It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Trump lie about things that can easily be verified?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: cantthinkofausername

Gasp.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ThoughtIsMadness

I don't care about the hash tag. And I'm not sure I mentioned, uhhhh, groups you say I choose to berate??

edit on 16-2-2017 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: cantthinkofausername

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Actually a mistake, ad lib or tangent is different than outright lies.

When you make a mistake, ad lib or lose your train of thought you attempt to fix it. Whereas Trump repeats those "mistakes" over and over even after being told he was wrong. Therefor that makes them outright BS.

Focusing on one point while avoiding all the rest is also outright BS. It's called cherry-picking.

No cherry picking.

I provided a list of verifiable lies and here it is again.

All False statements involving Donald Trump
There are seven pages full of verifiable lies.

All False statements involving Barack Obama
Four pages of Obama over eight years and Trump has almost doubled that in such a short time.

Yes, cherry-picking. Not only that but now you're card-stacking, which is more outright BS. As far as I can tell, Trump has spoken more in his campaign than Obama did in his entire two-terms. Obama mostly repeated speeches written for him, and rarely spoke off the top of the dome. Where are the true statements?

Yes, cherry-picking, and now card-stacking. You should work for the MSM.

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

First, if it is not a big deal why bring it up?

Second, I'm no one? Oh no....my wittle feelings are hurt. Don't imagine. Listen. That is the problem. People like yourself 'imagine' the things that could happen and take bits and pieces from who you choose to listen to and create an alternate reality where people like myself simply listen and move on. A lie is a lie no matter who you are. I mean, basically you are saying since you are not POTUS you can also like whenever and it means nothing.

Third, Like your self portrait in your avatar by the way....small hands and everything.

First I said I find it amazing how he can lie so much.

Second was not intended as insult..but it appeared to strike a nerve with you...sorry bout your wittle feelings.

Third...I know you're trying your best to insult and get me riled up..all I have to say is try harder..

link   
A day without a Trump lie,
is like a rainy day in the Sahara

link   

sorry, i just can't help myself, but...how do we know each scenario of the Trump link quotes are legit as the source does not explain in full detail or provide video/links to when Trump Said all those things...how do i know it is not just a journalist spin..?
i guess i can do my own research, but i am not a journalist, as they the ones with that much energy to focus on Trump.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

I don't care about the hash tag. And I'm not sure I mentioned uh groups you say I choose to berate??

Listen no need to take it hard, people sometimes forget things. Even if people mention his tiny hands or his wonderful orange-ey-ness. He won't be hurt for long, cuz he'll forget soon.

You can rub his ego all you want in private no need to do it in a public forum.

And the winner IS......... (said in a Bruce Almighty kinda way)

#TriggeredYouSoHardBro

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat

sorry, i just can't help myself, but...how do we know each scenario of the Trump link quotes are legit as the source does not explain in full detail or provide video/links to when Trump Said all those things...how do i know it is not just a journalist spin..?
i guess i can do my own research, but i am not a journalist, as they the ones with that much energy to focus on Trump.

Just one example of the misrepresentation by Politifact is this one:

Trump wrongly claims tremendous support from women

Of course, Trump's statement is that he thinks he has tremendous support from women, which is probably true, even if he doesn't actually have the support.

"I think I have tremendous support from women," Trump said in a Nov. 3, 2016, speech in Jacksonville, Fla. "Tremendous support."

Politifact gets a pants on fire rating. And this is where people get their "facts" from.
edit on 16-2-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

58% of white women voted for Trump.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Yes, cherry-picking. Not only that but now you're card-stacking, which is more outright BS. As far as I can tell, Trump has spoken more in his campaign than Obama did in his entire two-terms. Obama mostly repeated speeches written for him, and rarely spoke off the top of the dome. Where are the true statements?

Trump is speaking from the top of his head, well I would hope so otherwise fire that speech writer. LOL

Why would anyone hire a speech writer that makes you sound like an idiot. LOL

The true statement is and always has been that Trump lies at the drop of a hat, he would do better to hire a speech writer.

I mean look at the guy compared to the other world leaders he met. LMAO. Trump should never have a public conversations with people who are obviously better spoken and more intelligent than him.

I mean if this is your guy...wow..sorry.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

When you make a mistake, ad lib or lose your train of thought you attempt to fix it. Whereas Trump repeats those "mistakes" over and over even after being told he was wrong. Therefor that makes them outright BS.

Focusing on one point while avoiding all the rest is also outright BS. It's called cherry-picking.

pointing out lies, especially ones that are easily verified is not called cherry-picking.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: cantthinkofausername

No cherry picking.

I provided a list of verifiable lies and here it is again.

All False statements involving Donald Trump
There are seven pages full of verifiable lies.

All False statements involving Barack Obama
Four pages of Obama over eight years and Trump has almost doubled that in such a short time.

You know that Obama repeated speeches and they were all written for him?

How???

How do you know all of this...AMAZING

AMAZING as in...OMG, its so amazing that you are actually a human

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Uh no. You actually didn't. I'm going to assume you're joking. If not then yeah not sure I want to waste time on twenty rounds of who is or is not triggered. I actually don't..

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Trump is speaking from the top of his head, well I would hope so otherwise fire that speech writer. LOL

Why would anyone hire a speech writer that makes you sound like an idiot. LOL

The true statement is and always has been that Trump lies at the drop of a hat, he would do better to hire a speech writer.

I mean look at the guy compared to the other world leaders he met. LMAO. Trump should never have a public conversations with people who are obviously better spoken and more intelligent than him.

I mean if this is your guy...wow..sorry.

Cherry-picking, card-stacking, and all of it derived from the very media that threw ethics to the wind.
edit on 16-2-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: residentgood
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

58% of white women voted for Trump.

Did you mean to say that 58% of the female voters that voted for trump were white.

link   
Not triggered? Guess that I'm not really reading this thread about it. Guess I didn't see it on Tv and hear about it on radio.

a reply to: Abysha

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat

Just one example of the misrepresentation by Politifact is this one:

Trump wrongly claims tremendous support from women

Of course, Trump's statement is that he thinks he has tremendous support from women, which is probably true, even if he doesn't actually have the support.

"I think I have tremendous support from women," Trump said in a Nov. 3, 2016, speech in Jacksonville, Fla. "Tremendous support."

Politifact gets a pants on fire rating. And this is where people get their "facts" from.

Did you just try challenge a fact that Trump only had 40 some percent of total women voted compared to Clinton 50 some percent with an opinion? LOL

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

53%, not 58%. My bad.

nytlive.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: marg6043

What exactly HAS Trump accomplished so far? For instance, his biggest move, the immigration ban, is being held up in courts.

well we have the stock market surging to greater heights then ever before. he got companies to change their plans and stay in the US prior to even becoming a president. him running for office has brought to light just how corrupt the political parties and news media are. the list can keep on going and hes been in office what... a month? you people are ridiculous that think any newly elected president can fulfill their campaign promises in that amount of time. just for fun why dont u try to equalize your thought process and give this a look affordable care act timeline
edit on 16-2-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

Uh no. You actually didn't. I'm going to assume you're joking. If not then yeah not sure I want to waste time on twenty rounds of who is or is not triggered. I actually don't..

LOL for someone who isn't triggered you sure do argue that you're not triggered an awful lot. LOL
edit on 16-2-2017 by cantthinkofausername because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join