It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump vs Jim Acosta

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It really is that simple. But the Trump apologists here have been fed so much garbage, they don't know which way is up when it comes to Mr. Snowflake himself.

originally posted by: underwerks
Stop lying, be treated fairly. Not much more complicated than that. If Trump came out and told the truth that the EO on immigration didn't roll out smoothly, or acknowledged any mistakes he's made up to this point instead of shifting the blame to someone else, the media and the majority of Americans wouldn't be so hard on him.

But it doesn't seem like he wants that. Pick your reason why. (This is a conspiracy site, after all)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It is good to see an ex-Presidential nominee who is not shy of doing press conferences, become the POTUS and proceed to give it to the MSM, whom, like many, is loathed with a special priority for the constant spin they so expertly supplant in the minds of stupid people too academically lazy to keep their feelings in check..

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

What are the truths they should be reporting on? What are they missing that isn't being talked about? I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just wondering what these positives are that should be talked about as well. The market being up is the only thing that comes to mind, and I've read several news stories talking about that as a positive.

I don't agree that the reporting should be either positive or negative, only objective. Take the press conference for example. They report on one or two lines of the entire conference, while leaving out the entirety of the rest of it. In fact, this is what they've done for every single one of Trump's rallies, speeches, and tweets, and suppressing information to the contrary, misrepresenting the man's speeches, has directly led to the state of the country today.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

What are the truths they should be reporting on? What are they missing that isn't being talked about? I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just wondering what these positives are that should be talked about as well. The market being up is the only thing that comes to mind, and I've read several news stories talking about that as a positive.

I don't agree that the reporting should be either positive or negative, only objective. Take the press conference for example. They report on one or two lines of the entire conference, while leaving out the entirety of the rest of it. In fact, this is what they've done for every single one of Trump's rallies, speeches, and tweets, and suppressing information to the contrary, misrepresenting the man's speeches, has directly led to the state of the country today.

Put yourself in their shoes. There's really only two or three concrete ideas you can take away from his press conferences. Everything else are vague statements, and just him talking about how great he and his administration is. I recognize how shady certain members of the media can be at times, but he's not exactly giving them a lot to work with, or write articles about.

His lies and falsehoods outnumber and overshadow the few actual ideas he puts forth. Every time. If he wanted the media to write about something else, it seems he'd give them something else to write about.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

It does negate the point because ethics pertains to everyone, whether he is a liar or not. But that hasn't happened. By journalist's own admission, they have thrown ethics out the window to stop Trump.

Apparently ethics pertain to everyone but Trump and his team, their is not an ethical member of that team, from what I have seen with my own eyes, didn't need a journalist to tell me that.

ETA: please provide a source for journalists having thrown their ethics out the window.
edit on 2/16/2017 by BubbaJoe because: needed to

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
It really is that simple. But the Trump apologists here have been fed so much garbage, they don't know which way is up when it comes to Mr. Snowflake himself.

Stop lying, be treated fairly. Not much more complicated than that. If Trump came out and told the truth that the EO on immigration didn't roll out smoothly, or acknowledged any mistakes he's made up to this point instead of shifting the blame to someone else, the media and the majority of Americans wouldn't be so hard on him.

But it doesn't seem like he wants that. Pick your reason why. (This is a conspiracy site, after all)

To be honest, I stopped taking you serious a long time ago and I'm having a hard time coming up with something that isn't condensending so I'll just leave you to your thoughts.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I have my old CBS hat and press i.d. right beside me here on Gut's wall o' glory lol. I identify deeply with freedom of the press. I also identify deeply with ethical journalism.

Ethical journalism is virtually dead in the MSM and if not THE reason I left and began freelancing in the entertainment/sports industry, it surely made me leave earlier than I would have.

That's why I applaud the Pres. for being all out of chewing gum and chewing much needed yellow-press behind.

Trump isn't Rep or Dem. He is, I've come to believe, a Patriot the likes of which we haven't seen in a POTUS since JFK.

Did I mention he was a BOSS today?
edit on 16-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Oh your absolutely right, because the media was so fair prior to the immigration ban and so fair prior to his presidency. Duh!

Let us highlight this 'fairness' with a recent quote from the former Community Organizer in Chief, who spent the last year of his term lambasting Donald Trump, and in no uncertain terms.

After the election, Obama came out lying that, during the run up to the election,
he 'tried to keep it fair'.

The amazing utterance was made in connection with the vote recount petitioning within various states. It was spoken about 4-5 weeks ago.

I trust this puts perspective on what is considered 'fair'.

# 673

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

There's really only two or three concrete ideas you can take away from his press conferences. Everything else are vague statements, and just him talking about how great he and his administration is. I recognize how shady certain members of the media can be at times, but he's not exactly giving them a lot to work with, or write articles about.

This right here is why it is so extremely difficult to have an actual constructive conversation with someone who is obviously biased in their already existing views that the ability to actually pay attention to the pres conference is completely a lost cause.

Because while you are just repeating the same old MSM narrative, there WERE actually a lot of solid ideas discussed, and a lot of accomplishments discussed such as a 5 year ban on lobbysim in Washington and a lifetime international ban on lobbyism. (That's my favorite one!) He also discussed helping the inner cities, and how he wants to stop shipping jobs over seas, and a whole bunch of other things. How are HUGE things like that going UNreported, so persistently?? Could it be because we have a completely biased and one-sided media verging into the realm of potentially causing serious civil unrest because of all the falsehoods they spread?

Are you SURE you watched the full press conference?? What's funny is, the MSM immediately did the EXACT thing Trump promised they would do, except it isn't tomorrows news, it's right NOW's news!! Lol, it's so clear as day. Just have a stroll over at Cnn.com if you don't believe me.

And if you didn't watch the pres conference, watch it here. The only thing people are focusing on is "mannerisms" and petty nonsense. I, personally think this is becoming a huge national security threat.

edit on 16-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

They certainly seem to have.

See? We can agree on something!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

The blind and brainwashed will only see what their minds allow them to.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Yes, I watched the entire press conference. How am I repeating the same old msm narrative when I haven't read anything the msm has written about it yet?

Your partisan is showing

How did he say he was going to help the inner cities? How did he say he was going to bring jobs back?

Or did he just say those things?

ETA: Please list what he said and how he was going to accomplish it.
edit on 16-2-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It's true; and fairness, avoiding misrepresentation, and accuracy are tenants of journalistic ethics. The simple act of abiding by the principles of ethical journalism would end all the division America is now inflicting on itself. It would end the horrid relationship between the press and the administration. It would end the constant protests. It would end yellow journalism. It's the only thing that will work.

Journalistic ethics died along with Walter Cronkite.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

You're only proving my point. I don't care if you haven't read the MSM narrative on today's pres conf, you are obviously already pre-conditioned to carry that narrative based on your personal bias. This type of thinking is much like brainwashing, you hear it so often, eventually you don't need to watch the news to form that kind of thinking.

If I listed all the accomplishments and future plans that Trump included in his speech, and solid answers he gave to every journalist who asked him a question, I would probably end up starting my own thread.

The problem is, you apparently have no clue how to process information before a certain "mannerism" shuts off all internal abilities to absorb the proper information.

It's not my responsibility to fix that for you. There is no over night cure for conditioning on that scale.

Have a good night!
edit on 16-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

You're only proving my point. I don't care if you haven't read the MSM narrative on today's pres conf, you are obvliously already pre-conditioned to carry that narrative based on your personal bias. This type of thinking is much like brainwashing, you hear it so often, eventually you don't need to watch the news to form that kind of thinking.

If I listed all the accomplishments and future plans that Trump included in his speech, and solid answers he gave to every journalist who asked him a question, I would probably end up starting my own thread.

The problem is, you apparently have no clue how to process information before a certain "mannerism" shuts of all abilities to absorb the proper information.

It's not my responsibility to fix that for you. There is no over night cure for conditioning on that scale.

Have a good night!

Yeah, it's my preconceived bias and a media conspiracy that's forcing me to think like I do.

Has to be that. Couldn't be as simple as a politician standing at a podium and lying. Nah, never. It has to be everyone else.

Please, make a thread about what he stated and outlining the great accomplishments he's made so far. I'd love to see it. And I'd love to participate.

I did prove a point, but it isn't the one you were hoping haha.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Yes, I watched the entire press conference. How am I repeating the same old msm narrative when I haven't read anything the msm has written about it yet?

Your partisan is showing

How did he say he was going to help the inner cities? How did he say he was going to bring jobs back?

To be honest, you are repeating the narrative. I think your missing the point, you guys only focus on the negatives and completely ignore the positives, and that's because you're being led by the narrative. Did Obama have any concrete detail plans in his first month?

If you were smart and aware you would easily recognize that he's actually really smart and aware and he knows what he is doing but you guys don't even give him a chance while dragging him down. If you were real and honest with yourself you would also recognize he's a real and genuine person and actually cares about America, but again you guys fail to see that because you're being led by the narrrative.

I mean by now, it's pretty clear that if you still feel the way you do that's because you've already made up your mind and their isn't much or anything that will change it, or you're too oblivious and blind to recognize the truth.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Your partisan is showing

To be honest, you are repeating the narrative. I think your missing the point, you guys only focus on the negatives and completely ignore the positives, and that's because you're being led by the narrative. Did Obama have any concrete detail plans in his first month?

If you were smart and aware you would easily recognize that he's actually really smart and aware and he knows what he is doing but you guys don't even give him a chance while dragging him down. If you were real and honest with yourself you would also recognize he's a real and genuine person and actually cares about America, but again you guys fail to see that because you're being led by the narrrative.

I mean by now, it's pretty clear that if you still feel the way you do that's because you've already made up your mind and their isn't much or anything that will change it, or you're too oblivious and blind to recognize the truth.

The lifetime Trump has lived up to this point disagrees with your assessment, as does reality.

If Trump ever admitted to any mistakes instead of lying and shifting the blame, I'd have respect for him. If Trump didn't obviously lie over and over every single week, I'd have respect for him.

If Trump actually knew any details about what he's talking about, I'd have respect for him. What I think has nothing to do with any preconceived notions, it has to do with what he is doing in REALITY. Not what he's SAYS he's doing.

If you believe a "smart and aware" person just blindly accepts what a politician tells them when all evidence points to the opposite, we have more problems here than my lack of awareness of what you believe Trump is.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Maybe in your reality but definitely not mine. My thoughts are crystal clear, I don't think with my emotions and I sure don't let the past dictate the future for me. You are entitled to your opinion.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Maybe in your reality but definitely not mine. My thoughts are crystal clear, I don't think with my emotions and I sure don't let the past dictate the future for me. You are entitled to your opinion.

As are you

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

At this point, I don't believe anything would convince you of anything other than "he's lying". No itinerary, no list of names would do it for you, nadda. It's already in your head that he's a liar, that's why you can deflect and say things like "there's nothing solid here".

It's a lost cause.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join