It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Cincinnati to Hold ‘White Tears’ and ‘White Fragility’ Event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Okay...My son sent me this article and I've read through it several times and still am not clear what this 'White Tears--White Fragility' event is really all about.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and will say that this is another progressive university sensitivity training program.

It also appears to be organized by Leftists to promote the idea that all white people are racist, fragile, and unjustified in responding defensively...when presented with accusations of white privilege and inherent racism.

In a nutshell, this program appears to be designed to 'educate' white people that arguing they are NOT inherently racist is futile...and that they should just shut up and accept everything the Left believes about all matters concerning white people and racism as the gospel truth.

ATS...please correct me if I'm wrong in my understanding...and let me know what you think about this?

For the record:

I am a conservative, white, male.
I am NOT a racist.
My tears are NOT white.
I am NOT fragile.

Needless to say, I will NOT be attending this event.

Later this semester, the University of Cincinnati is hosting academic workshops on the topics of “white tears” and “white fragility.”

The workshop, which is entitled, “White Fragility, White Tears, and White Allies: Learning to manage emotion in difficult conversations about race and racism” will take place on April 3rd at the University of Cincinnati.

Workshop leader Ainsley Lambert, a PhD student, will argue that white folks often struggle and get defensive in conversations about race due to the concept of “white fragility.”

According to an academic journal, white fragility is defined as “a state in which even a minimum amount of racial stress becomes intolerable, triggering a range of defensive moves. These moves include the outward display of emotions such as anger, fear, and guilt, and behaviors such as argumentation, silence, and leaving the stress-inducing situation. These behaviors, in turn, function to reinstate white racial equilibrium.”

The journal goes on to suggest that white individuals in a conversation about race often experience “anger, fear, and guilt, and behaviors such as argumentation, silence, and leaving the stress-inducing situation. These behaviors, in turn, function to reinstate white racial equilibrium.”

The Root, a blog that is part of the Gizmodo network, claimed that “white tears” is phrase used to “describe what happens when certain types of white people either complain about a nonexistent racial injustice or are upset by a nonwhite person’s success at the supposed expense of a white person.

Lambert’s faculty biography claims that she is “committed to applying her research expertise to create a more diverse and inclusive campus climate at the University of Cincinnati in which all students, staff, and faculty are able to thrive.”

www.breitbart.com...

edit on 16-2-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
OMG the slaves are revolting and stuff, and taking away our power and stuff!

They have pins at another college revealing our overreaching grasp on all brown people, OMG our days are numbered and stuff!

Yawn.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I hope its a troll event, but I dont think it is

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
You just said you have no clue what the event is but still go in.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I also said what I believe it is about.
What do you think it is about?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

"According to an academic journal, white fragility is defined as “a state in which even a minimum amount of racial stress becomes intolerable, triggering a range of defensive moves"

Oh please tell me this is a joke, please!

Who banned the word white board?
Who banned the word American?
Who tried to ban the phrase "you guys"?
What about freshman?
They tried to ban 'opposite sex"?
They went after BIOLOGICALLY MALE for Christ's sake.

Why give these millennial imbeciles a platform. I know it's politically expedient at the moment because the establishment hates Trump that much they're willing to side with Judas. But what does Judas do when offered more? He stabs you right in the back.

Feminists turn against women.
The gay rights lobby turned against Milo.
The Leftists hate Ben Shapiro (a minority).

These people are idiots. They have zero moral definitives. They don't have a solid moral stance on anything.

“committed to applying her research expertise to create a more diverse and inclusive campus climate at the University of Cincinnati in which all students, staff, and faculty are able to thrive.”

Unless you're white..... . . . . Because that's aggressive.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I literally don't care. People should just stop giving these people attention. Then they'll disappear.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just more racism running wild. Replace the word "white" with any other race and this would be an excellent KKK class.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
universities will do any for a dollar, it doesn`t matter what the class is about as long as someone will pay to attend it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

According to an academic journal, white fragility is defined as “a state in which even a minimum amount of racial stress becomes intolerable, triggering a range of defensive moves. These moves include the outward display of emotions such as anger, fear, and guilt, and behaviors such as argumentation, silence, and leaving the stress-inducing situation. These behaviors, in turn, function to reinstate white racial equilibrium.”

I've said this countless times before, these racists' cheat sheets give them snap backs directed at white people who deny accusations of racism and snap backs to use against white people accused of racism who go into self loathing appologetical mode (and obviously common sense provides them with responses to anyone who is a self admitted racist and proud of it), but none of the cheat sheets are prepared for apathy. The ONLY response that should ever be given to an accusation of racism is a shrug of the shoulders and dismissal of their opinion completely. "You think I'm a racist, OK... look at me completely marginalizing you in front of God and country, moron." is a response their brains cannot comprehend because they have been lied to so often that they actually believe their opinions matter. It's tough when you realize you're a nothing.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Here goes the official entry form for the event:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Cincinnati, checking in, again. Interesting.

If he goes I'd like to hear about it.

-Alee

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

My son graduated from UC with high honors...He is also a very politically-active conservative and was a poll monitor for Trump in Cincy.
I have a feeling he might attend if he can get off work.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Sounds like another 'Dear White people' or what I deemed.

The Race Baiter monologues.

Would not even waste my time with it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: NerdGoddess

My son graduated from UC with high honors...He is also a very politically-active conservative and was a poll monitor for Trump in Cincy.
I have a feeling he might attend if he can get off work.

What happens if you are like Obama and so many others in this country....are you required to accept 50% white guilt or does the 50% black give you a pass?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

They have pins at another college revealing our overreaching grasp on all brown people, OMG our days are numbered and stuff!

Yawn.

So it's bad to demonize and scapegoat groups of people based on their culture or skin color, unless you're doing it to white people and then it's all good? People like you baffle me. Do you honestly believe that this is the first time in history when attacking a whole group of people based on their skin color will turn out good?

Anyone interested in seeing this event can check campus reform. They have been live streaming all these anti white racist events at colleges.
edit on 16-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If every student in a College is paying money to attend the school of their choice, they should not be harassed, no matter the color, creed, religion; etc.

Just like employment, you have the right to work without Harassment or be under Duress or it would be handed over to Human Resources for review and/or action, then to an attorney if they do nothing about it.

This stuff going on in college campuses really I don't see how they're getting away with it.

It Is Harassment aimed at an entire racial/sex group. Disgusting.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Yawn.

So it's bad to demonize and scapegoat groups of people based on their culture or skin color, unless you're doing it to white people and then it's all good? People like you baffle me. Do you honestly believe that this is the first time in history when attacking a whole group of people based on their skin color will turn out good?

Anyone interested in seeing this event can check campus reform. They have been live streaming all these anti white racist events at colleges.

I was being facetious, so away with this "You" stuff

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Campus conservatives need to start countering this crap with "toughen up cupcake" workshops.

new topics

top topics

join