It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Trump lie about things that can easily be verified?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

His posts are entertaining but he is not always biased and many times does a lot of work before posting.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Abysha

"Triggered" is the word conservatives use in the way that they have internalized liberals using "racist". The go to card you can just whip out to make someone shut up saying something you disagree with and don't feel like arguing against (instead of making them feel ashamed though, the trick is to make them feel silly). Naturally, the hypocrisy of this is lost on them.

Okay since you make cogent points I'll just add. I agree, but I also don't think the point is making one feel silly. The point is arguing your case.

to me, one of the arguing/debating techniques of trumpiteers is to take their receiving insults and sling them right back...however, this one was edited from "racist or bigot" (which has been slung at me many times) to "triggered"...which is much better than being a racist or bigot...I guess the lil trumpiteers found a new word to misuse.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

True from a standpoint but it had origins in something specific as a way to point out how some people feel the left had gone overboard with antics but I digress because I actually agree.

But as far as making the other side "feel silly" I just don't see the point, and I don't think it works.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

a reply to: marg6043

What exactly HAS Trump accomplished so far? For instance, his biggest move, the immigration ban, is being held up in courts.

well we have the stock market surging to greater heights then ever before.

Wait wait wait wait wait! Are you seriously trying to have Trump take credit for the economy that Obama left him? Sheesh... How dishonest.

he got companies to change their plans and stay in the US prior to even becoming a president.

Besides the fact that he exaggerated what he did here, this really isn't much of anything. Maybe good for the people working at those particular companies, but does nothing for the rest of the economy.

him running for office has brought to light just how corrupt the political parties and news media are.

Sensational BS. Feeding into people's confirmation bias just creates division and unrest. It isn't an accomplishment.

the list can keep on going and hes been in office what... a month?

Please do keep going because your "list" is rather weak.

lol u can try to discount those things but one life saved is one less life lost and whether u think thats insignificant or not isnt part of the argument. why do u think that i believe only one side of the media is lying to the people? all sides are lying and have been for decades. its apparent if u read all sides of the aisle on news stories. none of them tell the truth and in the end every single story falls apart when u combine the facts from each article. its not just the US media either, its any english speaking media outlet the world over. not sure why u think people seeing how dishonest the media has become is a bad thing for the people. id argue being lied to and making decisions on untruths is a far bigger crime and disservice to the people. why dont u bring up a comparison list of what the past presidents have done their first 30 days in office. heres a fun qoute for you "The first hundred days is going to be important, but it’s probably going to be the first thousand days that makes the difference."
edit on 16-2-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

That's kinda what I meant. I'll still debate 'im though..

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
And ... have we kind of, you know... hum ... given any thought as to why
Trump could be construed as being 'light on veracity', so as not to not say that he fabricates things, fibs, distorts, invents things or even *deep breath* 'L' word ?

I'm sticking to my original reply

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I also might add that one can switch back and forth between playground antics and not. And that I'm not afraid of being called out for being immature because I kind of am. Sorry for the brevity, I've been on here for a while and one loses steam. ..
edit on 16-2-2017 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
So... after a spate of handbags at dawn,
could we feasibly get back to "Why does Trump lie about things that can easily be verified ?"

That was the original thread title, after all.

Not, "you get more triggered than me"

No i don't
yes you do
no.i.don't
yes.you. dooooooo

Jébus

You are sounding.........

No but seriously, I think that he is just not used to the environment where everything you say will be dissected.
I mean he does come from a business (however good or bad he may be) background. However being at the pinnacle of the US political heap is a totally different kettle of fish. The only way that some of the more controversial policy ideas that he holds can survive is through secrecy. Perhaps he is just taking the "I will lie my ass off so much they won't be able to find the truth approach."
There is the chance that it is all distraction.Street hustlers use it to take your money.
Its the three shells game.

link   
a reply to: cantthinkofausername

link   

lol u can try to discount those things but one life saved is one less life lost and whether u think thats insignificant or not isnt part of the argument.

Like I said, it may be good for them, but for the rest of the economy it isn't anything. If Trump went company by company saving all the jobs. He'd never finish by the end of his Presidency. These stunts are really just good press opportunities and nothing else.

why do u think that i believe only one side of the media is lying to the people?

Where did I say this to begin with?

all sides are lying and have been for decades. its apparent if u read all sides of the aisle on news stories. none of them tell the truth and in the end every single story falls apart when u combine the facts from each article. its not just the US media either, its any english speaking media outlet the world over. not sure why u think people seeing how dishonest the media has become is a bad thing for the people.

Yea yea. I've heard this tired song and dance before. I happen to know how to read multiple sources and have educated myself on common propaganda techniques. I've practiced much critical thinking too. So fake news stories don't scare me away from the news like it apparently does you. I have the knowledge and training to pick out the truth from the lies. Sure I make mistakes from time to time in my analyses, but I'd rather be wrong than paranoid and ignorant like all you "media lies 100% of the time" people are.

id argue being lied to and making decisions on untruths is a far bigger crime and disservice to the people. why dont u bring up a comparison list of what the past presidents have done their first 30 days in office. heres a fun qoute for you "The first hundred days is going to be important, but it’s probably going to be the first thousand days that makes the difference."

Previous Presidents don't get sidetracked for days or weeks on end about petty vanity issues like how many votes you got in the popular vote. Or take time out of their day to attack people or organizations critical of you on Twitter. Those 1000 days only matter if you actually ACCOMPLISH something with the first 100.
edit on 16-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

I also might add that one can switch back and forth between playground antics and not. And that I'm not afraid of being called out for being immature because I am.

When a trump supporter starts attacking me with playground antics while I'm trying to present a serious argument, that means they just lost in my eyes. That's when I disengage. I could accept that BS if we are just joking around and talking about your favorite movie or South Park episode, but I don't stand for being blindsided with insults and demeaning things said to me just because we differ in political opinions.
edit on 16-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
LOL, it's been debunked huh? He won the election. Get over it. You people are losing your mind.

LOL... the TrumpTard mantra.. "get over it"

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

lol u can try to discount those things but one life saved is one less life lost and whether u think thats insignificant or not isnt part of the argument.

Like I said, it may be good for them, but for the rest of the economy it isn't anything. If Trump went company by company saving all the jobs. He'd never finish by the end of his Presidency. These stunts are really just good press opportunities and nothing else.

why do u think that i believe only one side of the media is lying to the people?

Where did I say this to begin with?

all sides are lying and have been for decades. its apparent if u read all sides of the aisle on news stories. none of them tell the truth and in the end every single story falls apart when u combine the facts from each article. its not just the US media either, its any english speaking media outlet the world over. not sure why u think people seeing how dishonest the media has become is a bad thing for the people. id argue being lied to and making decisions on untruths is a far bigger crime and disservice to the people. why dont u bring up a comparison list of what the past presidents have done their first 30 days in office. heres a fun qoute for you "The first hundred days is going to be important, but it’s probably going to be the first thousand days that makes the difference."

Yea yea. I've heard this tired song and dance before. I happen to know how to read multiple sources and have educated myself on common propaganda techniques. I've practiced much critical thinking too. So fake news stories don't scare me away from the news like it apparently does you. I have the knowledge and training to pick out the truth from the lies. Sure I make mistakes from time to time in my analyses, but I'd rather be wrong than paranoid and ignorant like all you "media lies 100% of the time" people are.

well i just assumed when u mentiond "Feeding into people's confirmation bias just creates division". u may have heard that song and dance before because anytime people bring up a credible press i point them to instances where its just not true. obviously im not scared of reading fake news and falsehoods otherwise how would i have come to the conclusion our news is spun from top to bottom. its up to every reader to try and decide what the actual story is. im curious as to why u think u can come to a solid conclusion though when u read those articles and find that each and every one is leaving out facts that harpoon whatever agenda they are trying to push. what all are they leaving out? imo unless your one of the affected in a news storya nd actually lived through it, there is zero chance of having a grasp of the truth and any conclusion u come to could be 100% off the mark. really leaves u guessing and u just hope your getting enough info to make a decent enough conclusion. i never said 100% of the media lies, but the hide the lies with truths. the hard part is discerning whats truth and whats fiction.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Those of us that have been around awhile and have made the effort to almost memorize "the 25 rules of disno"
Childish insults like snowflake and triggered are just written off as old No. 5.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm guilty of using it on the forums and have the scars to prove it by straying off the "mudpit" reseveration and getting caught with my pants down. There should also be a penalty for mixing metaphors as well, but that's a horse of a different color.

Back on topic...what's the question?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Eh

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Trump is successful because he constantly puts others on 'defense' while he continually plays 'offense.' This is why he always blames others and never himself.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

LOL, it's been debunked huh? He won the election. Get over it. You people are losing your mind.

The irony...

Same when southerner tell black people to get over slavery. I'm like... really? Really?!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: odzeandennz

Very original line.

He later stated he was given that information, and that he was talking about Republicans

Yeah he's been saying that since the final votes were tallied, that he won more electoral votes for Republicans. They tried to twist his words around in the primaries as well when he said he's won more votes than any Republican. OP made that username 3 weeks ago, I'd take these threads with a grain of salt. I admit it's funny seeing vets join in with his schoolyard antics.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

The irony...

Same when southerner tell black people to get over slavery. I'm like... really? Really?!

I've always been told to stop living in the past. Try it sometime, or like Southerners tell you about slavery, get over it. It didn't effect you anyways, it didn't effect any of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join