It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Press Conference Was a Joke

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So....you're whining about me whining? I feel like you just chastised me for that in another thread.

Quaint.

I did offer my opinion - the press conference is exactly however you perceive it to have been, which is mostly dependent on how you feel about Trump. Sorry that sailed over your head buddy.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Shep is like a Volvo with a gun rack, makes you look twice and try to figure out what the hell am I seeing and hearing?

Gotta give him props for not towing the fox news line though.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Personally think all the yahoos in DC are batsh!t crazy the press included. But that's just me. The game continues. Only seen bits and piece of the press conference. It was a Trump conference done the way only he could do it. I don't think he really cares what anyone thinks about how he does press conferences and never will.

link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
I'm convinced seeking alpha is a troll. Alpha is your handle on another site "MillionDollarBonus? same style of weaksauce comments.

Anyone who claims California is the greatest state in the union has to have a screw loose somewhere. Most press conferences are lame. That's because the press acts like a herd of monkeys yelling out at the podium with a complete lack of decorum. And we're supposed to believe these people are adults? And I mean ALL press conferences, including Obama's. The difference here is Trump has put these yokels on notice that there's a new sheriff in town and that the press does not run the show They're all butt hurt about it. Tough.
edit on 2/16/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

In my case, it had less to do with how I felt about Trump and a lot more to do with how I feel about the national press.

I've felt for a long time, long before Trump, that they've been biased and held obvious double standards. They need to be smacked around with a rolled up newspaper.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Don't disagree with that at all. The press doesn't do journalism anymore. Impartiality means little.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

He's a Fat "Has Been" that is a failure at comedy, the Libtards are mesmerized to see him play a bad POTUS

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Eh, if you pay attention, FOX does have a representation of views. Most people just assume it's all one note all the time.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: RightInThere

"The leaks are real, but the news is fake. So that is impossible. [President Trump] is saying the information in the leaks is accurate. After all it is the reason he fired Mike Flynn. It is very confusing."

The leaks regarding Trump's phone call with Australian president Turnbull and Mexico's president Nieto have been deemed false by both Turnbull and Nieto themselves.

Too bad for your argument the comment was about Flynn.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Eh, if you pay attention, FOX does have a representation of views. Most people just assume it's all one note all the time.

Depends on the time of day. It's few and far between like all the networks.

You get one or 2 anchors who aren't afraid to ask hard questions and go against the coverage bias of their own network and the rest just play marionette.

I don't consider any of the big 3 to be a beacon of journalistic integrity. After all, if that was the case, there would actually be some laws surrounding that.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Too bad for Shepard that Trump's comment wasn't.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

So....you're whining about me whining? I feel like you just chastised me for that in another thread.

Quaint.

I did offer my opinion - the press conference is exactly however you perceive it to have been, which is mostly dependent on how you feel about Trump. Sorry that sailed over your head buddy.

I was asking for your opinion on the press conference, not what you think of other's opinions. Sorry you cannot comprehend that.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Too bad for Shepard that Trump's comment wasn't.

Thankfully it is easy for people to characterize for themselves which is which by simply watching the press conference.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
He let Flynn resign because he was dishonest with VP Pence, and then Flynn played the I can't remember card. He explicitly stated that's not acceptable.

He only told the world that very thing multiple times during the Press Conference. But no, the fake news angle of the Russians, the Russians, the Russians ad nauseam.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Sheppard Smith has NEVER said a good word about Trump, though. He was one of the tighter FOX sphincters on election night as the reality of the situation unfolded.

I watched the whole thing and found it to be a great presser by our President. He's playing the right people right now and the funniest thing is many of them are too damn stupid to even realize how badly they're being played.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I gave my opinion on it in my very first comment, then restated it when you were confused by it. It's pretty simple, but I'll try to dumb it down a little more since it's apparently complicated:

My opinion on it is that viewers will get out of it exactly what they want to get out of it, regardless of what side of the aisle they're on. My opinion is that if we have four years worth of daily press conference discussions on ATS to look forward to, that's bigly awesome and exciting.

And to spare everybody else participating in the thread 8 pages of you going all over the map to try and concoct some sort of 'gotcha!' moment in the infantile pissing contest you seem to want to engage in every time you see my avatar, I'll go ahead and tell you that you're right and your stream went further than mine, and end my engagement with you here.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Mr. Trump IS doing what he does best in his brief political career.

He appeals to his acolytes followers.

That tactic would seem to have a limited shelf-life if he truly wants to be the President of "all Americans' as he has said.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I'll risk a warning ...

BRAVO! BRAVISSIMO!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Notice how you always form your opinions based on other people's opinions? You are so upset that other people liked the conference you felt the need to make this thread? Attention much? Lighten up man everything is going to be OK. Unless you keep stressing yourself over such insignificant things..

In a list of failing logic and debate strategy this is what is known as poisoning the well.
Discredit the opponent instead of actually contributing to the debate.

web.cn.edu...
Personal Attack (Argumentum Ad Hominem, literally, "argument toward the man." Also called "Poisoning the Well"): Attacking or praising the people who make an argument, rather than discussing the argument itself. This practice is fallacious because the personal character of an individual is logically irrelevant to the truth or falseness of the argument itself. The statement "2+2=4" is true regardless if it is stated by criminals, congressmen, or pastors.

edit on 2162017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Feb 16 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: ADDED EX TAGS and SOURCE IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join