It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin students demand free tuition for black students

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

A saying I've heard many times in my past. . . . . They should nut up or shut up. Because this crying crap and demanding free stuff is ####ing stupid.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree, crying for one group of people to get free college is an insult.

Should college should be free of charge? That that is another discussion.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Wasn't this already addressed back in 1944 when the United Negro College Fund was founded?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Disclaimer: I am a UW alumni. Go Badgers!

Even when I went there during the Stone Age, there was a protest pretty much weekly. Never did they run out of causes which required some kind of attention.

At the time I wondered 'don't these kids have classes to go to?' Maybe it was just that I sucked at school and struggled. Maybe I was jealous of those who could fritter away days on Bascom Hill trying to Free Tibet! and still graduate.

I do remember the student body being pretty diverse for the demographics of the region. Lots of foreign students too. Good stuff for a university experience.

I can state unequivocally for my time, there wasn't anything keeping it out of reach of anybody who could make the academic cut. Things may have changed but I doubt it. Sorry if a major university has an academic bar to get in. Sorry if there's a price tag too. I agree it's pretty insane now-a-days but that's for another discussion.

I'm not sure what this student group wants. Should the Board of Regents drive around the country and kidnap college age kids of the "proper ethnicity and geographical origin" at gun point? You are for now and ever more a Badger. Get to studying! Enjoy the diversity or die!

I agree colleges are too pricey today. I agree too many high schools do not properly prepare kids for the university. There will be affects from this. Few like them. But these are functions of society at large and need to be addressed to society at large. Some downstream institution cannot hope to make ridiculous changes and fix that which it cannot touch.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Not enough i suppose.

Oddly enough the United Negro College Fund only go by the acronym, not the full written out name, odd.
uncf.org...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
So if they passed this wouldn't all students just self identify as black?? And then if you refuse your infringing on their civil rights. Once one group is granted free college by any stretch you would have to offer it to all.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I wish I could answer that one, but nothing surprises me with these idiots.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

Welcome to being "rich" and being soaked for it. You didn't earn that. You stole it from someone, so they're just taking it back you know.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: dragonridr

I wish I could answer that one, but nothing surprises me with these idiots.

I would think so.

After all, if a person can just wake up one day and self identify as a gender that contradicts their biology and have it be accepted as valid because their brain says so, then I fail to see why they can't do the same with ethnic identity.

I am a 3-year-old Tibetan monk named Dhargey now and how dare you say I am not. It is how I feel today. Now tomorrow, my brain might decide I am a 60-year-old Masaai herder.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Seems like the whole racial thing is planned, Obama did his part, Hillary the faint was supposed to do hers.

Then we got an ooops. Trump is the ooooops that they did not see coming. They could have sworn the 1.5 billion that she/they spent was enough to buy those idiots in fly over country. They were wrong.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

These students who think so are welcome to pay for it to make it a reality.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

So which institution will be the brave equality fighter and demand free tuition for White students?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

That's racist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join