It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to ban teachers from pushing their political ideology onto their students

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

I never said ban political discussion. What I was referring to is an highly polarized extremist going and using their classroom as a soap box to indoctrinate their students into their maniacism.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I never said ban political discussion. What I was referring to is an highly polarized extremist going and using their classroom as a soap box to indoctrinate their students into their maniacism.

OMG. No. No, no NO!! You hate teachers and all that they stand for. You hate the poor children! We know what you are saying here, you dirty bastard!!

/sarc, J/K. Yeah.

Liberal indoctrination within modern learning institutions is the single CAUSE of the violent behavior of the SJW narrative we are seeing today. They were TAUGHT to believe there is a hidden horrible oppression going on. By evil White people.

It won't stop until the main bulk of the classic "liberal" movement actually begins to start publicly and loudly announcing their disdain for the new "liberal" SJW narrative. It's divisive and violent. They are encouraging true hatred. No group is manifesting this hate more than the regressive leftists.
edit on 17-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

As I said, I agree with you, but, as is often the problem, where does one draw the line about what to 'ban', and how to enforce/police?
Ultimately, the parent is most a child's education. There were many times that my kids came home from school spouting some off the wall obsolete crap.
That is when daddy teacher clocks in and straightens them out.
Teaches them to think for themselves.
Public school will not do that!

No, theoretically, children should be taught critical thinking, to think for themselves, but public school teaches them what to think, not how to think.
So, children are 'indoctrinated' from before birth, parents, teachers, media, friends...
Rather than banning things in school (nice to be able to ban crappy teachers!), I think it more fruitful and less devolved, to teach the little bas... darlings... HOW to think.
Then they can discriminate the teacher's words for themselves. *__-

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

OMG. No. No, no NO!! You hate teachers and all that they stand for. You hate the poor children! We know what you are saying here, you dirty bastard!!

If you'd like to join MY conversation, please apply rational logical arguments, if you have any, and leave the hysterical emotional rant/fallacies elsewhere.
We WERE having a discussion...
Thank you.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

My argument isn't lacking rationale. You must have missed my whole post.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This woman needs to be economically lynched. She needs to be unemployed and have her credentials revoked. We as parents and grandparents need to give them a taste of their own medicine and start demanding teachers educate not indoctrinate.

If we want changes we have to be willing to miss work sometimes..... cause if we keep insisting that going to work is more important than holding a sign ..... especially when the educational system is programing our kids instead of educating them, then we have no one to blame but ourselves

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I remember in elementary school, during the POTUS election the gym teacher refused to talk anything about the election. Wouldn't tell us who he was voting for. He claimed his wife and him don't even tell each other who they're voting for. If that bit was true or not either way he wouldn't offer us a clue about it. Something tells me that's not so common anymore...

And that's the way it should be. Any respectable teacher should understand how influential they are and how gullible most kids are. They should keep their opinions out of the schools unless it's a collage course specifically devoted to that topic.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I hope this stupid, stupid woman finds a real fascist to pick a fight with some day.

Glad that I don't have kids to be influenced by people like her.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
DEFUND ALL ENEMIES OF FREE SPEECH!

DEFUND CENSORSHIP!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: FHomerK
a reply to: DBCowboy

Whereas I agree with you, and starred your comment, what is of importance at the moment is that easily persuaded children should not be influenced at school by a teacher's personal beliefs.

That's why we, as parents, should really be paying attention to what our children learn and are learning.

Damn Right.

I can still remember my daughter coming home and saying "It was a pity that the Jews Killed Christ"! I definitely had to gently put her straight - it was politics and not really the Jews. Britain has a long history of anti Semitism.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

a reply to: Tiger5

You leave it wide open and 'they'll' slip right in there, viola a Hilter's Youth style program in the making.

Teach your child to think and to be wary of all politicians. Don't you think you are being a bit extreme talking about Hitler youth. Trump is bad but he is not a fascist. Stevie B may be a supporter of fascists though.
edit on 17-2-2017 by Tiger5 because: Add in more text

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The lady might be nuts, but so is your proposal.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

That, I do.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I thought that the point was that you didn't want teachers to propagandize the students, and I agreed with you.
Where is the problem.
Have I missed the point? I can be thick, please educate me...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

First, I see that you told me to "shut the fcuk up" (stfu).
One more time, and I will never again waste my time responding to your post.

Segundo, I saw sarcasm, emotion not intellect, not an intelligent response (adding to) to our conversation.
edit on 17-2-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

Yeah, the idea of protecting children from the influence of deranged psychopaths is what's "nuts". Good times!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Here is more teacher BS.

Fill in the blank: This teacher is _______!

A Staten Island educator slipped in an anti-President Trump question on a middle school homework assignment — and then defended it to outraged parents as freedom of speech.

Annadale dad Vincent Ungro was furious when his 11-year-old daughter, who attends IS 75, asked him to help her with her vocabulary homework last Friday night.

She was having a hard time filling in the blanks from a word bank for question No. 8. “President Trump speaks in a very superior and _________ manner insulting many people. He needs to be more __________ so that the American people respect and admire him.”

The question after that read: “Barack Obama set a _________ when he became the first African American president.”

Ungro, 46, told his kid not to answer the two questions — which were supposed to be completed with the words haughty, humble and precedent — and wrote a pointed note back to her teacher, Adria Zawatsky.

nypost.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I must disagree.

Though she may be for silencing different opinions and hating people who dare to think differently from her narrow little mind, she has a right to be as ####ing stupid as she can be.

And this idiotic example of leftist violent hatred has just as much a right to vomit her filth as anyone else does.

I disagree. Everyone has a right to speak their peace on their time. But when employed to teach facts, history, math...all truths...they should NOT be allowed to teach their non-factual opinion. This is just like the "sex with your boss" idea. A person in authority (which a teacher is) should not be allowed to use that status to TELL others what they should and shouldn't do or believe.

To the extreme...we all know that the left breaks every rule they don't agree with and you can always find a story of a liberal teacher punishing or humiliating students who don't agree. Giving lower grades, etc. That is bullying...it could be viewed as terrorism when it affects a student's career.

You don't see this from the right. You don't hear about anyone forcing Trump (for example) down anyone's throat. But from liberal teachers...it is the norm.

In short...when what you are feeding others is distasteful and disgusting, you have to force it down their throats. When it is inviting, fresh and tasty, you don't. Kinda simple.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Just because this moron CAN say idiotic things, does not mean she will.

We can't start punishing people for what they MIGHT say.

I agree that the fascist left only pays lip-service to free expression. That's what differentiates us from them.

We actually believe in free expression. They hide behind it and deny it to everyone else.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I am a "fascist left(ie)" and I believe in free expression, just not when it infringes on someone's civil rights.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join