It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Trump lie about things that can easily be verified?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
-
edit on 16-2-2017 by breakingbs because: ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: cantthinkofausername

wahhhhhhhhhh I lost... must maintain a conniption fit...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: breakingbs
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I also might add that one can switch back and forth between playground antics and not. And that I'm not afraid of being called out for being immature because I am.

When a trump supporter starts attacking me with playground antics while I'm trying to present a serious argument, that means they just lost in my eyes. That's when I disengage. I could accept that BS if we are just joking around and talking about your favorite movie or South Park episode, but I don't stand for being blindsided with insults and demeaning things said to me just because we differ in political opinions.

I do the same (disengage)...then, they come back at me with..."you fail to answer my question, therefore you are wrong and I am right" sort of stabs...its embarrassing...for them

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

originally posted by: TheBulk
LOL, it's been debunked huh? He won the election. Get over it. You people are losing your mind.

LOL... the TrumpTard mantra.. "get over it"

The irony...

Same when southerner tell black people to get over slavery. I'm like... really? Really?!

I've always been told to stop living in the past. Try it sometime, or like Southerners tell you about slavery, get over it. It didn't effect you anyways, it didn't effect any of us.

The past can never change...history repeats itself...intelligent people dont put blinders on (ie. out of site, out of mind or didnt effect me...dont care).

Intelligent people care about history, facts and hardships and wrong doings of all human kind. It takes a larger mind to encompass all of this...that people actually care about other people not like themselves.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

originally posted by: TheBulk
LOL, it's been debunked huh? He won the election. Get over it. You people are losing your mind.

LOL... the TrumpTard mantra.. "get over it"

The irony...

Same when southerner tell black people to get over slavery. I'm like... really? Really?!

I've always been told to stop living in the past. Try it sometime, or like Southerners tell you about slavery, get over it. It didn't effect you anyways, it didn't effect any of us.

Oh my word... it finally happened. You guys are beginning to understand the word "irony" in the same way you understand "triggered". Which is not at all.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump is great at this....

"Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Triggered"

But he's not "triggering" anybody. This is what some of you don't get. Trump looking stupid, behaving childishly, and then getting criticized for it doesn't "trigger" anybody but Trump supporters.

You are all a collective version of the guy telling jokes with toilet paper hanging out the back of his pants. He thinks we are all laughing at his jokes but we are really laughing at how stupid he looks.

I don't understand when pointing and laughing became the synonym for "triggered".

It didn't. You haven't paid attention, that's your first problem. Hundreds of triggered liberals are protesting all over the country, they're not pointing and laughing, they're kicking and screaming.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ThoughtIsMadness
Yeah, it's troubling.

In business, a lot of it is all about having 'a vision',
vehiculing that vision and living by it.

In a business environement, it's an increadibly closed circuit
- huis clos -

things are 'kept inside the house'
(us against the competitors)
and employees carry out/manifest
the vision laid down by The Boss'

I'm overly simplifying things....

Here, we have a businessman,
used to living/working/doing his thing
within a relatively restriced 'zone'

(Even though it's still 'The Donald' with his international connections and what have you)

Many business leaders are a bit flakey,
people generally accept that as their 'charm' and 'charisma'

Even so, we're still looking at a relatively limited level of exposure,
limited to their sphere of influence

'Expanding the truth' or painting a slightly different picture
is part and parcel of daily life.

However, being thrust from daily - relatively obscure - life to an international stage
with all of the scrutiny that that involves, 24/24 ...
that's a whole new ball game

I really think that there are many things going on at a very personal level for The Don'

I think a lot of it is about 'not being found out' (insecurity issues) notably

Not being taken seriously/a light weight:
hence Twitter posts (i'm relevent and with it)

*Lies/distorsions/whatevever* : i'm the boss, i make the rules

Don 'forgets' that he's not running a company anymore
He's running the world, but it's not fully sunk in

He continues to act as if he only has to deal with 'a small' (in relative terms) clique of people

He's not yet woken up to the fact that his clique
is no longer 1K people, but 10.. 50Mds people

The dissenters are going to be legion

How will he be able to cope with so many/much negativity ?

So where's the link to my original observation from the other thread ?

At some point, frustration will kick in, and he will need to act out
Lies and distortion are a bandaid for auto protection

He will feel the need to 'go a yard further' to prove a point
and that's where things could go extremely bad.

No need to lance a flamewar,
i'm just an an anonymous poster

edit on 16/2/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

But he's not "triggering" anybody. This is what some of you don't get. Trump looking stupid, behaving childishly, and then getting criticized for it doesn't "trigger" anybody but Trump supporters.

You are all a collective version of the guy telling jokes with toilet paper hanging out the back of his pants. He thinks we are all laughing at his jokes but we are really laughing at how stupid he looks.

I don't understand when pointing and laughing became the synonym for "triggered".

It didn't. You haven't paid attention, that's your first problem. Hundreds of triggered liberals are protesting all over the country, they're not pointing and laughing, they're kicking and screaming.

But that's not when I see it used. Here's the average ATS example of the word's usage:

- Trump does something delightfully Trumpish
- Somebody says "lol, look at that chump"
- ATS conservative says "You big triggered baby! Raargharhahghg!"

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

You dont pay attention...that is one of your many problems

I think you are getting the "not my president" protests mixed up with us just pointing and laughing at him (and those defending him).

the protesters were triggered...yes...all protesters are triggered to use their constitutional right to express their feelings.

However, that is a different issue.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Ameilia

I'm trying to find the reference as well. A search through the transcript shows that the only reference to the Electoral College is Trump saying he got 306 votes. That's also the only use of the word vote. And Reagan doesn't show up anywhere in the entire thing.

My research agrees. If someone doesn't provide a source of Trump saying what is claimed, I'm going to report this thread as a Hoax. Seriously. Someone here provide a freaking source, otherwise this thread is a BS waste of time and Hoax.

The thread it BS. The OP has been busy making threads like this.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I think you are getting the "not my president" protests mixed up with us just pointing and laughing at him (and those defending him).

the protesters were triggered...yes...all protesters are triggered to use their constitutional right to express their feelings.

Thanks, means a lot coming from someone like you. I guess "pointing and laughing" is the same as being so mad you lost that you get in the streets and hold up anti-Trump signs and tear down your own city. That's the epitome of triggered. It's like getting so mad at your wife that you rip your wiener off.
edit on 16-2-2017 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: cantthinkofausername

originally posted by: matafuchs

He clarified he meant GOP win...yeah...real big lie....

And that is even a lie..LOL

1988 George H.W. Bush 426

2016 Donald Trump 304

I suppose a triggered lad like yourself would rather go ahead and impeach him for saying he had more electoral votes than Bush.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think Trump had the most states won since Reagan. Some states have few people so they do not have the number of votes. I do not know if he did this, but I am guessing this may be what he means. He just isn't saying it correctly.

Nah, I just Googled this. Apparently in 1984, Reagan won FORTY NINE states. That must have been insane to watch! Trump definitely didn't out win him in states.

I said since Reagan. in my post. I remember Reagan winning the election, I watched a lot of elections over the years. I liked Kennedy's too, that is the first one I remember watching with my parents when I was a kid.

I was too young in 1984 to understand. It must have been neat to watch such a sweep. The elections I've watched have never happened like that. I can't imagine living in a world where nearly everyone was on the same page like that.

Same here, I was 5 in 1984. I've watched tons of documentaries on Reagan and the 80's though, and Reagan's election was a lot like Trump's, minus the numbers of course.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If he's like me, he's got a great intellect but a #ty memory.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

The troll left...go figure...I have a feeling he will be back to try to beat anti's posts....

Be on the lookout for a new user name.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon
'Forgetful' Donald lies because he can't remember things ?
That's not a good sign, forgetfullness in a world leader

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Thanks, means a lot coming from someone like you. I guess "pointing and laughing" is the same as being so mad you lost that you get in the streets and hold up anti-Trump signs and tear down your own city. That's the epitome of triggered. It's like getting so mad at your wife that you rip your wiener off.

If you read what I wrote...i said that it is NOT the same, another of your many faults...you do not fully read or purposely leave out facts to justify your own agenda.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Ameilia

I'm trying to find the reference as well. A search through the transcript shows that the only reference to the Electoral College is Trump saying he got 306 votes. That's also the only use of the word vote. And Reagan doesn't show up anywhere in the entire thing.

My research agrees. If someone doesn't provide a source of Trump saying what is claimed, I'm going to report this thread as a Hoax. Seriously. Someone here provide a freaking source, otherwise this thread is a BS waste of time and Hoax.

The thread it BS. The OP has been busy making threads like this.

I'm 5 pages behind now. Has anyone ever provided a video of Trump saying what the OP is claiming was said? Or provided where it is said in transcript?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Why does Trump lie about things that can easily be verified?

Short answer: Because Trumpets will believe it anyway.

Even shorter answer: Even Trump believes it.

That's the problem.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: breakingbs
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I also might add that one can switch back and forth between playground antics and not. And that I'm not afraid of being called out for being immature because I am.

When a trump supporter starts attacking me with playground antics while I'm trying to present a serious argument, that means they just lost in my eyes. That's when I disengage. I could accept that BS if we are just joking around and talking about your favorite movie or South Park episode, but I don't stand for being blindsided with insults and demeaning things said to me just because we differ in political opinions.

I do the same (disengage)...then, they come back at me with..."you fail to answer my question, therefore you are wrong and I am right" sort of stabs...its embarrassing...for them

Except it's the OP that just got binned. Whose embarrassed?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join