It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

every person in America, including the president, has no privacy whatsoever

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
"Tis the age we live in" is true. We have created a monster.

I was one of the first people in this area to have a cell phone, before that I had a bag phone which was more of a two way Radio and people with scanners could hear what you said on that so you had to be careful what you said.

I was number seven on the cellular one phone system here when they came here, that was in the early nineties when it was really expensive to have a cell phone, like forty cents a minute to talk plus your monthly charge.

I got rid of my cell phone in about 05. I decided it was not worth the cost, I no longer was working and couldn't see paying anymore for something I rarely used.

Now everyone seems to have cell phones, we still have our landline and the wife has a ten dollar a month phone that we take in case we need it. We are used to conserving on minutes and we hardly use any of the two hundred minutes a month we get for the ten bucks. I think we have accumulated around two thousand five hundred minutes that we can use.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

There is a progressive liberal guy who can't stand differing opinions and reports others. That's what you get from the left.
edit on 16-2-2017 by residentgood because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

They got everyone on smart phones precisely for surveillance reason.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Good thing im canadian, what happens between me and my toilet after a few bowls of spicy chilli should be top secret.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: residentgood
a reply to: rickymouse

They got everyone on smart phones precisely for surveillance reason.

I am smarter than our phone. We have a simple telephone, it is old, I don;t think it even has a gps built in. My daughter has gone through at least four or five of the I-phones since we got our twenty nine dollar phone at Walmart.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

originally posted by: ware2010
a reply to: residentgood

don't do illegal sh** and you have no worries?

oh wait... to much logic......

How about you have no right to see what I do? My privacy, and it has nothing to do with illegality. The government does not rule me, neither do you. I am Sovereign.

let me go find the part where i said your being "ruled" by someone/something...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: residentgood
These days everything is digital. Every phone call you make. Every text message you send. Goes through the computer network where it is recorded and analysed.

We're preparing for the age when all humans are telepathic, and everybody knows what's in the mind of everyone else all the time.

This is just the initial stages. Next we're going to get digital helmets that facilitate telepathy, which will result in humans developing their natural telepathic powers, until we no longer need the helmets.

Right now, everybody is posting their thoughts on the web, and everybody else is reading those thoughts, but it's still taking a long time to move those ideas around. And it's very inefficient.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

Here's logic... What right does a government have to essentially spy on its citizenry on the citizenry's money nonetheless? I'll be waiting with a rebuttal. Thank ya.
edit on 16-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

Here's logic... What right does a government have to essentially spy on its citizenry on the citizenry's money nonetheless?

In certain circumstances I could see the "right" to do so. my point is they would merely be wasting time and/or wouldn't be "spying" on you if you were not breaking any laws..

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Here's logic... What right does a government have to essentially spy on its citizenry on the citizenry's money nonetheless? I'll be waiting with a rebuttal. Thank ya.

The "right" we have, is the "right we take" that results in nobody complaining.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Well there's the issue of manpower. Pretty sure they're not monitoring the millions of conversations, emails, texts, et cetera in real time. Heh. So from that angle I can see your point. However, from what I gather, all of it is stored in databases for future reference.
Now, that seems rather auspicious to me. Who's to say they won't pull up something 3 or 4 years from now that you may have said in jest, and certainly not recall as a way to press some ridiculous charge? It's easy to say, "Oh, that would never happen," but you really want to take those odds given how many laws and restrictions they sign into effect every year?
edit on 16-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: Spelling error

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

The "right" we have, is the "right we take" that results in nobody complaining.

That's about right.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join