It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Appointees Preventing Mattis From Rebuilding The Military

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: liveandlearn

1. What does that have to do with Mattis and the military?

2. Will you provide a detailed list of Trump & Mattis' military plans and a list of the specific Obama appointees who are preventing actual steps in Trump & Mattis plans? If not, it sounds like a vague excuse for a political purge. Unless your point was that Trump and Mattis are no different than Clinton?

You must realize that no one takes you seriously or will waste time trying to respond to your delusional requests....seriously.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

to fix these problems [it] is going to take a lot more money,

How much more?

Billions for wall.
Billions for going to the moon again.
Billions for this.

Taxes from where?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
You think this is bad, wait until 2020 when the next administration needs to fire all the russian plants from the previous adminstration.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

How much more?

Billions for wall.
Billions for this.

Taxes from where?

Jobs. great jobs. jobs like you wouldnt believe

/and make mexico pay for it.
//tardicans

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I'm not sure if in any party I would want my government to spill how deficient they are and in what areas... that's telling our "enemies" what to attack first etc.

That is STUPID.

But it does make it difficult when trying to appropriate funds and removing people from their positions.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

LOL In other words, "durr hurr hurr, we have no facts to back up our vague assertions so we have to resort to personal insults to deflect from our literal lack of facts and details, durr hurr".

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

No, it's a common practice to outline your plans, outline the specific roadblocks to your plans, and to outline how to overcome those specific roadblocks. Even a basic business plan includes this type of information, as well as information on your likely competitors & contingency plans in case your projections are incorrect.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

So you say businesses won't do this, yet you asked for specific details from the administration/Pentagon?

That's how I read it and if that's not true, then I'm sorry. But come on....

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Under manned, over tasked, old equipment and lack of training funds...

That is it in a nut shell let me know if you want me to go more in depth, I will be happy to for the USAF side of things. (where I have spent nearly 20 years working in)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

How much more?

Billions for wall.
Billions for this.

Taxes from where?

Classic left thinking.

If money is needed, new taxes are needed.

How about re-purposing some of the existing money from failed programs?

I guess that makes too much sense...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

If this is true, the answer is simple - fire them.

They aren't appointed for life...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: liveandlearn
a reply to: buster2010

Guess it wouldn't have been so funny if left over for Obama

Huh? The mess Obama walked into was the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. We lost 800k jobs his first month in office. He came into office at the end of two wars.

Trump whining about coming into a mess is a joke.

But Bush didn't leave folks behind to sabotage him.

?

It is subverting the duly elected government. How can anyone support that?

I never agreed with Obama or Bush....but didn't support subversion.

Any of us may dislike who is elected....but they are duly elected. Cutting off ones nose to spite their face is incredibly stupid.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Huh? The mess Obama walked into was the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. We lost 800k jobs his first month in office. He came into office at the end of two wars.

no doubt. The ACA is humming right along, no problems to be seen in the future either, what a peach hon.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: gription

The amount of $hit that Trump walked into is both monumental and historic.

right....historic, monumental...uh huh...unlike the "piece of cake" Obama walked into when he became president. this "$hit" you speak of is called governing, something trump is ignorant of, and doesn't give a damn learning about.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

So you say businesses won't do this, yet you asked for specific details from the administration/Pentagon?

That's how I read it and if that's not true, then I'm sorry. But come on....

That's the exact opposite of what I said. I said that it's common practice to do it.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

?

Any of us may dislike who is elected....but they are duly elected. Cutting off ones nose to spite their face is incredibly stupid.

The worst part is the precedent it creates. Will republicans be merciful if Dems ever get another president in office?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

No. And we will have to hear incessant whining.

There will have to come a point where the average, sane minded person just starts issuing back hands to shut people up. The best I've managed is to have people who know me IRL loathe bringing it up around me. Most people don't think fast enough to keep this kind of thing up in real time conversations.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

His problem was all economic which was taken care of by the fed pumping money into the market.

And that solution was really only the equivalent of slapping a band-aid on it. That mess is still there. It's one of the reasons why Hillary didn't win. Onlyone though.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

?

Notonly that, but we are now talking about turnign the bureaucracy into a political weapon. That is a very, very dangerous precedent and step to take.

The bureaucracy are career. They have no accountability. They are not elected, and the people have no recourse to remove abusive officials. This step of allowing them to go political like this won't just end with inhibiting their new bosses. It will start to trickle down to the people given time.

We are at risk of eroding the rule of law which is the one thing that made this country special over others - respect for and upholding the rule of law for every citizen at every level. We allow political corruption to become the norm and we really are nobetter than any other third world banana republic.
edit on 17-2-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I may have read it somewhere, i have no idea. Its one of those self evident truths, at least to me. But one of the several sayings I use to guide my life: you have no rights (liberties/freedoms) that you do not secure for yourself.

This means many things to me. That I don't have to ask others if its ok to do something. That Im sane minded enough to know what is right and wrong. That asking forgiveness may be better than asking permision.

But as it applies to your comments: We create and manage our government. We have mismanaged it for quite a long time. But in the end, the government is the one we wish to have.

America, of all nations, should not suffer under tyranny. For the life of me, i cannot figure out why we don't fight it more than we do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join