It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Press Conference Was a Joke

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Whixh part was a joke to you? The part you didn't like, or the part you didn't like?

a reply to: SeekingAlpha

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: leftrightleftright
Whixh part was a joke to you? The part you didn't like, or the part you didn't like?

a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Most people I know thought the whole thing was a joke, regardless of their political beliefs. Just a bunch of babbling and half-truths with a few blatant lies mixed in to keep it colorful.

Conservatives need to learn that blunt ≠ honest.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
That was actually the best, most entertaining press conference I've ever seen in my 47 years of life.

I still don't like Trump all that much (I'm a 'centrist'), but man, is he entertaining. And I love that he's calling out the establishment the way he is.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Sounds like an Obama press conference.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: X88B88

“You know what uranium is, right? This thing called nuclear weapons, like lots of things are done with uranium, including some bad things.”

Hmm, Trump speaks, before the world
Very erudite

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Shep is a liberal but he has some real gems.

During Michael Jackson's funeral it was Shep who said, "They shut down the freeway for this?!"

I'm not much of a Shep fan, in fact I think he's a prissy blowhard. But....I love watching Shepherd and Chris Wallace together. The dynamic is fascinating. Wallace seems to take any chance he can to pick on Shep, and Smith seems continuously over defensive and spiteful.

My favorite, the chapstick war;

Chapstick continued;

Wallace makes Shep look like a jerk;

As far as Trump's press conferences...I love them. I hope he does it continuously for the next 8 years. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside watching him smack the media around for their blatant bias and manipulative, slanted reporting. If he's a bit crude, inarticulate, and orange...so what. He's far better than anything else we had to choose from, and certainly our best chance at dismantling the corruption and resetting our government to do for it's people instead of for itself.

edit on 19-2-2017 by MartinD28 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2017 by MartinD28 because: grammar

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
You must be kidding. He just makes himself look childish and thick.

'Can I have a friendly reporter with a simple question please?'
*friendly guy asks about combating antisemitism*
'BLARRGHH I AM NOT ANTISEMITIC RAR RAR RAR SIT DOWN TOO COMPLICATED'

I couldn't believe when he then went on to say any attacks in trump's name = liberals doing it to make him look bad. I mean that's just an incredibly ignorant response. Maybe stop shirking responsibility and address the issue.

He doesn't listen. He hears what he wants to hear. Anything else is fake news.

And the uranium thing was one of the most hilarious things I've ever heard. He sounded like an absolute buffoon and yet the cult here still won't acknowledge at least that.
edit on 19-2-2017 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
A lot of what he was saying was obviously just exasperation which, while I don't agree with him, I can at least try to empathize with. (I try to always think of everyone as a human being, even presidents, even those I profoundly disagree with. Also, while extremely spry and willful for his age, we also have to remember the man is a man in his 70s under an enormous amount of stress and in a situation he has been forced to rapidly acclimate to. That's not ageism, I'm just saying I wouldn't want my own mother or father subjected to this level of stress as I KNOW it would be detrimental to them, so on a human level, whatever my disagreements with him, that always goes through my mind when thinking about politicians of a certain age on both sides of the isle.)

But the part that I found unsettling was when a reporter was extremely complimentary to him, and even said he disliked how much of the press had treated Trump. He also noted that he had been "very good" to Trump throughout his campaign. The President seemed pleased by this and allowed him to ask his question. He then asked an extremely simple, straightforward question. The most softball question imaginable imo, that all the President had to do - whether he agreed or disagreed - was say such acts are unacceptable and he would work to prevent them... but he instead began complaining about how he was deceived by the reporter into thinking it would be an easy question, and then never answered. When others expressed dismay at this, he repeated, "Quiet! Quiet! Quiet!"

I'm sorry but there is just no rationalizing that one away for me. Even if you (or the President) believe that this was a gotcha question or an implication that you don't feel matches reality, or an attempt to associate the President with something you believe is out of his hands... it's still an easy question. All one has to say is, "I firmly believe I have nothing to do with such acts, but where they occur, they are unacceptable, I oppose them obviously, and will do all I can to stamp them out."

Instead, he became frustrated by the lack of a "nice, easy question." This is not something I can overlook, I'm sorry. Despite disagreeing with and having grave concerns about the policy positions of our president, I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and, once he started appointing people from the financial industry that have driven previous administrations and I became more circumspect, I still have tried to extend to him the basic human compassion and empathy I do everyone, even those I disagree with... and I am still going to do that... I'm not going to insult him, or his supporters.

But this speaks, imo, to someone far more than simply tired, exacerbated, or opinionated. He is treating even the simplest questions as "unfair," when all he has to do is clearly, calmly state his position and move on.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
@AceWombat you make an excellent point. What concerns me is that the majority of trump supporters on here won't even concede that he handled that extremely poorly. They'll just excuse it and deflect. Blind faith is dangerous.

Did you hear about his comments yesterday regarding Sweden? It was a documentary. I mean come on. Watch less tv dude.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join