It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First F-35A deployment to the Pacific

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The Air Force confirmed that the first overseas deployment for the F-35A will be a TSP to the Pacific. They didn't give a time-frame or location, but the most likely locations will be either Kadena, or Osan.

The F-35 just completed its first large scale deployment to Red Flag, where it performed better than expected. The deployment to the Pacific will be a precursor to their first combat deployment.

www.combataircraft.net...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The deployment to the Pacific will be a precursor to their first combat deployment.

Where is there combat in the Pacific?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

There isn't. You don't go from zero to combat. You deploy somewhere there isn't combat and work out any bugs you might encounter. Then you deploy to a combat area.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Then you deploy to a combat area.

In "The Pacific".

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Should be interesting to see the developments of this test I'm looking forward to hearing more

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Where did anyone say the combat deployment would be in the Pacific. Go ahead and find it and quote it. I'll wait.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I understand the idea.

You need to get yourself ready for battle if needed.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

The first Asian F-22 deployment was a prime example. They "deployed" all over the US with no problems. When they crossed the International Dateline, their navigation system crashed due to buggy code. They had to follow their tankers back to Hawaii and wait a week to try again while the code was fixed.

Imagine if they had been on a critical mission, or were being rushed to combat and that happened.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ah confusion from the Pentagon. In December SecAF said they'd go to Europe first. Today a note was given to Congress that had the words "to include" in the one line on it about deploying them. So now it's up in the air if they're going to Europe then Asia, or Asia then Europe, or both at once.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Where did anyone say the combat deployment would be in the Pacific.

You didn't say it wasn't in the Pacific either, in a thread about deployment in the Pacific.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Imagine if they had been on a critical mission, or were being rushed to combat and that happened.

They haven't been 'combat tested' either against the (you know who) enemy, in the pacific.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Because the Pentagon is going to announce we're starting combat operations in the Pacific in a note about deploying F-35s later in the year.

Just for you, let me be more specific.

The Pacific deployment is a precursor for future combat deployments to the Middle East.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Better. And you know I meant the Chinese.

join