It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Press Conference Was a Joke

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Do you think that the government that Mr. Trump will put in place will be significantly different than what you just described?

If so, how so?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

No they don't. This isn't grade school.

Yes, they do.
And lately, the White House is indeed "grade school."

So - you were wrong twice in one brief post! Try harder.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
With a little time to consider it ... and watch it from end to end ... here's my conclusion: Trump gave a bravura performance.

He's playing the same role he had on The Apprentice.

"YOU'RE FIRED!" *theatrical scowl*

He is now dominating the news cycles and there's no room for Flynn or Russia.

Next week (and probably for the next few years) it'll be the Trial of Hillary Clinton.

Don't underestimate him or those advising him.

They may not be smart in the traditional sense, but they are cunning as hell.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
With a little time to consider it ... and watch it from end to end ... here's my conclusion: Trump gave a bravura performance.

He's playing the same role he had on The Apprentice.

"YOU'RE FIRED!" *theatrical scowl*

He is now dominating the news cycles and there's no room for Flynn or Russia.

Next week (and probably for the next few years) it'll be the Trial of Hillary Clinton.

Don't underestimate him or those advising him.

They may not be smart in the traditional sense, but they are cunning as hell.

... and Trump for his flaws remains a consummate showman who richly deserves his Star.
edit on 17-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The only way he can play it is like a 'reality-tv' show.
Firing people and making up things to say. I don't think it will be four years. But I might very well be mistaken.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm always grateful to pop into the legendary ATS discussion board. Whenever I get tired of the insipid window licking dysentery of social media, I can retreat to hard-hitting insight like this.

Thank you for expanding the range of my optic nerves. I have to be cautious now, my eyes can nearly roll like two little owls...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Very fair points, Gryphon. Kudos for that.

We have most of Trump's life on record in one form or another. It is true he is a reality TV star, real-estate mogul, hyperbolic, womanizing blowhard—and I don't think that comes as any surprise—but what needs to be determined, to me at least, is whether that is a bad thing.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Very fair points, Gryphon. Kudos for that.

We have most of Trump's life on record in one form or another. It is true he is a reality TV star, real-estate mogul, hyperbolic, womanizing blowhard—and I don't think that comes as any surprise—but what needs to be determined, to me at least, is whether that is a bad thing.

It's not a bad thing. Washington has long needed to have their baffles blown out.

Kennedy was also a womanizer. Teddy Roosevelt was a bombastic egotist. Reagan was a talented entertainer.

I'd like to see him start at least listening to the more moderate positions at some point... so far, he's on the extreme edge that he campaigned on (and made promises on) ... but that edge will not allow him to successfully govern the country AT LARGE if he truly (and I think he does when he's not in hissy-fit mode) wants to be the President of ALL AMERICANS.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

It's not a bad thing. Washington has long needed to have their baffles blown out.

Kennedy was also a womanizer. Teddy Roosevelt was a bombastic egotist. Reagan was a talented entertainer.

I'd like to see him start at least listening to the more moderate positions at some point... so far, he's on the extreme edge that he campaigned on (and made promises on) ... but that edge will not allow him to successfully govern the country AT LARGE if he truly (and I think he does when he's not in hissy-fit mode) wants to be the President of ALL AMERICANS.

I agree with you. Sadly I think his ego is so large that until he gets positive press he will continue to be distracted by them, and in so doing, miss out on opportunities to prove them wrong.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Agreed.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I agree with you. Sadly I think his ego is so large that until he gets positive press he will continue to be distracted by them, and in so doing, miss out on opportunities to prove them wrong.

He could get positive press if he would become untriggered and stop insulting, lying and acting like a privileged dork.

The cognative shortcuts don't help either.....sound familiar?
edit on 17-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
1. One tenth of one percent of the total decisions from Federal Appeals Courts that SCOTUS agreed to hear, 80 percent OF THAT SMALL PORTION OF DECISIONS that the SC agreed to hear that were from the Ninth Circuit were reversed.

It's a tiny number of the Ninth's overall decisions that have been overturned by SCOTUS.

2. Press has lower approval rate than Congress. IF Trump didn't know the numbers, perhaps he shouldn't have made a statement regarding them on national TV. If it wasn't an intentional lie, surely was an ignorant misstatement.

3. Hillary Clinton didn't "sell" anything to anyone, least of all uranium. Talk about squinting at gnats.

4. The claims of contact of Trump personnel with Russian officials have been verified, latest case, Mr. Flynn. (Confirmed by President Trump himself.)

Trump’s son Donald Trump Jr. made that very claim at a real estate conference in New York in 2008, saying “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets.” Donald Trump Jr. added, “we see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”

Washington Post (It's well-known and not disputed before anyone does the "Fake News" crap)

6. Only Rasmussen has Trump's approval at 55%. Pew had him at 39%. Yes, the most positive poll (and Rasmussen is known to be tilted toward Republican interests). Gallup had him at 41%. Yes, the 55% is the most positive possible "pick."

Wow, ok. Your right we are living in different Realities.

1. yeah so? Of course he was talking about the supreme court. Does trump have to specify in a 1000 word answer or can you give him even a tiny benefit of the doubt, Jeez.

2. It's not like he was far off, both congress and the media have dismal approval ratings, and he did couch it saying he was not sure - how that can be called a lie is beyond me.

3. Well a lot of money came to her from that company for some reason. Come on it is common sense it was a payoff, if you can't admit that your bias is extreme. Especially when you realize this is one of dozens of shady clinton foundation deals. It is not a coincidence.

4. That is not what he was asked - EVERYONE knows Flynn talked to the Russian ambassador, he was asked if any OTHER member of his admin had contact with them. He said no, and there is zero proof that is a lie, ZERO.

5. Getting investments from Russia, is not the same as owning anything in Russia. 2008 is a long time ago. The very article you quote says in it Q: Is it true that he has no investments in Russia? A. We don’t really know.
Boy that is great proof he is a liar.

6. I am not disputing there are other polls that show it lower. SO WHAT? THE POINT IS IT WAS NOT A LIE!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Do you think that the government that Mr. Trump will put in place will be significantly different than what you just described?

If so, how so?

I would say that right now he is trying to hold sand in his fist. Its frustratingly futile. I think people are going well beyond being a counterweight to Trump, and moving into obstructive/destructive. I want him kept honest, not roadblocked. I don't think everyone make that distinction. SO with that said, I can imagine its going to continue looking bad for everyone until he can get a grip on that sand.

I think that if he were allowed to move meaningfully without the destructive/obstructive actions of others, we would have a government that was closer to meeting the 3 legged stool test than any we have had in a century.

When was the last time we had a balanced budget and no meaningful debt? Andrew Jackson? Another crackpot that was hated and loved just like Trump.

The main reasons I feel this way:

- He is aggressively pursuing trade negotiations. I hope this results in a short term gain in employment and tax base (to pay down the debt). It can't work long term because humanity is beyond that. Prior leaders knew this, but did not create the new economy needed. We will see if Trump can. At least he is addessing it, and not just pissing on our head and telling us its raining, like has happened since Nixon "opened up China".
- He's the first president that has made what seems to be commitments to return to space. Im not sure how i feel about the ethics of monetizing the moon....but that is the "new economy" model that we are likely going to have to move to if we are to grow the global economy while doing something about inflation. It is also the critical next stop to moving in any real manner off of this planet and into extraterrestrial endeavors. I know this sounds woo....but it isn't. We all stand around with our palms up looking puzzled when it comes to "where do we go from here, economically?" The answer is, "Create new and lucrative markets outside of this planet" The result will be the creation of new and lucrative markets within our planet as well. The next era of innovation, and if it doesn't happen we're screwed.
- He's already routed funding to increase border security, and has already made efforts to restrict entry. The border thing is probably not disputed.

What makes me nervous:

- he's deregulating rather than reregulating. it shouldn't be hard to finance a home for the first time. It SHOULD be hard to work over the tax payers. And any "bail outs" should be based on trickle up methods, helping citizens and not businesses first. If you want to bail out the banks, then force arbitration and incentives to help the home buyer. Something other than what was done.
- His Kanye West level sense of humor, and petty nature
- his cabinet picks. Im mostly intrigued. But a bit nervous. I don't want a de facto corporatocracy

I think he gets it. People want to work, but traditional jobs are going away. Americans have NOT been educated on how to earn in the modern world. This has been a complete atrocity by all prior administrations. At least when i want to school (im 45) they taught us BASIC and Pascal. I have some coding background to call on if needed. Its almost impossible to find anyone in this area who can do anything like that. So he has to figure out how to train Americans for today, and create new markets for tomorrow. And he's approaching it with a total disregard of treaties we have entered into. Which is a fact im not particularly cheering on.
edit on 2/17/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm amazed sane people continue contribute to this site in any degree over the last four years.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

How anyone can look at this drivel and claim masterpiece is beyond me... Sounds like someone on drugs.

“You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that.”
- President Trump

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga

How anyone can look at this drivel and claim masterpiece is beyond me... Sounds like someone on drugs.

“You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that.”
- President Trump

Only if you are looking for something dignified, restrained and typical for a President.

If you're looking for something novel, in-their-face, dismissive of priviledge (as many Trump followers are) what he gave is EXACTLY what was wanted. You see it right here ... our friends who are supporters of Mr. Trump felt that was a singular moment in American politics ... the President was A REAL GUY.

Ask yourself a question, or go find a video of the press conference (you don't have to watch much):

What was the first thing Trump said? That tells you everything you need to know about the performance.

In my opinion.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

How are any of those positive moves/efforts you mentioned being obstructed?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

He could get positive press if he would become untriggered and stop insulting, lying and acting like a privileged dork.

The cognative shortcuts don't help either.....sound familiar?

All said without any irony, I imagine. I think holding standards to others we ourselves refuse to adhere to is a cancer. If Trump became "untriggered", stopped insulting and acting like a privelaged dork, would you?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

How are any of those positive moves/efforts you mentioned being obstructed?

Every last one. From the NSA volunteering as public knowledge that they are holding back info on Trump (and the lack of clarity that gives him) to him having to now turn his attention at squashing a leaky intelligence apparatus that is more interested in fighting him than foreign enemies, and that is more interested in swaying US public opinion than providing actionable intelligence abroad.

Everything Trump has done has been a fight. The media has reduced itself to "fact checking". Meaning, "lets sift through the minutia regardless of relevance.

Im not saying he's a sympathetic character. But its blatantly obvious that people inside his own government are trying to sabotage him.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Wow, thanks for your thorough and honest answers. My understanding is turned 180 degrees from yours.

Mr. Trump, thus far, has not make a single decision or taken a single action that is not extreme. Yes, he is "fulfilling campaign promises" but what a nightmare scenario of doing so. HE is the one that alienated, insulted and has refused to listen to the IC.

HE is the one who has lied and misrepresented and avoided facts, and when called on it by the press, instead of making corrections, he attacks the press.

Yes, there are dangerous elements in the IC and there are unfair representations in the media. But the IC and the media are not 100% evil. That is merely a belief, a point of faith, a propaganda point ... and most importantly, a gross oversimplification

One that is (back to my difference from some of my friends who support Mr. Trump) turned 180 degrees from the truth.

In my opinion.
edit on 18-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: NOted

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join