It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump vs Jim Acosta

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
For people that missed the press conference, this clip puts into perspective why Trump is so critical about the media. I've been saying it all along that he just wants to be treated fairly and his demeanor is quite genuine about it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It's true; and fairness, avoiding misrepresentation, and accuracy are tenants of journalistic ethics. The simple act of abiding by the principles of ethical journalism would end all the division America is now inflicting on itself. It would end the horrid relationship between the press and the administration. It would end the constant protests. It would end yellow journalism. It's the only thing that will work.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
There is allot more of the reported transcript for those who can not view the video

"Much of the media in Washington DC, along with New York, Los Angeles, in particular, speaks not for the people but for those profiting off a obviously very broken system.

"The press has become so dishonest and if we don't talk about it we are doing a tremendous disservice to the American people, because the press is out of control. The level of dishonesty is out of control.

"I am here to change the broken system so it serves their families well. I am talking about this entrenched power structure.

news.sky.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

He did a good job and he was absolutely right about the headlines.

Chuck Todd: Donald Trump’s Delegitimization of Press ‘Un-American,’ ‘Not a Laughing Matter’

Link

Donald Trump’s Shocking, Confusing Press Conference: Reactions

Link

Watch President Donald Trump’s most unhinged press conference to date

Link

Donald Trump denies links to Russia and rages against media in rambling press conference

Link
edit on 16-2-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Stop lying, be treated fairly. Not much more complicated than that. If Trump came out and told the truth that the EO on immigration didn't roll out smoothly, or acknowledged any mistakes he's made up to this point instead of shifting the blame to someone else, the media and the majority of Americans wouldn't be so hard on him.

But it doesn't seem like he wants that. Pick your reason why. (This is a conspiracy site, after all)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Oh your absolutely right, because the media was so fair prior to the immigration ban and so fair prior to his presidency. Duh!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Stop lying, be treated fairly. Not much more complicated than that. If Trump came out and told the truth that the EO on immigration didn't roll out smoothly, or acknowledged any mistakes he's made up to this point instead of shifting the blame to someone else, the media and the majority of Americans wouldn't be so hard on him.

But it doesn't seem like he wants that. Pick your reason why. (This is a conspiracy site, after all)

This is such a crock. No matter what he says the media will always challenge it, just like they do all Republicans. They do not do this to Democrats they did not do this to Hillary. They did not do this to Obama.

It's like this sudden outrage over criticizing the media. Obama did it and it was fine with everyone.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
CNN is very fake news.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

This is such a crock. No matter what he says the media will always challenge it, just like they do all Republicans. They do not do this to Democrats they did not do this to Hillary. They did not do this to Obama.

It's like this sudden outrage over criticizing the media. Obama did it and it was fine with everyone.

This has nothing to do with the media, I can hear and interpret everything Trump says myself, directly from the horses mouth without any media interference.

How does the media shape the narrative when I base what I think off of what Trump says himself, and not others interpretation of it?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Stop lying, be treated fairly.

That's not how it works.

Society of Professional Journalists Code of Ethics

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with the media, I can hear and interpret everything Trump says myself, directly from the horses mouth without any media interference.

How does the media shape the narrative when I base what I think off of what Trump says himself, and not others interpretation of it?

So after watching this clip you still think that it's all Trump's fault for the way the media treats him and that he has no right or reason to criticize them?
edit on 16-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Stop lying, be treated fairly.

That's not how it works.

Society of Professional Journalists Code of Ethics

None of any of that negates my point. In fact here's a part that supports it:

– Deny favored treatment to advertisers, donors or any other special interests, and resist internal and external pressure to influence coverage.

If the media didn't call out the falsehoods and lies they'd be in violation of this which is (arguably) one of the most important parts. Trump would be a special interest in this case, and backing off of the lying aspect, would be showing preferential treatment.

Lying shouldn't be made ok just because Donald Trump does it, and any so called "journalist" that doesn't raise that issue isn't worthy of the title of journalist.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

So after watching this clip you still think that it's all Trump's fault for the way the media treats him and that he has no right or reason to criticize them?

I just got done watching the entire thing, and I'd say most of their comments were spot on. He shrugged off and passed on to other reporters when an uncomfortable question was raised. And a lot of his answers didn't even answer the question that was asked, except in some far off round about way where he could say he answered them, when really no one walked away with any new information. Just more vague statements.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Kind of like you just did to my question lol. It's fine you don't need to answer as I already know where you stand. Imo anyone with a rational and non bias view couldn't say Trump deserves the treatment after watching the clip.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well, the good news is, even the farthest leftist Trump haters out there whom I personally know, are starting to admit the media does not report fairly on Trump. Not only is it unfair, it's manipulative and often completely fabricated "news".

I don't know why so many on ATS can't tell the truth about it, but I have hope that sooner or later, they won't be able to keep up this zoo coming from the media.

Gotta hand it to Trump though, he's not a good speaker, but he is very transparent and very real.
edit on 16-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Kind of like you just did to my question lol. It's fine you don't need to answer as I already know where you stand. Imo anyone with a rational and non bias view couldn't say Trump deserves the treatment after watching the clip.

Yes, I believe it's Trump fault for the way the media criticizes him. On top of the obvious lies and half truth's he constantly spouts, he antagonizes them relentlessly.

How can anyone who does that expect to get a fair shake? Short answer, they can't. So that means he doesn't want to be seen positively by the media. Pick your reason why.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

It does negate the point because ethics pertains to everyone, whether he is a liar or not. But that hasn't happened. By journalist's own admission, they have thrown ethics out the window to stop Trump.
edit on 16-2-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

It does negate the point because ethics pertains to everyone, whether he is a liar or not. But that hasn't happened. By journalist's own admission, they have thrown ethics out the window to stop Trump.

So they wouldn't be breaking that part of the ethics code by sticking their head in the sand every time a lie or half truth is told?

ETA: "Journalists" aren't part of a hive mind that all get their cues from the same source.
edit on 16-2-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

So they wouldn't be breaking that part of the ethics code by sticking their head in the sand every time a lie or half truth is told?

ETA: "Journalists" aren't part of a hive mind that all get their cues from the same source.

No, they should report on the facts. They should report on lies and half-truths, but they should also report on truths. That's what fairness means.

I never said all journalist's were the same.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

No, they should report on the facts. They should report on lies and half-truths, but they should also report on truths. That's what fairness means.

I never said all journalist's were the same.

What are the truths they should be reporting on? What are they missing that isn't being talked about? I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just wondering what these positives are that should be talked about as well. The market being up is the only thing that comes to mind, and I've read several news stories talking about that as a positive.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join