It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Appointees Preventing Mattis From Rebuilding The Military

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Another example of left-over Obama people surfacing.

This time it's operatives in the Pentagon stalling efforts to stabilize some readiness problems that have existed for a while.

The chairman of the House Committee on Armed Services says new Secretary of Defense James Mattis is running into brick walls with his efforts to move ahead.

We have seen several left-over Obama insiders cause trouble for incoming Trump Administration people.

This new one is part of the Daddi'o-GLADIO'bama plan to do whatever damage possible to stall any Trump efforts to get things straightened out.

A full cleansing of the Executive Branch could take 6 months to a year.

Lots of deep cover operatives yet to be exposed.

Obama Appointees Preventing Mattis From Rebuilding The Military, Says Armed Services Chair

Holdovers from the Obama administration in the Pentagon are hampering efforts to fix the military’s major readiness problem, leaving Secretary of Defense James Mattis alone in his efforts to properly equip U.S. forces, according to the chairman of the House Committee on Armed Services.

“I am concerned that … to fix these problems [it] is going to take a lot more money, and yet a lot of the folks who are coming up with the budget to fix them are the same people who have been fighting every step of the way against our efforts to fix these problems,” said Chairman Mac Thornberry during a Capitol Hill press gaggle Thursday.

Thornberry noted that Mattis is “alone” in his attempts to alleviate the readiness problem at the Pentagon. He added that there are some people, including “political appointees and others from the Obama administration,” who have been “trying to deny there was a problem.”

edit on Feb-16-2017 by xuenchen because: operationgladiohappening

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The amount of $hit that Trump walked into is both monumental and historic.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: gription

I know and isn't it funny as hell.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Fire all their sorry asses.

This crap must not be allowed to continue.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

While I don't doubt the validity of the claims put forth in your article, I can't help but point out that they failed to mention anything specific.

Holdovers from the Obama administration in the Pentagon are hampering efforts to fix the military’s major readiness problem

Could someone describe to me what the military's major readiness problem is? I'm not doubting that there is one or that it is a problem, I am simply uninformed, I suppose.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Not respecting democracy is funny as hell?

I guess, most fascists say that.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Guess it wouldn't have been so funny if left over for Obama

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

No, that's when they would have taken the mature route and startted throwing bricks thru windows and punching nazis.
edit on 16-2-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Huh? The mess Obama walked into was the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. We lost 800k jobs his first month in office. He came into office at the end of two wars.

Trump whining about coming into a mess is a joke.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Ronald Reagan did a wholesale sacking of Federal employees so it obviously can be done.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Aircraft long past it's retirement.

Ships decades past scheduled decommissioning.

Nuclear weapons systems still running on 3 1/2" floppy disks.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

As if you're going to get legit facts and details from them. They're just looking for an excuse to launch political purges.

If they were credible, they'd outline in detail what their plans are and then outline in detail which offices and positions are supposedly preventing them from launching each part of those plans. But good luck with that. All they'll do is give some vague statement or exaggeration and then try to launch a purge.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

2 years of a Democrat controlled Congress before Obama took office didn't help either.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Classified.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The thing is that towards the end of the Bush Administration I believe that George realize how things were screwed up. I don't think he realized it before. He worked to try to make sure that the next guy coming into office was given every advantage. Obama has worked to make sure that Trump has a roadblock in front of every turn

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

At least you're open and honest about it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Huh? The mess Obama walked into was the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. We lost 800k jobs his first month in office. He came into office at the end of two wars.

Trump whining about coming into a mess is a joke.

His problem was all economic which was taken care of by the fed pumping money into the market.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

You must be talking about what Clinton did with 93 federal judges.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

1. What does that have to do with Mattis and the military?

2. Will you provide a detailed list of Trump & Mattis' military plans and a list of the specific Obama appointees who are preventing actual steps in Trump & Mattis plans? If not, it sounds like a vague excuse for a political purge. Unless your point was that Trump and Mattis are no different than Clinton?

edit on 16-2-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2017 by enlightenedservant because: clarified

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

The subject was about a purge. Purge the judicial system to favor your own. What could be wrong with that?

Trump has gone no where near a political purge but if those in the ranks keep blocking him and the congress, yes, do it.

Obama made a point of putting appointees in place for just this reason.

So much for leaving the office with grace and dignity.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join