It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Unpresidential for the President of the United States to Attack the Media

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No it's not.

All we know from the leak is that Flynn talked to the Russian Ambassador. That actually is part of his job. The leak mentioned that sanctions came up, but it declined to say how they came up. There are rules on how tpsuch things can be discussed.

It would not be wrong for the Russian Ambassador and Flynn to discuss their impending relationship in the context of proposed sanctions for example. In that context, they would have to bring up the sanctions but it would not be wrong to do so and it would be very hard for them to discuss their impending professional relatiosnhip WITHOUT the sanctions that were under discussion and looking likely to go through.

What would have been illegal would be discussion of a quid pro quo style agreement where Flynn extended the Russians an offer to have teh Trump admin drop those not yet imposed sanctions for promises of future action in favor of the US from Russia.

We know that the call transcript has been examined and such a thing was not found to be true. It has been reported as such, but the press is too busy running with the "talks with Russians over sanctions" as though that's all that needs to be said.

It's that kind of dishonest, incomplete reporting that is the fake aspect of the story. There is no there, there unless the call revealed Flynn having a Rob Blagoyevich moment of some type. Until we see the transcript for ourselves, this is all Hand Up Don't Shoot style narrative designed to link to the Russians hacked the Election.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Everyone who has paid attention knows that there was no illegality found in the investigation of the call itself and that's it, but that hasn't stopped every news outlet from reckless speculation based solely on the tidbits leaked. It's all teh reckless speculation that is the fake.

This^

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

I know, he did mention how Hillary was friendly to Russia more than he ever did, meaning that he mention Hillary various time, also how the democrats historically have been holding the completion of his cabinet.

I got the feeling that Hillary has been behind the coup attempt in congress against trump.

Funny, I am sure he knows more about what is going on that we may think.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
When the media actively pursues conflagration with a nuclear power and consistently lies yes its time for a President to attack it,journalists are right up there with used car salesmen and child molesters they aren't a sacred cow.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You are correct. He is not a politician he is a businessman, that is why I voted for him. His biggest problem is the leak which they will get figured out and then the idiot press.

The press will put their spin on everything he said in this news conference today and by this afternoon the news source who has put the best spin on the information will rise to the top. Doesn't matter if it correct or not.

The news is no longer about facts but about perspective.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
And I am also noticing in this thread how quickly we forget the numerous times that FOX and conservative press outlets have been attacked by presidents past.

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: ketsuko

You know exactly what I mean.
Against the media and the intel community.

I can admit he is quite sensitive and borderline childish at times, but his "all out" war on the media is not unjust, considering the"all out" war the media has on him. As a man and leader you should always defend yourself when somebody tries to attack your character, especially when it's a made up narrative most of the time, and I think he just wants fairness, which he's obviously not getting.

link   
The President has been called a Nazi, a clown, the Joker, his wife was called a prostitute by a reporter last week. there is a concerted campaign against him by many members of the media simply because the candidate they supported and wished to win did not. In my opinion he has every right to speak out and point out the absolute hypocrisy of the media around the world today.

I don't blindly support any candidate and certainly not this one, however, I darn sure do not support the over the top press which has insulted survivors and the families of those killed on 9-11 by comparing the recent incident with Mr. Flynn to it, as well as to the attack on Pearl Harbor and Watergate. The total disregard on both sides for the truth is out of control and a result of the American election cycle which gets longer every election and has become an excuse to lie about the other guy so good for Mr. Trump, shame them and scold them, and maybe he as the outsider can actually make changes for the better and start within his own house.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That was literally the craziest hour and half on live TV since 9/11.

The saddest part is that you just know there are people in the White House back patting the toddler -in-chief at this very moment.

I don't even know if I feel comfortable discussing this madness on the internet anymore, it's all so unhinged, who really knows what this administration is actually capable of doing, given it's all out war on critics.

There are critics and there are critics.

Do you honestly not know the difference between a critic and someone not even interested in attempting to tell an honest story?

Btw, how many also know that Obama used secret negotiations with the Iranian mullahs before the US elections were even over in 2008?

He did.

Yes, it's ATS, most are well aware of Obama and Mullahs.

This press conference was much like sports blowout. It comes down to fundamentals. The POTUS and his staff can't even get the basics of stability and decorum right. On top of that they are unfocused and undisciplined. Of course they are going to blow the game.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The .s of those big medias have .s as big as Trumps. They should form a peace treaty, Trump can bring them to his golf course and treat them to a weekend there too.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
The President has been called a Nazi, a clown, the Joker, his wife was called a prostitute by a reporter last week. there is a concerted campaign against him by many members of the media simply because the candidate they supported and wished to win did not. In my opinion he has every right to speak out and point out the absolute hypocrisy of the media around the world today.

I don't blindly support any candidate and certainly not this one, however, I darn sure do not support the over the top press which has insulted survivors and the families of those killed on 9-11 by comparing the recent incident with Mr. Flynn to it, as well as to the attack on Pearl Harbor and Watergate. The total disregard on both sides for the truth is out of control and a result of the American election cycle which gets longer every election and has become an excuse to lie about the other guy so good for Mr. Trump, shame them and scold them, and maybe he as the outsider can actually make changes for the better and start within his own house.

Amen.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Watcher777

I agree, the media is about perspective, but this perspective is about propagandizing anything is that is done under Trump presidency, in order to smear as much as they can with twisted news to ignore any real actions that is benefiting the nation.

This is not real media giving the public news, but a very out of control wild attack.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Trump is obsessed with winning. Too obsessed if you ask me.

Maybe so.. If he wasn't, he would have pulled a Bernie and walked away with his tail between his legs. I don't know about you, but I want a leader that wont take any chit and who will stand up for himself instead running or staying "in check". He see's some BS, he calls it out. Plain and simple.

I am not saying he is perfect, but he definitely seems to have heart.

link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
To try and deflect away from his situation.

What not having his Cabinet in place by now?

link   
"I'm changing that... VERY fake news"!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

The best way to silence your critics is to win, to out-perform expectations. Having a meltdown only draws more criticism. It's no different than a kid dealing with a bully on a playground. But this isn't some elementary school antics - it's the Presidency.
edit on 2/16/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Freedom of speech. Media should vet their material instead of reporting whatever they get without vetting. If media does not hold to a high standard, the president has the right to criticize them.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Personally I think it is his way of keeping his base aligned with him for 2018 and beyond. A way to counter what the democrats are doing(or lack of doing). And why wouldn't he? The media has increasingly become more distrustful! People like us who frequently visit sites like ATS may have already had a distrust of the media for years but this is the first time that the people we jokingly called sheeple are questioning the media in such mass.

Personally, I think Trump sowing distrust in the media is a good thing, even if he is doing it to his benefit.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Trump scores big with me. It reminds me of the battle won by President Kennedy back in the day.

Kennedy: Myth and Reality

Kennedy, by every measure, was one of America's most popular presidents, while in office and even more so in the decades since. He was also a favorite of reporters who covered the White House. It didn't hurt that he had a beautiful and photogenic family and, after the dull Eisenhower years, that he brought wit, "vigor" (as he called it) and idealism to the Oval Office.

Unlike his predecessors he held press conferences about twice a month--and most of them were televised in full, attracting millions of viewers in the afternoon. The three television networks thereby played a key role, enabling him to become the first President to speak directly to Americans on a frequent basis—live, unedited, and without a filter.

Despite this, Kennedy had a low opinion of many reporters and resented critical media coverage and commentary. Privately, he called the press "the most privileged group" who regard any restrictions on national security coverage as "a limitation on their civil rights. And they are not very used to it."

To his friend Ben Bradlee, Washington bureau chief for Newsweek, he complained, “When we don’t have to go through you bastards we can really get our story to the American people.”

While his televised press conferences promoted his popularity, Kennedy’s honeymoon with much of the press had not survived his first spring in office. First he fenced with the media in April 1961 after asking them to keep secret the (misguided) plans for the CIA-backed Bay of Pigs invasion by Cuban exiles. Just one outlet, The New York Times, published a vague report, but that was enough to get JFK’s blood boiling.

And it goes on, plenty of info out there...

www.alternet.org...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

The best way to silence your critics is to win, to out-perform expectations. Having a meltdown only draws more criticism. It's no different than a kid dealing with a bully on a playground. But his isn't some elementary school antics - it's the Presidency.

Well at the end of the day he's still a human being, nobody is perfect. Also in my eyes, if you ignore the media and the bias narrative, he is winning, and out performing his expectations. His commitment and zeal alone is unprecedented. Can you say that he's truly been underperforming?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join