It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Trump lie about things that can easily be verified?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Oh dear
Ding ding,
Pink and hairy handbags round 2

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: cantthinkofausername

Can someone explain to me what is going through this mans head? Why does he constantly lie about his popularity, his win and why does he make things up to justify why he is so unpopular amongst Americans?

Is he delusional, a habitual liar or just plain crazy?

Very simple.

It's about "POWER."

The ability to lie, to have it known that you've lied, and yet have no one be able to do anything about your lie, is the demon--stration of power. It's very exciting, and like an aphrodisiac.

There's no power in telling the truth, or restricting your self to the facts. Because, there's no control over truth or facts.

But, when you can just "make things up" and have people respond to it, act on it, obey your commands because of it, and have everybody running around checking things uselessly, and regardless of what they find, think, or believe, they must do as you say anyway, that, my friend, is what "ruling power" is all about.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
A lie repeated becomes acceptable
= herd mentality

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
A lie repeated becomes acceptable
= herd mentality

Notice how Trump repeats and repeats himself? He knows full well the NLP techniques and how to manipulate weak people.

Brilliant actually in it's simplicity and effectiveness.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: cantthinkofausername

I was just listening to cable news where they were asking the exact same thing. Why does he lie so much?

One answer might be that he has some sort of compulsion to exaggerate and prevaricate

Or, it may be that Trump just likes to speak in hyperbole to make his point (which is a much more harmless presumption.) He isn't really expecting people to take him literally. He wants to get his idea across, make a substantial point. He uses exaggeration to do that. It is not an uncommon technique.

Was it the greatest victory ever? No -- but it was a pretty stunning victory coming from behind like that, by any reasonable measure.

Was his inauguration the most highly attended ever? No -- but a lot of people attended and there was an unusually high level of energy among the attendees.

Are all immigrants hard core criminals? No -- but there are some hard core criminals part of that group, which should be alarming to people.

Did people dance on building tops on 9/11? Unproven -- but there were definitely people in this country who were extremely pleased to see that horrible destruction, without a doubt.

Is it huuge? -- Hard to say, but it definitely is not small and trivial.

I don't know. This type of constant exaggeration may undermine his credibility with some people, and it definitely adds fodder for criticism by those that don't like him. To his fans, he is just communicating clearly, in a clever, amusing, and impactful way. His fans completely understand the point he is making.

I don't think it is egoism at work here. I think it is an attempt to really drive a concept home with a small amount of words.

Hey -- I'm coming in rather late to this thread, I will go back and read what others have said. Maybe this has already been stated.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

Where did Trump say this? I just watched the press conference and he never said this. Your OP does not provide a video of him saying it. Please link.

Edit: and also please provide the time on the video where it's said so I don't have to watch the whole video listening for a specific sentence.

It is being reported in the news and I saw him say it during the news conference. He has made the same claim before, however. I think he believes it. My guess is he is getting unreliable "information" from alt-right news sources.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

We know.
It's not like he doesn't remind us....DAILY ..

Jesus H Christ Trump get over yourself. Lol

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: cantthinkofausername
Have a great day everyone.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Must be some kind of Mandela effect Foxyoxy. First I agreed with you earlier and now I starred your post. 🐺

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

Oh Sweety, it's only been twenty five days.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: odzeandennz

Very original line.

He later stated he was given that information, and that he was talking about Republicans

When something becomes a line as you say it's also a cliche and cliches are usually based on an oft repeated truth. So repeated it becomes well you get it.

Oh...
And he didn't get the most of either party and he didn't get the most votes in this election which is eating at him hence he has to repeat this lie ad nauseam. He's trying to fit this into his cube and it's just not fitting and he's obsessing over it.
It's very sad to see.
I sure hope someone is running the country because he's incapable of it.
Here's my favorite line and I use it often myself.
He's unfit for the office. He has always been and he will always be. Unfit.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

You know this an example of what propaganda wants to show, nobody wants to discuss what he has been accomplished or that he is trying to live to his campaign promises.

But now, is better to go after what is better to talk about, propaganda.

Have fun with it.

The man can't stop crying about ratings and saying things like 'all negative polls are fake news'. He is literally a walking propaganda machine.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
"...We got 306 because people came out and voted like they’ve never seen before so that’s the way it goes. I guess it was the biggest Electoral College win since Ronald Reagan. In other words, the media’s trying to attack our administration because they know we are following through on pledges that we made and they’re not happy about it for whatever reason."
- DT NYTimes transcript of the news conference

I read the entire transcript BTW but didn't watch the video.
His big lie about the electoral college vote seriously sounded more like a figure of speech rather than literal speaking. As in no on expected this to happen and he got more electoral votes than anyone expected. I would say this IS the biggest electoral win since Reagan, if your not taking every single word so literally and tried to hear what the man is a actually saying.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Because having been born into money and being rich all his life no one ever called him out on his BS. At this point it's just part of who he is. To him it's the normal and right way to be.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
LOL, it's been debunked huh? He won the election. Get over it. You people are losing your mind.

Are you saying the fact the OP was talking about was not true?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It may be the same strategy attorneys use in court. They will say something that is blatantly false despite the fact that opposing council will object and the judge will instruct the jury to disregard the statement. The fact is, the jury cannot 'un-hear' what was said. The untruth sinks in. That's the explanation I'll provide while giving Trump the benefit of the doubt. In fact, I honestly believe there is something fundamentally wrong with the man and that he actually believes these lies. Anyone can lookup, for example, his claims about his alleged historic electoral college victory and see that he actually ranks 46th. Out of 58. That's 13th to last place. But nevertheless he continues to publicly repeat this easily disproven outright fabrication. So he's either delusional, stupid enough to believe people won't check, or believes he can convince people of this alternate fact. And sadly enough, for some people that latter is --- much to my utter amazement --- true. For my money, I think he's mentally ill. And I don't mean that in a derogatory way. I honestly believe something is wrong with the guy. A normal person doesn't do this kind of thing.

edit on 17-2-2017 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Why does the media lie about things that can easily be verified?

Why does anyone lie?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
To answer the question posed in thread title, the reason Trump lies as he pleases is because he is following the lead of his several predecessors.

Lies and deception is pretty much what the US government has been about at least since we learned about it through the courage of Daniel Ellsberg. The Pentagon Papers proved that "purposeful withholding and distortion of facts" is the Modus Operandi of the federal government.

Trump lies because all recent US presidents have paved the way for the Unitary Executive and lies.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Politicians are among the lowest of lifeforms. They're just a little above pedophiles. Yes, they spin and twist facts. For example, 'I did not have sex with that woman'. Well, yes you did. She gave you a BJ. Is that sex? I say yes. Some people, however, say only intercourse qualifies as sex. Maybe Bill believes the latter. We can't know. It's deceptive.

On the other hand, when someone says they didn't meet someone when there is photographic proof to the contrary, says they never talked to someone when there are audio tapes to the contrary, and when they repeatedly say they had some record-breaking landslide electoral victory when any 4th grader can quickly see their 'victory' was the 13th worst in history, not only is that bald-faced lying, but the fact that it is repeated over and over again --- in the public forum --- should give anyone pause.

edit on 17-2-2017 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

And just to make sure no one attempts to use the 'it was only that one thing' argument, let me double-down. Another 'fact' that Trump cited in his press conference was that people came out to vote 'like they've never seen'. Another factoid he has used repeatedly. But when you actually look at the facts (the real ones, not his), actual voter turn-out (as a percentage of the population) for the 2016 election was far closer to the bottom than the top. Hardly 'like they've never seen'. Any thinking person would have to have a problem with this repeated, delusional behavior. So his demonstrably false statements are 'real news' and everyone else is 'fake news'. There is something seriously wrong with this guy.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join