It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Trump lie about things that can easily be verified?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: cantthinkofausername

Just stay on topic

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Have a great day everyone.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

To quote the left's queen bee, "What difference – at this point, what difference does it make?"

But really, It doesn't matter how much he bloviates. What matters is he is carrying out his campaign promises and getting stuff done.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: cantthinkofausername

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: peppycat

sorry, i just can't help myself, but...how do we know each scenario of the Trump link quotes are legit as the source does not explain in full detail or provide video/links to when Trump Said all those things...how do i know it is not just a journalist spin..?
i guess i can do my own research, but i am not a journalist, as they the ones with that much energy to focus on Trump.

Just one example of the misrepresentation by Politifact is this one:

Trump wrongly claims tremendous support from women

Of course, Trump's statement is that he thinks he has tremendous support from women, which is probably true, even if he doesn't actually have the support.

"I think I have tremendous support from women," Trump said in a Nov. 3, 2016, speech in Jacksonville, Fla. "Tremendous support."

Politifact gets a pants on fire rating. And this is where people get their "facts" from.

Did you just try challenge a fact that Trump only had 40 some percent of total women voted compared to Clinton 50 some percent with an opinion? LOL

It's a significant enough portion to suggest that he's not a "sexistracisthomophobe" or the like.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump is totally out of his league if he can't handle a simple press conference without the childish remarks when triggered.

I think even his supporters are beginning to see he is suffering from some form of mental illness. That press conference was very revealing.

All I saw was a hostile session where they undermined and spun everything he said to their agenda, trying to get him to form words they will use later on the six o'clock news. The most of Americans are at work didn't hear it live, never will, only the spin they put on it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
Not triggered? Guess that I'm not really reading this thread about it. Guess I didn't see it on Tv and hear about it on radio.

a reply to: Abysha

What is your favorite show? Do you talk about it and think about it because you are "triggered"?

I don't think you (nor most conservatives) know what that word really means.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Immature isn't it?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Part of what puts a person into power, IMO, is the ability to speak and think well about yourself...this Trump is great at.
thank you for pointing out an example of journalistic spinning...it is an eye opener.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: cantthinkofausername
Have a great day everyone.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The troll left...go figure...I have a feeling he will be back to try to beat anti's posts....

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: marg6043

What exactly HAS Trump accomplished so far? For instance, his biggest move, the immigration ban, is being held up in courts.

well we have the stock market surging to greater heights then ever before.

Wait wait wait wait wait! Are you seriously trying to have Trump take credit for the economy that Obama left him? Sheesh... How dishonest.

he got companies to change their plans and stay in the US prior to even becoming a president.

Besides the fact that he exaggerated what he did here, this really isn't much of anything. Maybe good for the people working at those particular companies, but does nothing for the rest of the economy.

him running for office has brought to light just how corrupt the political parties and news media are.

Sensational BS. Feeding into people's confirmation bias just creates division and unrest. It isn't an accomplishment.

the list can keep on going and hes been in office what... a month?

Please do keep going because your "list" is rather weak.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I can also tell that the majority of you did not even watch the news conference. I mean, the people who are in the room as well as the media are laughing at the media members who are trying to push him. This is a guy who has had to defend himself for decades against the media. He comes in an eviscerates the RNC and DNC, wins, and he is still called a retarded cheeto?

This is going to be a great 8 years and then Ivanka can take over....she looks good behind that desk.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs
a reply to: intrptr

Immature isn't it?

This country is being run by adult children.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

"Triggered" is the word conservatives use in the way that they have internalized liberals using "racist". The go to card you can just whip out to make someone shut up saying something you disagree with and don't feel like arguing against (instead of making them feel ashamed though, the trick is to make them feel silly). Naturally, the hypocrisy of this is lost on them.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So... after a spate of handbags at dawn,
could we feasibly get back to "Why does Trump lie about things that can easily be verified ?"

That was the original thread title, after all.

Not, "you get more triggered than me"

No i don't
yes you do
no.i.don't
yes.you. dooooooo

Jébus
edit on 16/2/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

id much rather be "triggered" than a racist bigot, lol

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Anti is entertaining. I take it for what it is. As far as some of these others geez they really need to get over the fact that they can't hurt our feelings by doing the same thing to us we do to them to point out all of their bias. It doesn't work like that. And if they have a real issue with trump they need to just state it. I actually am upset that the leftist media is now focused on trying to trigger people because they want us to feel bad or some asinine thing. We have a point and they don't.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity
Noooooo not the 'T' word !

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

"Triggered" is the word conservatives use in the way that they have internalized liberals using "racist". The go to card you can just whip out to make someone shut up saying something you disagree with and don't feel like arguing against (instead of making them feel ashamed though, the trick is to make them feel silly). Naturally, the hypocrisy of this is lost on them.

Okay since you make cogent points I'll just add. I agree, but I also don't think the point is making one feel silly. The point is arguing your case.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

No. There is no "arguing your case" when you use the word triggered. If you are going to opt down that road, you separated from "arguing your case" back a few stops ago. By the time you have used the word "triggered", you have entered school yard antics.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join