It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter CEO warns that the US may be on the brink of their own Arab Spring style uprising.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Don't you guys think they could be saying that to embolden the people on the fringes.
With all these arrests going on what if it really is a large part of the government that would have to be taken down..
One way to stop that from happening is to incite riots and sustained riots and "arab spring" events..

then the investigations are stopped the government goes into martial law..

whatever whatever.

the CEO of twiiter is not exactly a trustworthy guy to be getting information from.

the #s know how to fight violence they'll just send in tanks and microwave guns and LRADs and whatever else they need. INvestigations will be paused or stopped..

nah..

What they can't fight anymore though they are trying is the spread of information.

this information from ceo of twitter seems like a call to action or a way of supporting the idea in people's minds of revolution. If people aren't thinking about it it can't happen.. So gotta get people thinking it..

Did you guys see the CNN article where they claim Trump got in through a peaceful transition of power but now all signs point to him shaking things up and making a government inside the government.. Accusing Trump of a future coup..

seems like if high up people will be arrested for real crimes this is CNNs way of getting ahead of the story and framing it as a coup.

One way to stop the FBI from going after you is to pause the government with revolution that you will squash later, causing chaos enough for you to put your ducks back in the proper arrangement.

that's just one way of looking at it.. The media seems hell bent on seeding distrust in government trying to make it illegitimate at every angle.. That tells me I should lean to the way I wrote this post as being most likely. The other angle is that people really are that unhappy (for no real apparent reason)..

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Except this movement doesn't care about any of that, just so long as the POTUS is a race/sex baiting Democrat.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That's a loaded statement.

Everybody is a hypocrite. Nobody takes responsibility.

This situation is on all of us.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
And every one of those countries ended up being ruled by a dicatorial muslim theocracy. That is not a promising prospect.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Let the snowflakes uprise, they won't make it out of their cities when the 3 day supply of food and gasoline runs out. Pull up a chair, get some popcorn and watch them ravage themselves. Which side do you think the hard working truckers would be on? Would 90% of America care? When federal funds get cut off from California and the whole state goes dark from not paying their energy bill, maybe they can pledge allegiance to Lil Kim to borrow a lightbulb or two. This is some funny speculation. Welfare and foodstamps stop flowing....ya they are headed to the good life with a twitter fake news arab spring lol.

You do realize they don't ravage the only cities... when you have the vast majority of the US population flood the rural areas. The rural area fall.

No small 20,000 person community is standing up to New York's 7 million.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Better get a boat!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Never bring your car to a tractor fight, is all I'm saying

Christ, New Yorker's would have to take an Uber to the fight.
edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: added2

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Obviously!

How involved were the US intel agencies in those uprisings...

Its obvious the US Intel agencies are doing everything they can in the US to cause conflict against Trump..

luckily, only the stupid are falling for it!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer

Well this will be good. Those coastal city denizens charging into the fly-over country. Turkey shoot comes to mind.

I take it that you are willing to kill American citizens, for what exactly?

I think a bullet to the head is a reasonable response to knot heads trying to spray me with mace, hit me with something or threatening to physically abuse me because they are upset with the election outcome. I sure am not going to take that from anyone, I don't care how upset the poor dears are.

I carry and while I don't really want to have to use it, I will to protect myself. I keep a few 33 round sticks handy just in case.

I've seen plenty of bloody carnage from motor vehicle accidents, gun shots, other accidents and surgery as well a hunting, fishing and butchering hogs while cooking fresh ground sausage.

So, I might not like it but just because they are another American citizen cuts no ice with me.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Will real America finally rise up and completely take back our country from progressive idiots who seek to destroy everything that made America great?

I sure hope so.

We have already took back the Presidency.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

ts obvious the US Intel agencies are doing everything they can in the US to cause conflict against Trump..

That thought did cross my mind too...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Arab Spring you say?

So the CIA is going to organise a series of riots and terrorist attacks in an attempt to topple the Government, when this inevitably fails they'll flood the US with Islamist mercenaries from Mexico and Canada?

Sounds like the pretense for a pretty dire B-rate action film. I'd pay to see it though.

But to be serious the problem is pretty severe. I think at the very least political violence (particularly from the "left" in America) will continue to escalate to the point there are multiple riots happening simultaneously across the country that rival the LA riots in scale.

I think, given the seditious, treasonous rhetoric coming from the vocal (but shrinking) left and their media friends, the threat of an attempted insurrection is very real.
edit on -060007pm2kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
And every one of those countries ended up being ruled by a dicatorial muslim theocracy. That is not a promising prospect.

I don't think that's accurate.

Libya just collapsed entirely into total anarchy, with no state to speak of. Currently the most powerful faction in the seemingly eternal civil war are populist secularists backed by Egypt and Russia.

Syria's Islamist uprising failed due to a total lack of popular support, and Al-Assad is going to win that war sooner rather than later at the current rate. So that secularist isn't going anywhere.

Egypt's Pro-US Government was replaced, temporarily, by the Radical Pro-Saudi Muslim Brotherhood, but they were quickly overthrown by the military, who installed a Pro-Russian secularist.

Tunisia's deposed Pro-US Dictator was actually replaced by a Secular Left wing Populist, so no Islamists there either.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well, the Arab Spring was driven by social media...and it's possible the raw data shows similar trends. The crucial difference though is that we already exist in a so-called democracy (yeah, yeah..constitutional republic). That has to come into play, right?

I dunno, this reads more like wishful thinking from the tech sector, which is diametrically opposed to everything Trump.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I don't listen to political advice from Liberal pile of Jack sh*t at Twitter.
He is trying to incite all the Leftists on Twitter to rise up with statements like that, I hope it happens though.
We will find out what they are made of, which is not much.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I don't know how close we are to settling our internal political differences through force of arms rather than the ways we've done so more peacefully than not in our history. We are however closer than we've been in my 4 decades. I pray it does not come to that. I find it disconcerting that so many on both sides seem more loyal to parties and ideas than Country.

We have several avenues not even explored before people start talking about violence. Conventions of States, Winning the Next One, and Rebuilding Your Party into something that appeals to enough people to build a winning coalition all take longer than two months. Violence is the quick way to affect political change, true, but it often has unintended and unanticipated consequences that spiral out of control.

The most recent closely contested elections in the US resulted in virtually zero violence by the losing party of either side. With the exception of Obama's second election, every election since '92 has been pretty close. 2000 was closer than this one, and there was more doubt about the legitimacy of the count. Why violence now?

I don't know if the divisions currently are 1960's or 1850's levels of division right now, that is also bothersome.

Interesting times, indeed.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Let the snowflakes uprise, they won't make it out of their cities when the 3 day supply of food and gasoline runs out. Pull up a chair, get some popcorn and watch them ravage themselves. Which side do you think the hard working truckers would be on? Would 90% of America care? When federal funds get cut off from California and the whole state goes dark from not paying their energy bill, maybe they can pledge allegiance to Lil Kim to borrow a lightbulb or two. This is some funny speculation. Welfare and foodstamps stop flowing....ya they are headed to the good life with a twitter fake news arab spring lol.

You do realize they don't ravage the only cities... when you have the vast majority of the US population flood the rural areas. The rural area fall.

No small 20,000 person community is standing up to New York's 7 million.

Lol, after they run out of food after 3 days and the gas stations are all closed they won't be going anywhere. Their anarchist burning and looting would have shut down all utilities, services and the ability to even get aid to them.
Are they going to march out like a zombie horde of the half dead across the land after all of their commie bullhorn leaders abandon them?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Are they going to march out like a zombie horde of the half dead across the land after all of their commie bullhorn leaders abandon them?

I find it ironic that you call the leftist commies when it's Trump that has the bromance with Putin the super commie.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

It'll never happen. Americans are too lazy and apathetic. The couch potatoes can't get their heads out from their iPhones, or tear themselves away from their Netflix and Kardashian reruns, long enough to run to the fridge, let alone stage an uprising.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Welfare and foodstamps stop flowing....ya they are headed to the good life

Would 90% of America care?

Which side do you think the hard working >>>regular person made to feel superior because of physical capability, being thereby able to work in a regular job

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join