It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, who is in charge? Is Democracy still a thing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Let me start by clarifying my position on Trump;

As a non US citizen I think he is a terrible human being with few morals that puts money and power ahead of people in his private life. However, that being said as a Presidential candidate he had some very interesting ideas that certainly resonate with me personally. I could say the same thing about most politicians though - the political arena seems to attract unsavoury personalities like moths to a lamp.

The election happened, Trump won. He got sworn in and went on a little executive order flurry, making some now infamous first contact with world leaders. And then almost silence.

From afar we are seeing a war and a coup attempt rise up against him. Scandal after scandal is coming out in the press, but these things are not really any thing worse than his predecessors have done. The latest one being that Trump supposedly was cosying up with Russia before he was elected. I'd call that pre-emptive networking personally.

Why, here is Obama openly assuming he will win his second term and consulting with Russian intelligence in front of the media on hot mic in 2012.

So WTF America? Is Trump President or not? Who are the puppet masters destroying your nation? Is democracy even a thing any more? Because from where I am standing, it looks like lady liberty has been beaten and left to lay unconscious in a gutter right now.
edit on 16-2-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Its not just America, corporations now own most of the world governments, i remember my dad when he got elected that he would change the world, 20 years later he gets named to a judge position and now just cashes in is big checks.

Money runs the world.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Who are the puppet masters destroying your nation? I

They are the one and only party of the donkey.

Single handedly DESTROYED what was left of our 'democracy'.

Pre and post election protesting that wasn't protesting that was absolutely nothing but domestic terrorism.

Media giants completely SHILLING for their chosen one.

Using the court system to usurp the democratic process.

And finally using COINTELPRO to bring down the president they HATE.

That's your answer.

Some people won't like it, but there it is.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The Congress is the one in charge. The president serves a minor role, mainly maintaining relations with other countries and signing paperwork.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Im afraid the left versus right paradigm has most of America swarming like flies around a bowl that's about to get flushed questions such as who actually runs the show don't actually come into consideration any more one poster with his Goldman Sach's thread is getting warm,but to get really warm you have to go to the archives,the 'All roads lead to Rome' thread is a good start

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

The Fed is STILL in charge.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

America, who is in charge? Is Democracy still a thing?

This country isn't, never was meant to be a "democracy". Its meant to be a republic, electing public representatives by democratic means.

The bastardization of this simple premise by forming a two party state is disingenuous. They designed it that way to confuse us into thinking the battle is between them and them instead of between us and all of them.

They set it up to be the state vs the people.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The US is not a democracy. It is a constitutional republic.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It's not even a Representative Republic much less a Democracy. Oh, our "leaders" represent something, but it certainly isn't the citizenry. Hasn't been for the last 20+ years.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: residentgood

That's splitting hairs. It's still considered a democracy regardless of the hierarchy and head off stage.

Your representatives are still elected through the process of election, no?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Let me start by clarifying my position on Trump;

As a non US citizen I think he is a terrible human being with few morals that puts money and power ahead of people in his private life. However, that being said as a Presidential candidate he had some very interesting ideas that certainly resonate with me personally. I could say the same thing about most politicians though - the political arena seems to attract unsavoury personalities like moths to a lamp.

The election happened, Trump won. He got sworn in and went on a little executive order flurry, making some now infamous first contact with world leaders. And then almost silence.

From afar we are seeing a war and a coup attempt rise up against him. Scandal after scandal is coming out in the press, but these things are not really any thing worse than his predecessors have done. The latest one being that Trump supposedly was cosying up with Russia before he was elected. I'd call that pre-emptive networking personally.

Why, here is Obama openly assuming he will win his second term and consulting with Russian intelligence in front of the media on hot mic in 2012.

This is a much better version,

It is pretty clear...(since you can hear the conversation properly) that this was an at work discussion, and very non-committal one presumably about NATO missiles, between a sitting American president and a Russian prime minister.
It's a mile difference between giving a foreign power hints as to how to manipulate events leading up to a change in government in advance. the rest is, at the moment...almost history until the full story of any hackings is resolved.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

But WHY would Obama be taking about decisions that are meant to be made AFTER the election?

If Trump hadn't won, then nobody would care. And nobody really knows what was discussed anyway.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Read and consider the 16th and 17th amendments ratified in 1913 and you will understand when the subversion of our constitutional republic actually started in earnest.

new topics

top topics

join