It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Unpresidential for the President of the United States to Attack the Media

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Your point?

We just got done with 8 years of not being able to call out radical Islam as an enemy too. And there is no doubt it is also an enemy of our country.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Gryphon66

Your point?

We just got done with 8 years of not being able to call out radical Islam as an enemy too. And there is no doubt it is also an enemy of our country.

My point is that someone who has millions of megatons of nuclear firepower aimed at me is my enemy.

Sure, because using a phrase keeps us safe. Pfft.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: RazorV66

You're speaking in rather ludicrous generalities. You don't even know who you are talking about. You have a fiction created for you by the media of what "a Leftist" is ... and you are merely waving that sock puppet around.

No one is anti-American because you say they are or because they believe differently from you.

I would be willing to bet that you had less than complimentary things to say about our past President, so, by your own definition, I guess you are anti-American as well.

Welcome.

Wrong again....I even voted for the last president once.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
For many years all I have heard on this forum was how corrupt the MSM is, now it is a different story?

Yeah, now they magically love the MSM. Just like they used to hate it when the Right demonized the commie Russians.

It's topsy turvy world.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Liberals had no problem with it when Obama did it. In fact they applauded it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Shepard Smith is acting like an hysterical little girl! LOL! What a hater. Some in the media have their little ruffled panties in a wad, and methinks Smith is one of them.

Donald Trump speaks to the American people. He speaks about unifying our country and unifying the world. The media and the Democrat Party are the dividers. They refuse to honor the man We The People elected and are throwing monkey wrenches in everything starting with his cabinet picks. Sickening!

RE: www.msn.com...

All of the Mainstream Media are pointing to (gasp!) a FOX NEWS anchor as validation that President Trump went too far with criticizing the media today. It's too bad the MSM aren't smart enough to come ATS and run a search on "Shepard Smith". If they did, he would NEVER be used as a validator, because he has a history of crazy talk himself.

That being said, FOX NEWS would do themselves a YUGE favor by letting Shepard Smith go to NBC, like they did with Meghan Kelly last month. MSNBC would love to have another idiot.
edit on 2/16/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Shepard Smith is turning into a CNN Fake News type fact-twisting foaming-at-the-mouth Trump-hating liberal.

Any guesses about whether MSNBC or CNN will hire him? He has become their kind of pundit.

Kind of makes the wound up rubber band of a feud between
Megyn and Donald during the campaign propel her little balsa
glider over to another tube another put-up for just the money.

I don't care who hates who.. but if the facts start getting a
back seat to who your boss politically hates, we ALL lose. And
that ain't news anymore. I can't even stretch it into entertainment
either anymore... probably why the tube is off and ATS is more on.

EDIT: strictly to the OP:
I think it would be un-American for a president to give a media
half this dishonest about him a pass.
edit on 16-2-2017 by derfreebie because: Re the House Committee on American Activities

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Trump is officially forked

I agree with this, he is getting frustrated with the media and the intelligence agencies. He calls allegations that he and his administration have ties with Russia "fake news" and I would believe him, but he has lied about everything else pretty much all the time. I think there could be something to the Russian collusions, but right now I admit there is no proof (although there is enough to warrant further investigation).

Meanwhile, IF something was going on with Trump and Russia, this could mean disaster for his presidency. If nothing of interest was going on, he will emerge from this scandal stronger.

Also, I would like to point out that Republicans sure don't like fake news / conspiracy theories when it is directed at one of their own, yet they fully supported pizzagate and other fake news / conspiracy theories that were detrimental to Hillary. They also supported Comey when he stated they had found more of Hillary's e-mails and Wikileaks when it leaked e-mails it had received from Russia.
edit on 16pmThu, 16 Feb 2017 23:41:32 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 16pmThu, 16 Feb 2017 23:42:26 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I didn't watch it but I read the entire transcript from NY times. I look forward to what trump is going to do.
In regard to the op, Who determines what is presedential? Do you mean politically correct?
He got elected when he is probably the least politically correct president ever. In my opinion his lack of pc is a great thing. We need a strong leader like that. And it is my opinion that he is patriotic and presidential. His character is fine.
He's sick of the media's games. It's obvious. He'll give them respect when they give it to him. The media has been dishonest to no end and it's trump duty to put them on check about manipulating everyone with dishonest and targeted media. They don't have to worship him but at least be honest/fair in their reporting and trump will give them respect for their honesty, Whether he's in the right or wrong.

At this point all of the msm is going in on every topic with an anti trump agenda.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The media lies to you. Ive never seen such rabid hatered of any one president in my life. And its all because of the lies the media throws out to the public. People cant connect the dots in America. Democrats are brain dead. They went from working mans party to give me stuff for free I dont want to work party.

link   
The media lies to you. Ive never seen such rabid hatered of any one president in my life. And its all because of the lies the media throws out to the public. People cant connect the dots in America. Democrats are brain dead. They went from working mans party to give me stuff for free I dont want to work party.

link   

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: ketsuko

he was supposed to use the press conference to announce the new labor secretary and he turned it in to a snowflake fest where he moaned and cried about how unfair flynn was treated. cry me a river trump if it was so unfair why did you let him resign?

the way trump belittles the press is scary, his temperament is deplorable, it's no wonder he attracts the types of supporters that follow him.

The press is far worse than scary...their temperament beyond description...and you are the byproduct.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Olivine

I'm wondering how a leak can be real but fake news at the same time.

The reporting on the leak so skewed...biased...and largely irrelevant...blown up as if Alien Visitation was occurring live.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Olivine

I'm wondering how a leak can be real but fake news at the same time.

The reporting on the leak so skewed...biased...and largely irrelevant...blown up as if Alien Visitation was occurring live.

That is called "sensationalism", but not "fake". Fake and exaggeration aren't synonyms.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Maybe if the press wasn't such an obvious propaganda machine spewing lies all day we wouldn't be discussing this

a reply to: Stevemagegod

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I recommend a high level history class....it has opened my eyes to the term presitism, which is the act of applying modern events to events in history. The problem being circumstances were different. For instance, Lincoln sent journalists to jail.
www.presidency.ucsb.edu...
George Washington was not immune either...
www.mountvernon.org...

And best of all, the NY Times tells Obama how to court the press.
100days.blogs.nytimes.com...

In other words, there is a historical precedent of Presidents feuding with the press. It aint un-amereican.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Not if the media is working as a tool of the deep state.. Promoting civil unrest, sprading lies and fake news... The media is always controled and it is a shame. It would be good to have some clear verifiable news.. We have that already its called wikileaks a journalistic organization that has been attacked by government..

MSM is always controlled its the proganda tool.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It is unpresidential to attack the 1st amendment:

The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!

@realDonaldTrump

[sarcasm, sort of] Although, since the First Amendment reads that "Congress shall make no law..." commrade Trump is free to write an EO abridging freedom of the press.[/sarcasm]

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Is freedom of the press not also a 1st amendment right?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join