how to play off of people's fears, which his campaign was practically based off of. He's short tempered and shown to be mostly incompetent. The worst thing is that this is just beginning, we've got a long way to go.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

It's frightening. He knows how to play off of people's fears, which his campaign was practically based off of. He's short tempered and shown to be mostly incompetent. The worst thing is that this is just beginning, we've got a long way to go.

Watch out for his signature move.

Everytime he's in a difficult situation, he will always divert the attention by blaming someone else about a different subjet.

All
the
damn
time

The guy just can't stand criticism. It makes him go mad.

Like there are leaks because of him (because he refuses to come clean about himself and scares a lot of people in his administration).

First thing he does? Not questionning why the leaks or what about them. No first thing he does his declaring the whistleblowers as his personal enemies and issues a vendetta against them.

The guy is Don Corleone. A mobster

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry

That's exactly the spell I would cast on my worst enemy.

Lol

evil that is.. but I love it !!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join