It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter CEO warns that the US may be on the brink of their own Arab Spring style uprising.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
In the wake of recent events and the current level of political distrust it is not surprising that we are seeing forcasts like this. Twitter patterns from the Arab spring now mimicking US tweets..

Speaking at a tech conference in San Francisco on Wednesday, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey warned that the US may be on the brink of their own Arab Spring style uprising.

Dorsey explained that the level of political discourse, and grievances, currently taking place on Twitter in the US is similar to how it was used in the Middle East prior to the Arab Spring and the Green Revolution in Iran.

wearechange.org...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It can't come soon enough. Lets just hope it more of the peaceful variety.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Oh, it'll be bloody.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

The people are pissed.. No matter what side of the fence they're on!

Change is in the air..

Keep them coming purp..

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I thought that was already happening?
edit on 16-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Soros must have seen a leverage point and decided time to act .

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Well this will be good. Those coastal city denizens charging into the fly-over country. Turkey shoot comes to mind.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: fluff007

That's what I have said for quite a while. People of all creeds, shapes, sizes, colors, et cetera, are sick of the bull#. An uprising has been approaching for at least the last 10 years...
edit on 16-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Let the snowflakes uprise, they won't make it out of their cities when the 3 day supply of food and gasoline runs out. Pull up a chair, get some popcorn and watch them ravage themselves. Which side do you think the hard working truckers would be on? Would 90% of America care? When federal funds get cut off from California and the whole state goes dark from not paying their energy bill, maybe they can pledge allegiance to Lil Kim to borrow a lightbulb or two. This is some funny speculation. Welfare and foodstamps stop flowing....ya they are headed to the good life with a twitter fake news arab spring lol.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
How's Michael Moore's perpetual Occupy the White House movement going so far? I havent checked.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Exactly what BS is everyone sick of, and exactly who or what will these people be rising up against?
edit on 16-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Who cares what the CEO of twitter thinks?

He can't even keep his own stock price afloat.

I swear to god if Liberals ( and i'm a social liberal) try to stage some kind of uprising and compare it to Egypt, my god, we really have lost all of our collective minds.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I honestly cannot say I'm surprised. I've been thinking we will certainly have our own for a year or so now.

-Alee

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer

Well this will be good. Those coastal city denizens charging into the fly-over country. Turkey shoot comes to mind.

I take it that you are willing to kill American citizens, for what exactly?
edit on 16-2-2017 by olaru12 because: n@^B

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

If Twitter continues with the disgusting policy of censoring pro Trump supporters and give carte blanche to all his haters by openly keeping anti trump comments at the top of every of his post, that will happen and maybe sooner than we think. As soon as President Trump posts something on Twitter, within seconds you'd see almost the same names bashing and attacking him on every topic. Try to make a positive comment and it disappears and doesn't show at the top. But the negative ones are always the first.

edit on 16-2-2017 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Exactly what BS is everyone sick of, and exactly who or what will these people be rising up against?

Apparently it started back in 2015,

Published on

Sunday, June 07, 2015

by

Common Dreams

The American Spring Has Begun

Source

Oh wait, maybe it was 2014,

Operation American Spring

Source

No no, it was 2016,

The American Spring

By janharrell

Wednesday Nov 09, 2016 · 2:04 PM EST

Source

Nothing more than crying wolf, this stuff is dragged out all the time and means nothing.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sign says no trespassing.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Let the snowflakes uprise, they won't make it out of their cities when the 3 day supply of food and gasoline runs out. Pull up a chair, get some popcorn and watch them ravage themselves. Which side do you think the hard working truckers would be on? Would 90% of America care? When federal funds get cut off from California and the whole state goes dark from not paying their energy bill, maybe they can pledge allegiance to Lil Kim to borrow a lightbulb or two. This is some funny speculation. Welfare and foodstamps stop flowing....ya they are headed to the good life with a twitter fake news arab spring lol.

You forgot Rx drugs. A quarter of the nation would be dead within a month if they didn't have their insulins, immunosupressants, and blood pressure meds to keep them alive. Another quarter would go nuts from opiate and SSRI withdrawals.

A revolution would be civil suicide and the feds know it.
edit on 16-2-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What bull#? The perpetual warfare. The constant government overspending. The corruption which exists within the government due to the essential corporate takeover. The move towards the militarization of our police force. The list list goes on. "What bull#?" Come on now. :/ :/

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

For fun by the sound of it. God there are some sick people out there.
edit on 16-2-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join