It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Press Conference Was a Joke

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I typically abstain from voting unless there is something/someone to vote for (not against). So i didn't vote for Trump.

But the ones that I know who did are not people who need to be fixed. They voted for Trump because they want the country fixed. They are perfectly fine, and ready to get to work.

Its not an illness. Its conservative values making a come back. Thank God.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: proximo

No. I see his actions as appalling, by and large, self-serving and irrational.

He's not "taking on the Deep State" ... he's eliminating the competition.

This is why I've been saying it's not just a matter of different opinions that vary slightly on a scene.

We really see two totally different people ... and neither of us are fools.

There is a mechanism at work here, and I have to keep searching until I find it.

I appreciate your words and tone, however.

His words are self-serving, but I would argue everyone's are, some just hide it better than others.

Appalling, I kind of get that - he is definitely not what one is used to seeing in the president, but different is not necessarily bad.

Irrational - you totally lose me there. I didn't see anything irrational yesterday.

Eliminating the competition, yes I agree - he is eliminating the forces working for their own enrichment and power and against the american citizens. Yes the media is a part of that.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
a reply to: veracity

nope. Go for it. I would participate in a "state of the white house" type of thread.

I have been told that i crappily start threads around here. Not so much the subject is crap...but apparently I suck at starting them. You can't be good at everything

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Senate majority leader Mitch McConnel is holding a press conference before Congress takes a vacation. I'd take President Trump's press conference any day. BORING!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Irrational - you totally lose me there. I didn't see anything irrational yesterday.

What rational man lies about things easily proven false. Or believing your own lies is rational? I don't think so....

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

The WH is in chaos because they know this Russian connection is bad, really really bad, believe me, bad.
edit on 17-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

What rational man lies about things easily proven false. Or believing your own lies is rational? I don't think so....

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

The only thing that could be classified as a lie that I am aware of is his margin of victory was the largest in a long time.
To me a lie is something that is intentional and meant to deceive. I don't think that is what that was, I think due to his ego he convinced himself his victory margin was larger than it really was.

What else is a lie?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
duplicate
edit on 17-2-2017 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I think due to his ego he convinced himself his victory margin was larger than it really was. What else is a lie?

So convincing yourself that your lies are truth is rational because of ego? That's insane....

www.rawstory.com...

Now even Fox is beginning to question Trumps credibility....what's that tell you?

variety.com...

edit on 17-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I think due to his ego he convinced himself his victory margin was larger than it really was. What else is a lie?

So convincing yourself that your lies are truth is rational because of ego? That's insane....

Well, he has a really big ego, as we are all aware. I have accepted that as one of his faults, but it also has positive connotations, it allows him to believe he can succeed when others would never even try, ie. get really hard stuff done. How else do you think he became a billionaire real estate mogul or won the presidency with zero political experience?

However you are definitely wrong about that making one insane, everyone believes things about themselves or their past that are not true. Narcissists do fudge history in their favor, and remember differently, as memory is fungible.

You did not answer my question though, what other lies?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

You did not answer my question though, what other lies?

Readem and weep.....

www.politifact.com...

more importantly....

www.washingtonpost.com...

Trump has become almost a Shakespearean type tragic figure ala King Lear. Sad, really really sad, believe me. very sad.
edit on 17-2-2017 by olaru12 because: yea, Brenda

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

What song is that though?

I'm going crazy trying to find it..

EDIT:

Because I own the internet..
edit on 2017217 by DeadMoonJester because: I thought this was gonna be some New Retro Wave stuff.. but apparently it's some kind of - hell if I know.. Death Metal? Death Metal growling or something.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Alright lets go through these politifact supposed lies

1. 9th Circuit not most overturned
It was only 79% overturned, not 80% and the all time record is 87%.

That is total nitpicking - the point was they get overturned at a really high rate and they do. Not a lie in my book or anyone who is not trying real hard to call everything he says a lie.

2. Media has "a lower approval rate than Congress."

Trump said - You have a lower approval rate than Congress, I think that's right, I don't know." How in the hell is that a lie when he is saying he thinks he's right but isn't sure?

3. Hillary Clinton gave Russia 20 percent of the United States’ uranium. This is a reference to the fact that Russia’s nuclear power agency bought a controlling interest in a Toronto-based company. That company has mines, mills and tracts of land in Wyoming, Utah and other U.S. states that amount to about 20 percent of U.S. uranium production capacity (not produced uranium).

Ok so it is 20% of production and not the produced Uranium - that is even worse. And as far as them claiming a lot of other agencies had to approve it besides Hillary - true, but Bill got a speaking gig with the company, and the clinton foundation got millions in donations. Not hard to see it was a quick pro quo for her approval. This statement is true, and I read the wikileaks emails about this and knew it was true before Trump ever mentioned it.

4.Trump denies campaign’s contact with Russia

Once again this brings up the same old tired rumors of manifort etc. But they have no proof, none. This is not a lie until proven otherwise.

5. Trump denies business dealings in Russia. Then it goes on to say -Trump said, "I own nothing in Russia. I have no loans in Russia. I don't have any deals in Russia." It’s true that Trump has yet to build a hotel or tower in Russia, but he has eyed the Moscow skyline for decades.

So let me get this straight, scouting a location in Moscow means Trump is lying? How is that having business there. This article is horse crap.

6. Picking a positive poll. Trump touted results from a recent Rasmussen poll, saying "it has our approval rating at 55 percent and going up."

This is desperation - That is the poll number and it has been going up. There is nothing false at all, and I find it insane this is even listed on here. Name one politician in history that has not pointed to the most positive poll for them instead of mentioning one with worse results.

So as I said, no lies other than the election margin. If this is the best they can come up with, it is really sad anyone is believing this and spouting it as proof trump is a big fat liar.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Thank you for your thoughts even though they are completely erroneous. Maybe you shouldn't rely on your "signals" so much. They apparently lead you astray.

I wasn't talking about Trump or Obama actually. It was more of a philosophical comment. You seemed to have not been "signaled" as to the essence of the comment. Case in point, I wasn't talking about money. You said I was talking about money, then launched into your little speech about money. WTH.

One more thing, don't think for me, by trying to refute what you think I think.

edit on 2/17/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I've sort of given up on people who ask "what lies?" lol. Haven't you?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I typically abstain from voting unless there is something/someone to vote for (not against). So i didn't vote for Trump.

But the ones that I know who did are not people who need to be fixed. They voted for Trump because they want the country fixed. They are perfectly fine, and ready to get to work.

Its not an illness. Its conservative values making a come back. Thank God.

No offense intended. The extreme division in our country now, and quite often a lack of moderates on either side, implies that our country is indeed, experiencing a type of sickness, as a societal whole. I wasn't particularly implying Trump voters, or jobless people, although you are not the first poster to insinuate it was, so I must have not made myself clear.

Our society is going through a change, a big one, and it is rough. I don't have a good feeling about it. Not directed towards one side or the other, but as a whole. As a society. The government is there to run the government. Attend to national and international issues. Not to fix "a" person. The government doesn't operate for people on a singular and individual level. That's up to the "person".

To expect the federal government to "fix their problems" is an unrealistic expectation, which, By God, people DO have this expectation, as of late, and it's a scam.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This press conference was just the start of many beatdowns of the press. It was awesome to watch!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
1. One tenth of one percent of the total decisions from Federal Appeals Courts that SCOTUS agreed to hear, 80 percent OF THAT SMALL PORTION OF DECISIONS that the SC agreed to hear that were from the Ninth Circuit were reversed.

It's a tiny number of the Ninth's overall decisions that have been overturned by SCOTUS.

2. Press has lower approval rate than Congress. IF Trump didn't know the numbers, perhaps he shouldn't have made a statement regarding them on national TV. If it wasn't an intentional lie, surely was an ignorant misstatement.

3. Hillary Clinton didn't "sell" anything to anyone, least of all uranium. Talk about squinting at gnats.

4. The claims of contact of Trump personnel with Russian officials have been verified, latest case, Mr. Flynn. (Confirmed by President Trump himself.)

Trump’s son Donald Trump Jr. made that very claim at a real estate conference in New York in 2008, saying “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets.” Donald Trump Jr. added, “we see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”

Washington Post (It's well-known and not disputed before anyone does the "Fake News" crap)

6. Only Rasmussen has Trump's approval at 55%. Pew had him at 39%. Yes, the most positive poll (and Rasmussen is known to be tilted toward Republican interests). Gallup had him at 41%. Yes, the 55% is the most positive possible "pick."

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

The government doesn't do its job. Plain and simple. It does anything it can to avoid its job, and applies half asses bandaids to cover up for this. I think it derives from an expectation for government to actually DO something, when they should be doing very little.

They do such a poor job of doing their job that we actually have arguing and squabbling over their role. Controlling our borders is one of the primary roles of the Federal Government. The complete failure of doing this has created an expectation that its not a role they should be undertaking.

Protecting our currency. The first dollar that todays retiree put into retirement savings is worth only $0.19 today. Its called "inflation", and we are supposed to accept it as normal and appropriate. Meanwhile, we get to tear the country apart arguing over a minimum wage increase that should be wholly unnecessary were our currency to not be rotting.

Protecting our economy. How in the hell do our trade deals do this again? Just the fact that we still have light truck tarifs dating from Nixon's day tells me what I need to know about our trade policy. And how does continuing to overextend credit help to protect our national economy?

The people don't pay attention. And the ones that do are so consumed by "feels" that they ignore it. Example: every foreign doctor sends copious amounts of cash back home. Same with hotel owners. That is our economy being exported back to the middle east, china, and India. EB5 sells citizenship to foreign businessmen who have cash to invest in programs sponsored by the progam. Again, cash that ends up exported to third world nations.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

One of these liars has been empirically shown to lie far more than the other. Stop acting like they're equal in that regard.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Notice how you always form your opinions based on other people's opinions? You are so upset that other people liked the conference you felt the need to make this thread? Attention much? Lighten up man everything is going to be OK. Unless you keep stressing yourself over such insignificant things..

He's just trying to impress DJ Moby, leave him alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join