It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to ban teachers from pushing their political ideology onto their students

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK
a reply to: DBCowboy

Whereas I agree with you, and starred your comment, what is of importance at the moment is that easily persuaded children should not be influenced at school by a teacher's personal beliefs.

That's why we, as parents, should really be paying attention to what our children learn and are learning.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The smart thing to do is for the congress to pass a voucher system where parents get a choice to where they send their kids and that has the left terrified. The left can't compete in society so they have to pass rules and regulations that make sure they always have a job. In the real world employers expect results and if We went by test scores a lot of teachers would be out of a job.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Okay, well I guess we should just let teachers teach their own views on religion then while we're at it?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: andy06shake

Okay, well I guess we should just let teachers teach their own views on religion then while we're at it?

Ooooooooooooooo!

Snap.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: FHomerK

Whereas I agree with you, and starred your comment, what is of importance at the moment is that easily persuaded children should not be influenced at school by a teacher's personal beliefs.

That's why we, as parents, should really be paying attention to what our children learn and are learning.

And your solution to teachers such as this? allow them to continue and deprogram them everyday when they get home? kind of a waste sending them there to begin with. No?

Teachers such as this should be thrown out on their ass.

It screams some of your education departments are broken and toothless, bring in the fix.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gps777

That's the risk we face in a free society.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I currently have the pleasure of taking care of a bright 13 yr old at this time. While this is a new experience for me, I've learned quite a bit in short order about the condition of our public school system.

This young man has a keen interest in science and is in the 8th grade at a middle school located in a fairly high poverty neighborhood within a city of 100k.

Sadly, almost all he learns about science is from YouTube or related media.

His teacher, who is currently on the state committee to designate the science curriculum across the board spends a lot of time talking about her own children and/or politics.

Their "subject of study" has been Natural Hazards for nearly a year now and soon will be progressing into Climate Change for the remainder of the year.

She has been reported making a chart depicting a hierarchy of human nature with Anarchy being on the bad side, (something he doesn't recall for neutral) and "Democracy" being the highest form of society.

Most recently, she gave a 10 minute diatribe holding up a pencil and claiming "This is a non-renewable resource!"

This is a young man who has a passion for physics and genetics and is at the prime age for learning before those hormones fully take over(which I'm seeing happen at a VERY quick rate - damn, puberty!)

It's more than obvious to me that teaching the natural sciences: Chemistry, biology, physics should be a main focus but are purposely eliminated from the curriculum. More than ever before. This should outrage our nation but it doesn't.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jkm1864
The smart thing to do is for the congress to pass a voucher system where parents get a choice to where they send their kids and that has the left terrified. The left can't compete in society so they have to pass rules and regulations that make sure they always have a job. In the real world employers expect results and if We went by test scores a lot of teachers would be out of a job.

Voucher system? As in a choice of public or private shools?

And the left is terrified of this bc why? BC then there will be no public schools?

Rules and regulations? Such as what? Separation of church and state?

So much missing in your post, please clarify

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

a reply to: gps777

That's the risk we face in a free society.

you could always pay extra to have your child go to a private religious school.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Check out "The Teaching Company":
www.thegreatcourses.com...

And if you torrent search for "TTC".

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I home-school.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I wish I could

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That's what happens when liberals are "happy", they turn into creepy nuts who make their kids sing to their cult leader with big creepy smiles on their faces. Now that they are mad, well, we're seeing the results of that happening...... Pure madness.

edit on 16-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Actually she would incite violence and shut down the school to get her way.

After a lot of burning ,and breakage.

She might get fired eventually.

She is an idiot.

But until then, even this idiot has a right. And if we're going to police her, then where does it stop?

We are not like her.

We believe in freedom.

Have to agree with that, besides most the kids will be alright, it doesn't take long to figure out that kek is way cooler.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Appreciate the links! I see some possible vids worth exploring and he agreed to check 'em out!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Now before you go getting bent all out of shape, this would apply to all persuasions.

It's no secret I'm rabidly against Social Engineering. And today we have increasingly extremists folks running around in our increasingly polarized society. And then there's these two maniacs whom are elementary school teachers.

First of all (as others have said), teachers who try politicking in their classrooms get called out and get fired. That's happened before and will happen again. Expressing a public opinion is freedom of speech.

Secondly - like ATS moderators, football coaches, police officers and everyone else, teachers have opinions about political matters. Every single teacher you've encountered (and all the ones I've encountered) have opinions - may have voted and may even have taken part in protests or written angry letters to Congress or other things -- but I'd bet that you can't name the political and religious affiliation of every single teacher you've encountered.

They're not robots and they're not computers. A professional can hold a very strong opinion and still teach neutrally.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

My old girlfreind had a couple middle schoolers at the time. I came around, and started sending over the psychology & philosophy etc audio courses. I had arranged non-vocal downtempo music to play with them in the background to stoke the experience, and she'd play the whole kit thru the house when they were there in the evenings. The boy he was yanked into the gifted program the next year. These are university grade lectures. Even if a course seems to go way over their heads, you're planting seeds that are unparalleled to any insights they'd ever possibly gain from the hypotoob.
edit on 17-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Actually she would incite violence and shut down the school to get her way.

After a lot of burning ,and breakage.

She might get fired eventually.

She is an idiot.

But until then, even this idiot has a right. And if we're going to police her, then where does it stop?

We are not like her.

We believe in freedom.

This is worse than what she was doing?

Teachers resign after video secretly shot at bar shows school staffers named in crude ‘MFK’ game

www.theblaze.com...

Two Michigan public school teachers and the secretary to the district superintendent have resigned after being caught on video at a bar with a group of other teachers who were playing the “MFK” game — in which participants are given three names then choose who they’d marry, have sex with and kill.

And this was only a game.

She was out there breaking things and punching people, admitting it on FOX!

Where the hell are the parents, is right!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Time to ban teachers from pushing their political ideology onto their students

Just imagine;
A teacher is actually teaching students how to think and reason for themselves.
They, together, examine political candidates, gather information, make assertions, back them up with data/evidence...
Wouldn't it be 'false news' and 'unfair' (balls his tiny fists and holds his breath), if the class determined that 'your' candidate/politician is the corrupt liar?
Ban thinking in school to protect the fragile and corrupt!
Anf that darn 'evolution'!
That should be banned also!
Alien insemination of apes! Obviously!
Yes, no 'teacher' should just rant his unsupported opinions, but that seems rather rare...

Just another Perspective.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

It's not that rare in universities. Maybe grammar school, but they are being sold the liberal agenda as well on seemingly minor things. It gets really weird on the university level, however. It needs to stop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join