It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin students demand free tuition for black students

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Can't make this stuff up.

Black students should be offered free housing and tuition, all becasue the were barred from education during slavery. This is the opinion of the student govt.

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Black students should be offered free tuition and housing at the University of Wisconsin-Madison because blacks were legally barred from education during slavery and university remains out of reach for black students today, the student government said Wednesday.
hosted.ap.org...

Students from suburban schools are over represented, and the student govt said that SAT and ACT restrict the poor and up holds "white supremacy".
The university is moving to slow for the students, and if they don't challenge it then the racial composition will remain "stagnant".

The Associated Students of Madison said in a resolution that students from suburban high schools are overrepresented. The group said consideration of ACT and SAT scores in applications restricts opportunities for the poor and thus upholds "white supremacy."

"The university's rhetoric suggests that it is committed to diversity and inclusion, so this legislation compels the university to move towards action - which is imperative," the resolution's author, ASM Student Council Rep. Tyriek Mack, said in a statement. "If no one challenges the university's empty promises, then the racial composition will remain stagnant."

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

That's going to improve the campus academic culture of the University of Wisconsin. They're going to have a hard time maintaining their academic status for inclusion in the Big 10 if they drop academic standards like that.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Yes, poor schools make poor students.

Good students are able to make up the difference by actually applying themselves.

Yes there is institutionalised racism in America, NO it is not coming from universities.

If you give free school to one, then give it to everybody. The university doesn't care about your skin color, it cares about if you can pay the bill.

And doesn't matter if you're white or black, if you can't pay, you cant' study.

University campuses are becoming a festering ground of hate and intolerance for anybody who isn't a minority. And the worst part, is that technically the student union are the ones who are racist because they think they know whats best for minorities.

Sad.

~Tenth
edit on 2/16/2017 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I am for helping people who need it, but this move would eliminate people from college because of the color of their skin.

This is what happens when you have 8 years of, as Obama put it, "being down for the struggle". People start to believe that they can't do it themselves.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Correct,

I think this is because race was first and for most on everyone's mind because the last 8 years EVERYTHING was racism.

The Obama tree is still bearing hateful fruit.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

What if there is such a thing as reincarnation? Any one of us could have gone through this.

I am Irish, Danish, German not sure what else. I read many stories of Irish slaves in the past, and would consider it ridiculous to ask for my fellow working Americans to pay for my college based on such a baseless premise.

Now I have no problem with retraining, but it would be unfair to receive free college educations based on skin color alone.

Have people no common sense.

Would like to mention I knew a few girls who were trained through welfare for specific careers, then later stated
They didn't want to work in that field.

They should have to pay that money back imo.

edit on 16-2-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

THere have been lots and lots of people who were enslaved. Different colors different times.

If these people quit putting their effort into worrying about this SJW (silly name) stuff they would be much further ahead.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Correct,

I think this is because race was first and for most on everyone's mind because the last 8 years EVERYTHING was racism.

Well no, I don't blame Obama, the SJW thing was going on way before Obama took office, the problem is he didn't do anything about the insanity when he could have.

He had a podium that he could have used to temper the extremists, and never did.

But I won't blame the woes of a whole minority group on one POTUS.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I am for helping people who need it, but this move would eliminate people from college because of the color of their skin.

This is what happens when you have 8 years of, as Obama put it, "being down for the struggle". People start to believe that they can't do it themselves.

There is a difference between helping people who need it and eliminating academic standards for people of certain skin colors because you think they are too oppressed to perform.

The group said consideration of ACT and SAT scores in applications restricts opportunities for the poor and thus upholds "white supremacy.

If the problem is lack of financial opportunity to take those tests, then subsidize their costs, but don't drop them altogether for one group as opposed to another.

Because basically I see this group saying that it's wrong to expect certain groups to measure up to academic standards at all and to expect to pay at all. Don't they already know that those test scores are already given bonuses or penalties according to your ethnicity as it is? Asians are the most penalized.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I think ht has whipped this SJW (silly name) crap into a frenzy.
With classic quotes like it I has a son he would look... and the police acted stupidly.

If the pres doesn't do something when there is a problem, in fact he whipped the crowds into a frenzy, he didn't do his job. I do assign some responsibility to Obama.

, the problem is he didn't do anything about the insanity when he could have.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I did say some, just not all.

I mean, there's nothing POTUS can really do about the institutions and the places that actually discriminate. It would take a national effort to fix those problems without us just throwing money at it like we have the last 50 years.

Economically speaking, pretty much everybody that's not making over 80K is oppressed in some way or another. It's sure as hell not a reason to give something to anybody for free as we both agree.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I agree with that, there needs to be universal standards so getting an overpriced college education means something.

If we throw the standards out for some, this will be a disaster.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Agreed.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Correct,

Well no, I don't blame Obama, the SJW thing was going on way before Obama took office, the problem is he didn't do anything about the insanity when he could have.

He had a podium that he could have used to temper the extremists, and never did.

But I won't blame the woes of a whole minority group on one POTUS.

~Tenth

I'm sorry, but the militant, racist SJWs we have now were not around or at least not as main stream until Obama took office. Also, where do you see "institutionalized racism"?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
How would they deal with students of mixed race? Make them take some strange genetics test? Go by the colour of whether they're really light skinned black, or dark skinned white? I once knew a girl who was very white skinned, and both her biological parents were black. A genetic test would say she was a white skinned, freckled black person.

Would mixed race pay half price tuition?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I think State run universities should be free to all American citizens with a single standard.

I could deal with taxes for that.

It's the ridiculous money being dumped into sports, coaches salaries and Govt. subsidies that are driving the cost of college.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

That is true too.

It's like a problem has been created just to have something to keep everyone looking in this direction.

Mean while culturally we are more separated now than 8 years ago.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I am Irish, who should I send my lawyer after?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It would be far more affordable if degrees actually only covered mainly what you were studying instead of that plus a ton of other courses in order to get your degree.

Instead, college is your degree area + enough credits to repeat your high school diploma because it needs to be "well-rounded" but that's really only there to justify all the professors they hire and keep on staff.

The well-rounded education bit should be your high school diploma and if American education wasn't crap, it still would be.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

~Tenth

To be more precise, (from what I personally researched,) the source of the SJW movement goes back hundreds of years. I wont get into the full details, but I would advice you to look into the Jesuit order, their involvements with the brownshirts and so on.

There is some truth there. (if not the whole truth.)

But as far as the student demands go, to me personally it's a tactic using the victim state mentality. A form of manipulation to try and get what they want.

Us Christians call this the Jezebel spirit. It controls you through insults, emotional manipulation, undermining and no matter how much logic one has, the Jezebel or the SJW (in this case) will try to exhaust you through falsehoods and keep you locked inside a box, within an environment they can control.

I'm just pointing out a possible source for you. (though to me it's already a fact.)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join