It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to ban teachers from pushing their political ideology onto their students

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It's well understood, 'you get them when they're young and you've got them for life'.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: DBCowboy

We get what your saying. We do.

But people like that middle school teacher should not be on tax payer dime teaching HATRED to younger minds.

We can't hire/fire people based on ideology.

Even if she embraces a hateful restrictive, Marxist ideology.

We can only hire/fire based on performance.

Imagine if this evil Nazi hate-cow was in charge of hiring/firing.

That's why we will always be the good guys, even if it sucks sometimes.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
As I've said. The left is dehumanizing the other in order to justify violence. This is what this looks like. She actually believes people on the right are really nazis. The hatred, the vitriol coming from her.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I must disagree.

Though she may be for silencing different opinions and hating people who dare to think differently from her narrow little mind, she has a right to be as ####ing stupid as she can be.

And this idiotic example of leftist violent hatred has just as much a right to vomit her filth as anyone else does.

She does have a right to be effing stupid.

She does NOT have a right to teach your children to be effing stupid too.

I would hope that this sack of cow puss would have the basic intelligence to keep her professional job professional and her hatred part-time violence spree separate.

But that's just it, they don't bother to. You have twits like the lady who was shooting Trump with her water gun in class in front of her students.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I'm not talking about hiring and firing... unless of course she's turning her classroom into her own political activism soapbox to fulfill her indoctrination / some groups social engineering agenda.
edit on 16-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

We can't hire/fire people based on ideology

We sure can when they make up their owns definitions to words.

She did.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I must disagree.

Though she may be for silencing different opinions and hating people who dare to think differently from her narrow little mind, she has a right to be as ####ing stupid as she can be.

And this idiotic example of leftist violent hatred has just as much a right to vomit her filth as anyone else does.

I would hope that this sack of cow puss would have the basic intelligence to keep her professional job professional and her hatred part-time violence spree separate.

But that's just it, they don't bother to. You have twits like the lady who was shooting Trump with her water gun in class in front of her students.

We can't shelter our children from hate-mongers like these people.

If we work with our kids, enable them to understand why these slime hate so much instead of just avoiding them and treating them like the lepers that they are, maybe our children can grow up a little more aware that evil people like her exist.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

We sure can when they make up their owns definitions to words.

She did.

Ah! There is that: the SJW hordes big game is redefining the English language to suit their dogmatic PC agenda.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ban Nothing! No teacher on the planet ever made me left leaning. No teacher ever made me pro feminist. From the age of eight I had my own ideas. All I ever wanted was the right to openly discuss stuff and figure things out for myself.

How will you enforce a ban anyway? Have a thought policeman in ech class room?? Is this North Korea or Stalin's Russia?

Let everyone debate their own corner! That is being a grown up!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

You leave it wide open and 'they'll' slip right in there, viola a Hilter's Youth style program in the making.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Guys, gals, I get all your points.

I understand. Trust me, if she was on fire. . . I'd go across town and eat a steak dinner.

But she has a right. And even if her tainted soiled ideology infects her teaching, we cannot fire her just because she has her poisonous thoughts.

We almost had Hillary in office.

This would have been the norm and anyone who embraced freedom, liberty and independence would have been vilified.

I would like to think that somewhere, even the most vile hate-filled leftist fascist might have a modicum of respect for free expression.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Guys, gals, I get all your points.

I understand. Trust me, if she was on fire. . . I'd go across town and eat a steak dinner.

But she has a right. And even if her tainted soiled ideology infects her teaching, we cannot fire her just because she has her poisonous thoughts.

There's having poisonous thoughts, and then there's indoctrination small children into them.

YUUUGE difference.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and she was in charge (imagine Warren as POTUS).

And we were teaching freedom in the classroom and they banned us. (likely)

That is the difference between us and them. That is the fundamental difference.

We believe in freedom and they don't.

If we start banning, then we are no better than she is.

And I know we're better than that.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I must disagree.

We can't shelter our children from hate-mongers like these people.

If we work with our kids, enable them to understand why these slime hate so much instead of just avoiding them and treating them like the lepers that they are, maybe our children can grow up a little more aware that evil people like her exist.

There is a difference between sheltering them and letting them have a position of authority over our children.

As a parent, I know we tell our kid that he should respect his teacher at least as much as he does us because we need him to knuckle down and behave and learn. Now you have that powerful authority figure potentially in a position to indoctrinate if they are slightly unprofessional.

Now, I am not saying bar them by ideology, but I am saying they shouldn't be allowed to unless they work in a school setting where this is fully allowed and expected by parents (i.e. a more private school setting)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I just can't accept imposing ideological restraints on people, because I can all to easily see them doing it to any of us who think differently than the scum-fascists.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

I just can't accept imposing ideological restraints on people, because I can all to easily see them doing it to any of us who think differently than the scum-fascists.

At the same time, I also remember a time when it was possible to teach civics without injecting personal ideology. That is, ideally, how it would still be done at the public school level. A naked display of ideology one way or the other should be considered unacceptable in a professional setting of the classroom.

It's no less than most corporate hiring agreements enforce on employees.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

We're not saying she can't be an idiot.

Were just saying we don't want an idiot teaching in a school.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You can teach American history, the Constitution, without preaching a POV.

You can even teach a controversial one say the 2nd Amendment, but you should have to present both viewpoints.

Otherwise, without standards, you get a 'fascist' movement taking over the indoctrination of entire generations...

When the Nazi's did it it took MILLIONS of deaths, and Germany being blown into smitherines to finally put an end to it. As Yvette said: "never again".

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well if 'a teacher' can keep her vitriol out of the classroom, teach 'both' / all viewpoints on issues, then fine.

In her case however, she gets busted being an organizer in a terrorist movement, like if it were some other criminal charges then yes boot her arse just like any other criminality would get you fired.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The problem is that these progressives believe they are morally superior so they feel justified in pushing their views.

Unlike conservatives who believe they are morally inferior and never feel justified in pushing their views.

Anyway the chick in the OPs is nuts. She's a horrible example of "the Left" and as I've said about the same woman before, she's nobody I identify with in any way nor do I personally know anyone who thinks as she apparently does based on other interviews I've seen.

I'm dismayed that she's a teacher and I would not want her teaching my children anything.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join