It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh! NOW Leaks Are A Problem?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

So far the only ones confirmed to have been lying about Russia are... wait for it... Flynn, Trump and friends.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Then why is this information being leaked, instead of presented to the house as an investigation? Here's why;

FBI clears Flynn of lying to the FBI and no charges will be filed.

NBC reports NO COLLUSION found between Trump and Russia.

NPR backtracks and says nothing illegal took place during the Flynn/Russian phone calls.

WaPo Accidentally Outs that the Leakers are NINE Obama Administration Insiders

#FakeNews

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This site is now INFESTED with SJW leftist communist TROLLS. It is unbelievable really . Must be some serious tree fiddy's racking up .

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
So OP basically compared an apple to a walrus.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Do you believe that there is any case where a leak is justified?

Not directly out of the White House, Pentagon, or State Department. The DNC doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. The entire organization could be doused in gasoline and lit ablaze and the security and prosperity of the nation wouldn't be impacted in any way (obviously removing my personal opinion that both security and prosperity would skyrocket if this actually happened from the equation because it is little more than an opinion). There are, however, very serious dangers when those leaks come from within an institution that actually matters in the US government.

Comey and the FBI were simply doing their jobs, which isn't in any way a "leak" and those of us who were virulently opposed to Clinton winning were advocating the release of emails and information collected previously from sources that had already been sussed out and sealed off. NOT TO MENTION the info released about Hillary was damaging to a single individual: Hillary, BEFORE she had the chance to become intrinsically tied to the security of this country.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I can't speak to the IC reasoning for leaking this information. I was only showing that it wasn't illegal for them to tape the calls, thanks to the FISA courts.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: theantediluvian

There is a huge difference in a leak from inside the dnc and a leak inside the nsa.

In fact it is not even a real comparison.
But hey slag on!

A leak is a leak, the source is irrelevant, the contents are what should be discussed. So said every trumpoholics a few months ago.

No, its not. A leak from a source like wikileaks presenting corruption in the dnc is one thing. A leak generated by our own intelligence community attacking the potus is entirely different. The content should be discussed if there is something to discuss. The last i saw the only thing revealed is that there were conversations. The actual content of the conversations was not disclosed so at this point there is nothing to discuss unless you want to discuss the act of conversing without addressing a specific topic. If that is the case then this reaction is considerably overblown in proportion. 'We're mad as hell, but we have no idea why!!!"

Yeah, makes sense to me...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The OP knows the difference between a leak and releasing classified material....The only problem is the OP is and has been blinded by their political biased....

which is sad because the OP has been responsible for some really great threads in the past...This political season has really diminished your content...SMH..

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

"NINE Obama Administration Insiders"

No, it says:

Nine current and former officials, who were in senior positions at multiple agencies at the time of the calls,

Do you believe that senior officials at every agency are changed out every 4 or 8 years? That wouldn't make for much of a "deep state" would it? You've simply concluded that because the people were with the agencies when the calls were made that they were "Obama Administration Insiders." Or more likely, you're simply repeating the unsubstantiated conclusions of somebody from your preffered Trumprop/Trumpaganda(?) site (Twitter, Reddit maybe?).

I'm going to guess that among those 9 senior officials, most or all of them have been in the IC for more than eight years. Do you have some reason to believe otherwise?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

"NINE Obama Administration Insiders"

No, it says:

Nine current and former officials, who were in senior positions at multiple agencies at the time of the calls,

Do you believe that senior officials at every agency are changed out every 4 or 8 years? That wouldn't make for much of a "deep state" would it? You've simply concluded that because the people were with the agencies when the calls were made that they were "Obama Administration Insiders." Or more likely, you're simply repeating the unsubstantiated conclusions of somebody from your preffered Trumprop/Trumpaganda(?) site (Twitter, Reddit maybe?).

I'm going to guess that among those 9 senior officials, most or all of them have been in the IC for more than eight years. Do you have some reason to believe otherwise?

That seems like a pretty stern response for something based entirely on a guess...are you sure there is no bias in there?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So then you think Deep Throat was in the wrong when he went to Woodward and Bernstein. He should have just kept his mouth shut?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
So more excuses and silly memes, good job trump fans, the harder you try, the funnier it gets.

At least before trump won the election you guys where trying to fly under the radar, now its double down on stupid.

But i have to thank trump and all of you, comedians all over the world are coming out with some awesome stuff, so again thank you for doubling down.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Expose all corrupt government. I dont care who it is if its legit info.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
The act of hacking into private servers is illegal. Stop spinning, confront the hypocrisy right wingers.

originally posted by: xuenchen
Democrats don't see any difference between classified material and material not classified at all.

The leaks are from left over Obama operatives still lurking inside.

Mr O'Gladio is getting exposed.

So you don't think there is a difference between a private server and hacking into a government server??? Government doesn't care it private servers are hacked nor should they for that matter. Anything that happens with that is the responsibility of the owner of he server.

Leaks in the DNC I'd also not a national security issue however leaks in the NSA is entirely another problem. One involves national security one does not.

And finally of people within the government are sending info to the press with the enter of damaging the office of the president that's actually Treason.
edit on 2/16/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Expose all corrupt government. I dont care who it is if its legit info.

Julian Assange tweeted almost that exact same thing earlier today.

Link to Tweet

edit on 16-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Linkage

edit on 16-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Oh! NOW Leaks Are A Problem?

Trump haters absolutely LOVED them when it was Manning and Assange exposing Gw's dirty little secrets.

Carry on with the COINTELPRO operation.

Big Brother in da house.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the message of your thread has been missed entirely by some.

Perhaps a change in reading comprehension level?

Something like ...

"Leaks you like are good."

"Leaks you don't like are bad."

Dunno. Spitballin' here.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

There is a huge difference in a leak from inside the dnc and a leak inside the nsa.

In fact it is not even a real comparison.
But hey slag on!

Snowden was inside the NSA wasn't he?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So then you think Deep Throat was in the wrong when he went to Woodward and Bernstein. He should have just kept his mouth shut?

You know, in light of the past 16 years, I believe this country owed Nixon an apology because Watergate was NOTHING compared to what we've seen since. But you're likely comparing apples and oranges. Mark Felt, Ass, FBI director, wasn't White House, Pentagon, or State Department... so while I think he was a chickensnip for anonymously leaking the info when he could have officially reported it in public and fallen within the bounds of his job, he wasn't serving as a mole in high security clearance capacities.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I've had to totally reevaluate everything I think about watergate after the last few months and a mainstream media willing to lie at ever turn when theres a R in the White House.
edit on 16-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join